PDA

View Full Version : question regarding lcd tv and monitor

syun_ukiya
12-24-2009, 01:24 PM
is there a difference about the resolution? my pc monitor is samsung 22inch lcd, i play ps2 with hdbox and im not quite happy with the resolution. its not as sharp as with the tv. maybe because ps2 is originally played with crt tvs. my question is if i buy a 32 inch lcd tv will the quality be the same? or the resolution of the lcd tvs is different from my lcd monitor. will it be sharper with an lcd tv?

Mirage
12-24-2009, 08:00 PM
It's most likely because you're sitting much closer to the PC monitor than you would to a TV, and therefore notice it more easily. In addition to that, the image on LCD displays always look best when you set them to their native resolution.

syun_ukiya
12-24-2009, 08:12 PM
i was playing games on my ps2 in my computer monitor (samsung22) but the image is not as sharp as when im using the tv. so i suppose ps2 is not that good on lcd monitors, right?

so does an lcd tv have the same result for my ps2?

Mirage
12-24-2009, 09:49 PM
The PS2 isn't the reason for this. Any signal that's of the same resolution that the PS2 spits out will look bad on a PC monitor. The low resolution is "hidden" by a CRT's interlacing and fuzziness, and the fact that you're not sitting as close to it as you are to your PC monitor. The further away you are, the harder it is to notice how bad low resolutions look.