PDA

View Full Version : how the hell can VINCENT VALENTINE be ANYONES favorite ff7 charater????

reinward
12-25-2009, 02:43 AM
why is vincent so many peoples favorites??? i hear it all the time!!!

its been a couple yrs since i played ff7 but if i recall correctly he is locked in the shinra mansion and then you get him in your party.

whenever i talked to him he just blabbed off a bunch of big nonsensical tying-to-sound-smart words

yeah sure, he looked cool if you are into vampire goths and such, but he was LAME! i dont understand how people can can be like OMG favorite character in Vincent!!!!

he didnt do anything!!!

granted i havent watched or played any of the 9000 ff7 spin-off stuff

Raistlin
12-25-2009, 02:53 AM
... so apparently you don't remember or understand any of his backstory. You can complain once you do that. He was unfortunately underdeveloped, but he still had a good backstory, along with the cool looks. The dark and emo also appeals to many people.

Note that Vincent is far from my favorite character, and I never used him in my party because his limit breaks are lame.

Christmas
12-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Would Vincent Valentine love you? - Quiz | Get More Quizzes at Quizilla (http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/3033014/would-vincent-valentine-love-you)

Rad Bromance
12-25-2009, 03:30 AM
I liked his story and his character design but of all the characters in all the times I've played through the game he's the only one almost never, ever use. Mainly because of how his limit breaks work.

leader of mortals
12-25-2009, 04:59 AM
Vincent is supposed to be shrouded in mystery. Many people, fangirls being a large part, love mysterious characters(look at fking edward).

But if you do learn about Vincent, you will see that he is actually a very interesting character. DoC revolves entirely around Vincent, and I didn't have a problem with DoC, because I do find Vincent to be an interesting character. He is not my favorite, my favorite around the same path of Vincent is Freya(Wow, they're like the same. Lots and lots of very interesting backstory, much of it dark, and little involvment in the plot), and my true favorite is probably Vivi.

The backstory behind Vincent is this...

He was a Turk, and worked with a scientist named Lucrecia, and a scientist named Hojo, and Lucrecia and Hojo were sexually involved in some way(I don't know if they were married, but I don't think so). Vincent, however, began to like Lucrecia, and Lucrecia also began to like Vincent. Lucrecia was entirely involved in her work, though, and even decided to put her body at risk, by allowing Hojo to impregnate her and inject Jenova Cells into the womb(This is Sephiroth). Vincent saw what was happening, but decided to not interfere, even though he sees that Lucrecia is making a huge mistake(this is the "sin" that he talks about in FF7). Hojo, possibly knowing that Vincent liked Lucrecia, decided to inject some cell into Vincent(I don't remember what kind it was), and this turned Vincent into the Vampire-like state that he is in FF7. Vincent decided that this was his punishment for allowing Lucrecia to birth Sephiroth, and locks himself away to sleep forever, until Cloud meets him.

seiferalmasy2
12-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Vincent is underdeveloped and I would agree with OP that he is vastly overrated. Some people like a character simply for how he looks or a smart word here and there, rather than any substance.

Auron is seen as super cool on X for much the same reason, but at least he had more devlopment. Vincent is still a good character though

blackmage_nuke
12-25-2009, 09:44 AM
LongBarrelR : 255% accuracy + deathblow = awesome

Anyway Vincent is pretty much the Auron of FFVII and everyone likes the cool silent character.

line_genrou
12-25-2009, 01:49 PM
He has the looks of an anime character.
Maybe that's why.Like Sephiroth.

It's just something that screams ANIME,more than the others.

Skyblade
12-26-2009, 06:57 AM
LongBarrelR : 255% accuracy + deathblow = awesome

Anyway Vincent is pretty much the Auron of FFVII and everyone likes the cool silent character.

Vincent may be a decent character, but he is not even close to being in league with Auron. Next to no plot involvement, a far less developed backstory, and less awesomeness in general.

ANGRYWOLF
12-26-2009, 10:32 PM
but he was ok.
Not his fault he was underdeveloped or his limit breaks were lame.

Doc was a disappointment.

If they redo FFVII as the rumor is they might maybe they should add some additional backstory.

When I played the game I usually had him in my party.

qwertysaur
12-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Fangirls often defy all logic :p

Rostum
12-26-2009, 11:00 PM
He had a bit of a backstory that was very involved with Hojo and Sephiroth's real mother, which was pretty cool. Other than that, I never thought too much of him; no idea why he got his own game to be honest.

PeneloRatsbane
12-29-2009, 03:18 PM
I like him because for all his moody queitness and atonement he's actually pretty niave and hopeless. Lucrecia and Hojo are equally to blame for what they did but his love for her blinds him. He's a fool, but a lovable one

vinnie's mini's
12-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I like him because for all his moody queitness and atonement he's actually pretty niave and hopeless. Lucrecia and Hojo are equally to blame for what they did but his love for her blinds him. He's a fool, but a lovable one

I have to agree with this. I found his story to be really interesting and despite the fact that I can't stand Lucrecia I loved how he acted around her in DoC - he was so innocent looking and I found that so cute :love: !

I also love the turks in general, so the fact that Vincent was one is a point in his favour!

Yes, I am indeed a Vincent fangirl (No duh from my name :p ) and I do find his appearence very attractive ~ I have needs damnit! :eek:

I will proudly say that Vincent Valentine is my favorite final fantasy character. :omghey:

Crop
01-02-2010, 01:05 AM
no idea why he got his own game to be honest.

Probably because he was the only main character in FFVII that you knew little about. Easy to work with.

I found him boring, I know his back story and frankly I don't think it's that interesting. I'd rather they made a game about Red XIII's past tbh.

Shiny
01-02-2010, 01:20 AM
whenever i talked to him he just blabbed off a bunch of big nonsensical tying-to-sound-smart words
I know, I hate when people ty to sound smart.

BarelySeeAtAll
01-04-2010, 07:50 PM
why is vincent so many peoples favorites??? i hear it all the time!!!

its been a couple yrs since i played ff7 but if i recall correctly he is locked in the shinra mansion and then you get him in your party.

yeah sure, he looked cool if you are into vampire goths and such, but he was LAME! i dont understand how people can can be like OMG favorite character in Vincent!!!!

he didnt do anything!!!

granted i havent watched or played any of the 9000 ff7 spin-off stuff

He's what you call "deep" and pretty realistic when you think about what has happened in his life. Of course it wouldn't make sense to you because you haven't taken the time to get to know the characters, hence I don't think it that fair of you to judge to immediately. If storylines and that kind of thing isn't your thing, one) why play FFVII haha, and two) you probably appreciate the fighting etc more. Don't know about your game, but in mine he's a pretty good fighter.

:cool: You're jealous of his awesome hawtness :love: