PDA

View Full Version : So if someone else answers your cellphone...

LunarWeaver
12-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Would it bother you? Mine was across the house and someone else answered it. They handed it to me with a girl I've been avoiding for years on the other line. I was upset and nobody understood why.

If you forgot your phone at home, were in the shower, were busy hunting for wabbits, or whatever, and someone answered your phone, would you be upset? (This isn't a particular worried/emergency situation, just casual pick it up and say "Hello, Kyle's phone" sort of deal.) I am very picky about peeps touching my stuff. :hat:

Badge
12-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't really mind if they just pick it up and give it to me. I get annoyed if people read my messages. Not because I have stuff to hide but because it's personal!

Rantz
12-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't want them to do that, no. Maybe if they knew the person who was calling and such. I don't much like people using my cellphone in the first place. Cellphones are so personal these days! Someone playing with your cellphone is like having someone start to fiddle with your nipples uninvited.

Yar
12-25-2009, 09:59 PM
My father once read my text messages.

He said he'll never do it again. :D

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
12-25-2009, 10:56 PM
No.

It should not be done. Not unless permission is given first.

Rye
12-25-2009, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't want them to do that, no. Maybe if they knew the person who was calling and such. I don't much like people using my cellphone in the first place. Cellphones are so personal these days! Someone playing with your cellphone is like having someone start to fiddle with your nipples uninvited.

:)

Mirage
12-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Answer calls, sure. Read messages, no.

blackmage_nuke
12-25-2009, 11:40 PM
No never touch my phone, though for some reason my parents get angry when i dont answer their phone for them.

Momiji
12-26-2009, 02:16 AM
I don't like it when people touch my stuff without my permission.

Raistlin
12-26-2009, 02:21 AM
For most people, I would not want them to answer my phone, or mess with it at all when I'm not around.

I Took the Red Pill
12-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Yeah I'd be annoyed, just let that :bou::bou::bou::bou: go to voicemail son, that's what it's for. If it's that important they'll just leave a message.

Tavrobel
12-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Well, if the person who picked it up knew the person calling, I would have no problem. Otherwise, I don't think that I would really care, even though my cell phone is always in my pocket and it's on silent all the time anyways, so it would be hard for others to even pick it up unless they were watching the phone. It's never happened to me.

Christmas
12-26-2009, 04:03 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/srinuswat/NOKIAGUN.jpg

No one dares answer my phone for me. :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-26-2009, 04:06 AM
If they knew the person sure, otherwise, no. Also, wouldn't want them reading my texts. Plus, they'd regret it if they did anyways. :P

Peegee
12-26-2009, 04:25 AM
Good example of why people shouldn't touch your phone.

I wouldn't answer another person's phone unless I got permission, and I'd expect the same from others.

Incidentally if I saw that a person I didn't want to talk to was on the other line I'd hang up the phone. I've actually done that a few times. =)

Moon Rabbits
12-26-2009, 04:35 AM
I don't own a cellphone so I don't have this problem~~~~~

I've picked people's phones up before though. Depends how well I know the person whose phone it is, and if I know the person calling.

Sometimes I do it just to be a dick :jess:

Jiro
12-26-2009, 07:47 AM
I don't mind people answering my phone, but reading messages is a no. I don't answer other people's phones unless I have permission. Though I often answer house phones ^_^

Jojee
12-26-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't like it when people touch my stuff without my permission.
Yes :mog: I will kick people in the balls for reading/touching my personal crap.

Shlup
12-26-2009, 11:51 AM
If they know the person calling then I don't mind, but other than that I will murder them. The only time BJ and I answer each others phones is when the other person can't get to it and it's family or a good friend.

Rodarian
12-26-2009, 02:33 PM
I unless I give permission to do so, I do not like anyone using my cellphone. Plus its absolutely disrespectful for someone to read my message let alone anyone messages.

For a time my dad had the same phone as I did ( Use to be Motorola l6I now own a brand new Nokia!!!) And sometimes he purposely checked my messages.... His stupid excuse was it was in front of me and I can do what I want! (RAGE!!!)

Breine
12-26-2009, 04:23 PM
My cell phone is my cell phone, so no I don't like for other people to answer it. It's the same as reading other peoples' text messages. It's a no-no. I like having my privacy.

LunarWeaver
12-26-2009, 09:24 PM
No never touch my phone, though for some reason my parents get angry when i dont answer their phone for them.

This is how my grandma is. She flakes and leaves it everywhere. I try to find her fast enough if I hear it, but sometimes she's outside or some such. If I don't reach her, she yells at me for not answering it. She thinks it's rude to send them to voice mail, I guess. I highly disagree.

I knew the Internet would back me up on this :moo:

Miriel
12-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I don't care if other people answer my phone. If they catch the phone while I'm in the shower or can't reach it myself in time, then they're doing me a favor.

It's only happened a few times though. I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like I have a secret crack addiction and I don't want my boyfriend finding out about my dealer.

Levian
12-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't care if people read my texts, but I probably would if my life was a bit more saucy. :D I don't think I'd care much if people answered my phone either really. I hate it when people look through my photo album, though.

Jess
12-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I don't care if other people answer my phone. If they catch the phone while I'm in the shower or can't reach it myself in time, then they're doing me a favor.

It's only happened a few times though. I don't think it's a big deal. It's not like I have a secret crack addiction and I don't want my boyfriend finding out about my dealer.
This.

but, reading text messages is a no-no!

Aydin
12-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I'd prefer it if my family or friends did not answer my phone but there's no one I'm avoiding. However, if someone reads my messages, I'd be uber P.O.ed!!! >:[

NorthernChaosGod
12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't like anyone touching any of my stuff without permission; it's mine, leave it alone.

Sephex
12-27-2009, 11:23 PM
PROTIP: Keep your damn cellphone on you at all times. Why is this so hard for so many people?

NorthernChaosGod
12-28-2009, 12:12 AM
Why do you need it on you at home while washing the dishes?

Bunny
12-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I hate when people touch my stuff.

PROTIP: Keep your damn cellphone on you at all times. Why is this so hard for so many people?

Bringing your phone into the bathroom while you shower or poop seems a little odd to me.

PROTIP: Don't be a 'tard.

LunarWeaver
12-28-2009, 12:20 AM

If I want to go from my room to the fridge I am not going to take it. I see no reason to carry my cell phone with me every second of my life, especially in my own place.

NorthernChaosGod
12-28-2009, 03:43 AM
The above two posts are also good reasons to not have your phone on you 100% of the time.

Fonzie
12-28-2009, 03:55 AM
You'll lose a finger if you touch my phone without my consent! Same goes with my computer, really.

Rase
12-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Don't care about others answering my phone, just don't read my messages. If there's someone I know's phone ringing and they aren't there but are close I'll run it over to them without answering.

Sephex
12-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Christ, some of you took me waaaaaaaaaaay to literally. Yes, if you are in your own room/own your place it's cool to just let it lie around. If you want to keep it out of the bathroom that's understandable too.

I meant just keep it to yourself as much as possible. If you around people that tend to not respect your privacy either keep it on you no matter what or deal with the fact that someone might be a dick.

Also, being difficult for the sake of being difficult is kind of lame.

Chloe.
12-28-2009, 08:10 PM
I really hate other people touching my stuff, especially things like my mobile and ipod. So if someone answered my phone, I'd be pretty annoyed.

Zeldy
12-28-2009, 10:50 PM
My friends grab my phone and read my messages pinning me down. It wasn't good because I'd been involved with a friend's brother and she read texts she shouldn't! It has a password now. I've answered my mates phone whilst she was driving but all I say is "She's driving she'll ring you back".

BarelySeeAtAll
12-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Gotta admit, I'm much the same about people touching my stuff; it's mind not yours..if I wanted you to touch I'd offer =_=

Anyway, a few times my mum's answered my phone. One she ended up banging on the bathroom door with some guy I'd fancied for ages on the line. . .and am there grabbing a towel to cover up and grab the phone. Mother's there telling him how I'm dripping wet..in a towel................that was an embarrassing day. I mean, she coulda said now wasn't a good time and I'd call back, but instead she embarassed me further like mothers do by complaining about how long I spend in the shower.

Some other time she had a longer conversation to a guy then I did, which was odd. Annnnnd my mate was messing on my phone and an incoming call came through which she accidentally answered x) the caller honestly believed it was me for a while (I wrote in a quick scribble to talk as long as possible til he realised) ..what a retard that fool was.

Conclusion: while it can be embarrassing, it can also be quite a laugh xD

Shattered Dreamer
12-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't like anyone else answering my phone so I have it on me pretty much all the time to avoid this predicament.