PDA

View Full Version : Potential dangers in Garages?

MJN SEIFER
12-27-2009, 12:31 AM
This is a strange question I realize, but the reason I ask is becuase I am doing a script for something (a fan version of a film series that I am a fan of), I got this scene where someone dies in a Garage (the kind where cars are repaired), but I have no clue what could potentially happen. The death should be an "accident" that is "supernaturally manipulated" (Those who have seen the actual films will know what I mean.)

Hopefully this is the right place, if not move it - hope you don't mind the strange question. Also if you're confused, say and I'll try to illaberate* more tomorow.

*too lazy to spell check today.

Tavrobel
12-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Collapsing shelves, falling storage spaces, cars being left on (carbon monoxide), cars being driven into said garage, snipers, light getting shut off and then tripping onto some equipment, psycho-devil equipment, Anti-Spirals, evil spirits, evil machine spirits, car bombs, letter bombs, Final Fantasy villains, God, extreme temperatures, angry wives, Samuel L. Jackson, and Firefox spell check.

These are all viable ways to kill someone in a garage.

Rye
12-27-2009, 12:52 AM
My family and family friends are mechanics of all kinds, so I hear about all sorts of gory stories of accidents on the job. One which I've always imagined is the car lift breaking with a car over someone - I always get shudders because that could happen to my friend's dad!

If you were to consider another kind of death, a really nasty one that I've learned about is how escalators, based on the way they're built, move somewhat like a guillotine as the steps disappear at the top/bottom of the "stairs." My Dad (he's works in an elevator/escalator mechanic company) told me that once in a blue moon someone will lose part of their body or nearly lose it because as they're fixing the escalator, it'll accidentally turn on and splinch them. Apparently, someone was cut in half once in this way!

McLovin'
12-27-2009, 03:30 AM
It would be cool if the dude dies somehow in a tinted car and he sees all the people around him but they don't see him.

The windshield wiper should crush him.

Moon Rabbits
12-27-2009, 08:59 AM
My family and family friends are mechanics of all kinds, so I hear about all sorts of gory stories of accidents on the job. One which I've always imagined is the car lift breaking with a car over someone - I always get shudders because that could happen to my friend's dad!

This is what I immediately thought of. Probably the most "cinematic" way to kill someone in a garage.

Jiro
12-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Have the hood of the car collapse on them, pressing their face into the hot engine. If they're lucky, the impact will kill them before the barbeque happens. Also don't forget that the hood might sever the body in two.

rubah
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
The wrench is in your hands and the tip resting on one battery terminal.

You reach down to grab the oil cap and brush the other battery terminal

heheheheheheheheheheheh

Jessweeee♪
12-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I always get a little nervous when the garage door opens or closes while I'm in it. It could fall on us D:

I think most repair shops have doors like that.

I Took the Red Pill
12-29-2009, 12:08 AM
you have a stroke in a garage

Shattered Dreamer
01-03-2010, 02:32 AM
Supernaturally manipulated you say? Have the lift that suspenses cars so the mechanic can work under them squash somebody against the ceiling!