PDA

View Full Version : Sleep

Rye
12-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Do you have a hard time sleeping?

Shiny
12-27-2009, 08:05 AM
I was wondering why you were up so late and then I was like wait, me too. I don't have a hard time sleeping but I usually like to be nocturnal i.e. wake up at like 2 or 3pm, eat, and then stay up till like 4am. I'm like a bat, but without the wings.

Rye
12-27-2009, 08:12 AM
I can't sleep sometimes because I get terrified at night time. Right now is one of those times! I probably won't get to bed until 5 pm, because that time feels less scary to me.

I'm super jealous of nocturnal people! I'm in awe of your power.

Yar
12-27-2009, 08:25 AM
I just find it easier to not go to bed. :/ Getting up has always been difficult for me though.

And I've just been thinking so much lately. I HATE WINTER BREAK TOO MUCH TIME TO THINK. :mad2: :(

So yeah, thinking keeps me up. :)

EDIT: Watch Iron Chef with me. Let Alton Brown serenade you.

~*~Celes~*~
12-27-2009, 08:26 AM
it's not often i have a hard time sleeping. Most of the time I'm just not tired until ridiculous times of night. For example, I'm feeling a little tired now, and it's 3:30 am :(

EDIT: And like Justin I just have lots to think about right now. :-/

Rye
12-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I'm watching Rosanne. XD

Moon Rabbits
12-27-2009, 08:49 AM
No matter what time I wake up at, I usually can't fall asleep until at least 3am. And then there are the bouts of insomnia :bigsmile:

Christmas
12-27-2009, 08:50 AM
There are a lot of productive and innovative things that are best done at night, so dun waste the night away~~~~~ :bigsmile:

Rye
12-27-2009, 09:06 AM
I cleaned my room and wracked my brain on Event Committee and even read a little! I dunno what else to do! :(

~*~Celes~*~
12-27-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm carefully cleaning a ring my granny gave me. OCD ftw.

Rye
12-27-2009, 09:17 AM
I think I feel safe now, I might be able to go to sleep!

Yar
12-27-2009, 09:21 AM
I cleaned my room and wracked my brain on Event Committee and even read a little! I dunno what else to do! :(

Keep watching Roseanne, this is a good episode.

Rye
12-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Hahah, I'll watch it as I go to bed.

Thanks for the help, guys. I'll hopefully be able to catch 4 hours of sleep or so now that it's morning.

I Took the Red Pill
12-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Nah I have pretty bad insomnia. I have a prescription for Ambien and it'll knock me out but I feel like :bou::bou::bou::bou: in the morning if I don't have like 8 hours of sleep so I don't usually take it if I have class in the morning. Yeah it's currently 5 am.

Shlup
12-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I go through bouts of sleep difficulty. Mostly when I have to conform to "normal" sleep times. My body seems to naturally prefer to sleep from 5:00am to noon.

I'm a pretty picky sleep though. I do the following things:
* I always have a fan on, usually barely facing my direction. The white noise and soft breeze is very soothing.
* I put something familiar on the TV. Familiar enough that I can close my eyes and watch it in my head so that it doesn't keep my eyes on the screen, and it keeps my mind from wandering.
* I read. It's exhausting!
* I think sexy thoughts. It releases calming hormones and the concentration keeps my mind from wandering too much.

My father-in-law imagines himself melting, from his outer appendages in to his torso. I've tried it a couple of times and it's a good method, but if I don't have any outside distractions I think thinking sexy thoughts is more fun.

scrumpleberry
12-27-2009, 01:35 PM
I feel better when I sleep at about 10, but it's so easy for me to get into the habit of sleeping from 1 to 3amish, and then I cannot get to sleep any earlier. I have to wake myself up at about 7 the next morning and then not let myself sleep for the whole day to make me tired enough to recondition myself into sleeping earlier. It's horrid. And I'm never tired late at night. I'm tired until 11, at about 5-6ish and then inbetween that I really don't want to sleep.

Ryechu, I know exactly what you mean about being AFRAID OF T'NIGHT :( I have phases where I have to stay up until dawn. I hate it. It's not so much that I'm afraid of t'night as that sleeping is a vulnerable position to be in and I'd rather just not bother with it.

Uhh, to try and help myself I'll read or draw or mess around with my iPod until I'm too sleepy to move my hands anymore. Also having a comfy, perfect bed is the best thing evar. If my bed's a mess or there's something wrong with it then I feel bad for just sitting in it without having it be perfect.

Christmas
12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
I think what you people need is the perfect partner to get you into bed. :bigsmile:

Breine
12-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Nope, not really.

Rye
12-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I feel better when I sleep at about 10, but it's so easy for me to get into the habit of sleeping from 1 to 3amish, and then I cannot get to sleep any earlier. I have to wake myself up at about 7 the next morning and then not let myself sleep for the whole day to make me tired enough to recondition myself into sleeping earlier. It's horrid. And I'm never tired late at night. I'm tired until 11, at about 5-6ish and then inbetween that I really don't want to sleep.

Ryechu, I know exactly what you mean about being AFRAID OF T'NIGHT :( I have phases where I have to stay up until dawn. I hate it. It's not so much that I'm afraid of t'night as that sleeping is a vulnerable position to be in and I'd rather just not bother with it.

Uhh, to try and help myself I'll read or draw or mess around with my iPod until I'm too sleepy to move my hands anymore. Also having a comfy, perfect bed is the best thing evar. If my bed's a mess or there's something wrong with it then I feel bad for just sitting in it without having it be perfect.

I'm afraid that someone will come and kill me if I'm asleep! I ward them away by having my TV and all of my lights on.

It sucks! :( I wake up each morning like "Oh lawl, why was I being so scared and silly, it's a lovely day and everything is fine!" but it doesn't help the fact that each night I seriously freak out! It's especially hard since I'm not used to sleep alone after two years at college (one being with two roommates in the room, the other with Hux next to me when I sleep.)

I've been a freak like this even when I was a kid, I run into my parents room and curl on a corner of the bed until I was pretty old and my parents told me unless I stopped, they'd not buy me a hamster. xD

Faris
12-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Always have, always will.

Rantz
12-27-2009, 05:39 PM
I almost never have trouble sleeping!

Old Manus
12-27-2009, 05:52 PM
I have more difficulty waking up in the morning.

kikimm
12-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I used to, but not so much anymore. It was the same :bou::bou::bou::bou: as you, though. Being extremely paranoid and getting scared at every creak or bump or snap that I heard in the middle of the night. It'd be like 3 in the morning and I'd been awake for hours and I hear something and then I have to go out of my room and turn all the lights on and take a tour of the house just to make sure that no one got in. :p So stupid, and so exhausting. For some reason I don't have too much of a problem with that anymore. I don't know why, even, it just kind of disappeared.

Now when I have sleep problems it's just from people texting me at 1 in the morning. :)))))

rubah
12-27-2009, 06:55 PM
I remember when I was internet-young xD Staying up until the wee hours on weekends. There was this strange place around 3AM where my eyes would be burning and my back stiff, and every thump sounded suspicious. It never prevented me from going to sleep; sheer boredom was usually the culprit there (and it's bad when you're so bored you don't want to sleep).

I kinda miss those days, forcing myself to stay awake from sheer desire to find entertainment. It's actually kinda sad-- usually I'll stay up later on school nights than weekends. Friday night comes and it gets to be about 12:30 and it's all

<stu> welp.
<stu> time for bed!
* stu has quit IRC: Leaving:

My problems with insomnia have really toned down after I was able to stop worrying about how little sleep I was getting. Staying up late worrying about things is pretty much the worst thing you can do. I'm glad I can usually just turn off that impulse now

Jess
12-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I have more difficulty waking up in the morning.
Yes.

Falling asleep is rarely a problem for me, but I often have very broken sleep where I wake up several times through the night.

NorthernChaosGod
12-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Not unless I'm sick or in pain.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder/chest area and it's been hard to sleep lately.

Zeldy
12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm asleep as soon as my head touches that pillow, and even then I can never wake up in the morning. I like my sleep!

Raistlin
12-28-2009, 11:59 PM
I've always had a difficult time getting to sleep. Once I'm asleep I'm usually good for the night, but it often takes me quite a while to actually get to sleep.

Bunny
12-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I have trouble getting to sleep because I have to be in a certain position or else I'm intensely uncomfortable and keep shifting around constantly. The position changes nightly so I have to spend 10-15 minutes trying to find it, then another 5-10 minutes getting comfortable in that position and about 5-10 more minutes laying there falling asleep. Music helps cut the last portion of that time down considerably though. When I finally do get to sleep, I wake up every once and awhile. Also I usually can't sleep for more than 7-8 hours a night.

Oh. And I can't take naps.

Peegee
12-31-2009, 07:40 PM
I looooooove sleep. I can sleep anywhere. The bed, the train, the subway, a bus, the car, while driving (you think I'm joking?), at work, at school, while listening to my mom....

Where I sleep is usually limited to whether I've tried to or not.

That said, um..what was the thread about again? Oh yeah -- I'd rather not need to sleep. There's so much unproductively slacking time I am wasting every night. Today my colleague was talking about how he only got 3.5 hrs of sleep cuz he was up late slacking off. I envied him =(

~*~Celes~*~
12-31-2009, 08:34 PM
I have trouble getting to sleep because I have to be in a certain position or else I'm intensely uncomfortable and keep shifting around constantly. The position changes nightly so I have to spend 10-15 minutes trying to find it, then another 5-10 minutes getting comfortable in that position and about 5-10 more minutes laying there falling asleep. Music helps cut the last portion of that time down considerably though. When I finally do get to sleep, I wake up every once and awhile. Also I usually can't sleep for more than 7-8 hours a night.

Oh. And I can't take naps.

Same, except I can take naps.

For some odd reason, no matter how much sleep I had during the night, if I wake up too early, I get tired at exactly noon. I have yet to figure out why this is though.

Anyway, lately, I've had a bit of trouble sleeping but not the worst. Two nights ago sleep didn't come until midnight yesterday, and then I woke up at 3 am. I was then wide awake until noon yesterday, when I took a 4 hour nap. Went to bed at 11:30 pm and was out until about 9 am this morning.

black orb
12-31-2009, 08:57 PM
I can't sleep sometimes because I get terrified at night time.
>>> Thats not normal, unless you live in a very bad neighbourhood..:luca:

>>> I have sleep problems too, I guess I have too much energy and if dont do something to get really exhausted I cant sleep..

Miss_Lulu
12-31-2009, 09:17 PM
My boyfriend says I sleep like a bear.
That so isn't true though. Because I'm a verra light sleeper. Pretty much everything wakes me up.
I have to sleep with a fan on though. For two reasons. One: I can't breathe if I don't have it on. Two: If it's not on then it's like hella quiet and I can hear everything, even myself breathing and I'll start freaking myself out. xD
But I usually sleep about 11-12 hours a day. So I suppose that makes me a bear, but I wake up several million times during those 11-12 hours.

qwertysaur
12-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Getting to sleep at night? Yes.
Waking up in the morning? Yes.

NorthernChaosGod
01-01-2010, 01:50 AM
My boyfriend says I sleep like a bear.
That so isn't true though. Because I'm a verra light sleeper. Pretty much everything wakes me up.
I have to sleep with a fan on though. For two reasons. One: I can't breathe if I don't have it on. Two: If it's not on then it's like hella quiet and I can hear everything, even myself breathing and I'll start freaking myself out. xD
But I usually sleep about 11-12 hours a day. So I suppose that makes me a bear, but I wake up several million times during those 11-12 hours.

You sleep enough it should be considered hibernation.

Laddy
01-04-2010, 10:20 PM
I never sleep. That's 'cause I always got something better to do in bed. /wink

Bowser
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I usually take forever to get comfy. :(

Aerith's Knight
01-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Never, I sleep like a man. Everywhere, anytime and with anyone.