PDA

View Full Version : Postulate: Square v Sammy

Mercen-X
12-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Say... Square Enix takes characters from the many titles its licensed and pits them against characters from Arc System Works (most recently Guilty Gear & Blazblue).

Which characters would you hope to see?
If any characters were included from Final Fantasy, chances are the number would be low since there are so damn many now.

I wanted to put up a poll, but I personally can't account for the myriad assortment of characters provided by these two companies. Until I at least have an idea of which games and characters would be possible, a poll just seems impossible.

What other Studios could you think of to pit against each other?

Vyk
12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Slightly more obscure and unlikely thought: I'd like to see SNES vs Genesis. Pretty sure SNES would win, but I would orgasm with Vectorman, Sonic, Bowie, and Alys fighting side by side. Among a plethora of others

SuperMillionaire
12-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Square Enix vs Capcom!

black orb
12-31-2009, 07:01 AM
>>> Data East vs Irem..:luca:

Mercen-X
12-31-2009, 06:55 PM
>>> Data East vs Irem..

Okay, so the only games I recognize from these two (because I coincidentally own them) are Metal Saga (pretty good if slightly confusing open-ended game) and Steambot Chronicles (pretty good story, slightly flumpy mechanics), both of which have pretty good characters. I'd actually like to see them mash-up.

While playing Dissidia and then switching over to 358, I started to dream on the idea of taking the Dissidia characters (among others) and mashing them-up into a separate RPG with Star Ocean battle mechanics. I know--off topic.

I'd like to see moombas in a fighting game.

black orb
12-31-2009, 07:14 PM
>>> List of games..:luca:
Irem games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Irem_games)
Data East games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Data_East_games)

qwertysaur
12-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Arukane :bigsmile:

Mercen-X
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM
I thought about characters from toy companies. The key company is obviously going to be Hasbro which developed both the GI Joe and Transformers lines. Mattel has Hotwheels (for which it created characters for its own line of television shows), but that mostly focuses on the cars. Lego has Bionicle whose characters are pretty interesting. Bandai makes toys based on Japanese super sentai shows. Then again, apparently Square Enix is making its own toys. I'm far from reaching a decision.

SuperMillionaire
01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
You know, Mercen-X, from the Super Sentai came what we Americans and/or other Westerners know as the Power Rangers.

Mercen-X
01-13-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm no n00b, bub. I know the Et-heavy. But the Powers rangers takes heavily from SS footage. However, I was merely pointing out Bandai didn't create the super sentai genre just as Square didn't originate Final Fantasy from toys. I was merely trying to distinguish qualifiers since I like most of the characters anyway.

I've already seen Transformers and GI Joe merged into a temporarily single universe. Dissidia has combined 12 Final Fantasy universes into one. Now I'm talking about competing.

SuperMillionaire
01-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Oh, now I get it. Yes, Transformers and G.I. Joe are both owned by Hasbro.