PDA

View Full Version : Cloud's hair: Lopsided or streamlimed?

SuperMillionaire
12-29-2009, 04:33 AM
Do you like Cloud's hair "lopsided" as it appeared in Final Fantasy VII itself, or do you like his hair more "streamlined" as it appears in the related compilation?

Personally, I like his hair more streamlined, but his lopsided hair can possibly be the result of damage he takes in battle; his hair will be disheveled after a rough match.

Skyblade
12-29-2009, 04:38 AM
His original hair is much, much better than his Compilation hair. The whole spiky style only worked because of the exaggerated cartoony nature of the characters. Exchange that style for a more realistic one without changing the hairstyle to something equally realistic, and it just looks stupid as heck.

SuperMillionaire
12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
So you like his lopsided hair better. Okay.

Fynn
01-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Voting for lopsided, just because Cloud looks like a freckly girl in the compilation.

SuperMillionaire
01-13-2010, 08:34 PM
What exactly do you mean when you say Cloud looks like a freckly girl? He doesn't have freckles.

Fynn
01-14-2010, 06:29 AM
On some pictures from Advent Children he seems to have freckles.

RedPouch
01-14-2010, 07:22 AM
but his lopsided hair can possibly be the result of damage he takes in battle; his hair will be disheveled after a rough match.
Lol?

To be honest they're both "lopsided", but I think a better word to use for that would be asymmetrical or something.

I'll vote for the "lopsided" look since it's a signature look that I thought looked pretty cool. I'd say it looks more masculine, which is a good contrast to his soft-masculine facial look, unlike Sephiroth.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/197/daeyaorgff7acseb1p05.jpg
I tried looking for some pictures on google to display these freckles you're talking about but I can't find any. I remember someone else a long time ago mentioning this freckle thing though, so maybe I'm just blind. Regardless, his face is a really soft side of masculine, but I'd still hardly say "girl".

Fynn
01-14-2010, 06:28 PM
but his lopsided hair can possibly be the result of damage he takes in battle; his hair will be disheveled after a rough match.
Lol?

To be honest they're both "lopsided", but I think a better word to use for that would be asymmetrical or something.

I'll vote for the "lopsided" look since it's a signature look that I thought looked pretty cool. I'd say it looks more masculine, which is a good contrast to his soft-masculine facial look, unlike Sephiroth.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/197/daeyaorgff7acseb1p05.jpg
I tried looking for some pictures on google to display these freckles you're talking about but I can't find any. I remember someone else a long time ago mentioning this freckle thing though, so maybe I'm just blind. Regardless, his face is a really soft side of masculine, but I'd still hardly say "girl".

I'd say he was "the soft side of masculine" in the game, but the Compilation has turned him into a girl... Though it's not as bad as in the case of Sephiroth, whose case I mentioned in the other thread.

SuperMillionaire
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Lol?

Well, his hair is all over the place in FFVII itself, but became more streamlined (swept-back) in the related compilation.