PDA

View Full Version : Play Station Network

Skyblade
12-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Just wondering if there has been any mention of a PSN download for this game. With both VII and VIII out, I figure it's just a matter of time, but I haven't heard anything about it yet. I'm looking forward to getting yet another FF game on a handheld system, as well as seeing how the graphics turn out on the small screen (FFVIII's graphics were improved by it, I think, since high-def televisions and PC moniters slaughtered the graphics of VIII and IX).

asukaevaunit02
12-29-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm looking forward to getting yet another FF game on a handheld system, as well as seeing how the graphics turn out on the small screen (FFVIII's graphics were improved by it, I think, since high-def televisions and PC moniters slaughtered the graphics of VIII and IX).

I recently played through all of IX on my ps3 on my HD tv, and yeh sure if you compare the graphics to ps3 games yeh it does look a little bad. But, I also brought out the ps1 on a normal tv, looked fine, nothing wrong with the graphics, they look good, considering their time (compared to others *cough*VII*cough*). I have no issue with it, so I would say high-def hasn't slaughtered it, well not for me.

If you're interested in what IX would look on a small screen couldn't you just look at it through a emulator, and just make the window size smaller? It would probably give a similar effect... I think...
As far as I've seen the smaller the image the clearer it looks because the pixels are less stretched, so that could be why it may look better on a psp (wouldn't know because I don't have one) compared to a high-def tv which would have many more pixels in a much larger area, say 50"