PDA

View Full Version : The floor is made of lava

qwertysaur
12-31-2009, 10:52 PM
One of the best games invented :doublecolbert:

What are some of your favorite games that can be started at any given moment that you played as a child and might still play now :bigsmile:

black orb
12-31-2009, 11:04 PM
>>> My childhood games were: play with dirt, play with bugs and play with hazardous stuff all day (I didnt have good parents)..:luca:

vinnie's mini's
12-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Tig - which is called tag by some. During my early school years that was all me and my friends used to play :bigsmile: That and pretending we were characters from Peter Pan xD

rubah
01-01-2010, 12:56 AM
The floor really is lava. And you can't step on cracks. And keep the balloon in the air. Follow the tiles, avoid the bricks, jump around the trees, jump off of fences

It's hard to stay entertained on a 40 minute bus ride as a child.

NorthernChaosGod
01-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Tag and the floor is lava.

tag was my favorite.

~*~Celes~*~
01-01-2010, 06:06 AM
I used to play doctor and house and tag and sailor moon and lion and so many other games that if I made a list, it would take forever to complete xD I had a wild imagination but at least i was never bored!

Del Murder
01-01-2010, 07:23 AM
First you spend a few hours roaming around looking for a really nice stick. Then, you hit your little brother with it.

black orb
01-01-2010, 08:54 AM
sailor moon
>>> I would loved to see that :D..:luca:

Dignified Pauper
01-01-2010, 12:36 PM
You know, where do so many kids come up with the "floor is lava" game? I mean, I was never taught it, I just did it.

That said, moving into my new place, the floor WAS lava because I didn't want to track mud all over. I was moving cardboard all over the place to walk on.

Loony BoB
01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Hide & seek tag was awesome in our neighbourhood. We had about five or so families all with multiple kids and we'd play that a lot. We all had the same driveway (it split out) and had some large properties too. It was basically tag, but in a very large area (ie, all properties, outdoors only). With up to twenty of us playing, the result would be kind of like hide and seek, but nobody would bother hiding for very long because that would be boring. The fun part was turning a corner and seeing someone, sometime not knowing if they were "it" or not. "Are you it? ...dude? ...are you it? Oh God, you're totally it." *runs* And then when you run, you run pretty far through these properties and you pass a lot of people by who also join in on running away from the "it" person. And then you'd turn your head back and see the old "it" person you were running from now running for their life right behind you as some other sucker they nabbed on the way chases them. xD Like I said, it was crazy.

Also: Waterfight tag, floor is lava, cricket/snail hunting, and a variation of bullrush in which tagged players would not be allowed to move from where they were tagged.

Rodarian
01-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Two words.... Simon Says

Kamiko
01-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Mother May I.
Oh, and this game I made up where all of my friends and I were space aliens. It was awesome.

Peegee
01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
You think floor lava is fun? Try 'you are a leg cripple' and try to move around without using your legs.

I play this game in the playground - it's very difficult to get on the monkey bars without your legs =D

Momiji
01-02-2010, 12:27 AM
I used to play doctor

oh, memories

Shiny
01-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Simon Says, Tag, and Marco Polo (at the beach...pool version sucked) were among my favs.

We'd play hot lava during recess in elementary school. Our playground consisted of a section where there were pebbles and then a bunch of tires stacked about. We'd do Ezio style leaps onto these tires to get away from the "lava" i.e. the pebbles. It was amazing. I once actually did a backwards leap accidentally on to another stack of tires. Mind you, these tires were stacked in an awkward way at least 12 feet in the air. I'm really shocked no one ever broke an arm.

Vermachtnis
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Shadow is really fun, even now.

NorthernChaosGod
01-02-2010, 01:44 AM
First you spend a few hours roaming around looking for a really nice stick. Then, you hit your little brother with it.

I heartily approve. I did this too.

Faris
01-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Hide and Seek and Tag were some of my favourites growing up. The only way I play them now is just by sneaking up on people.

The floor is made of lava was great for playing on park structures. I miss that.

Dignified Pauper
01-02-2010, 03:49 PM
When I was little and my brother would visit, we'd wrap each other in lots of blankets and roll one another down the stairs. The one rolling would be screaming they were on fire.

Breine
01-02-2010, 04:09 PM
Hide & Seek was awesome. I was pretty good at hiding as a kid, and just all the excitement involved in the game was great.

Man, I've spent many summer nights with a bunch of friends playing all sorts of stuff. Being a kid rocked.

Fuzakeru
01-02-2010, 09:09 PM
The floor is lava is such a great game! ....I sometimes play that in the mall but discretly. I pretend that every other tile is lava so I kinda skip from one to the other in a not super notable way.

Hide and Seek was fun! I played it even if no one else was! Clothing stores have the BEST places to hide and it's not my fault my parents didn't know it was game time and they were the seekers. GOSH!

Red Light : Green Light! I never won at this game but when I was the stop light I was merciless! "REDLIGHTGREENLIGHT!" "Rrrrrrrrreenlight! HAHA! You fell for it suckers!"

Red Rover was a great game!

I guess building forts isn't a 'game' but I used to love building forts all the time! I still do it when I go to hotel rooms. Nerf guns and two big forts on either side of the room equals a LOT of fun!

Man. Someone wanna play now?

I Took the Red Pill
01-02-2010, 09:37 PM
The Floor is Lava - The floor is lava.

Light and Shadows - I am only allowed to go in the light, my brother is only allowed to go in the shadows

Raindrop Race - Pick a raindrop and root for it as it streaks across the window against all other raindrops!

Blanket Forts - mothersmurfing blanket forts.

Bug in a Rug - Somebody puts a blanket over their head, spins around until they are dizzy, then has to try to tag somebody in the room (this one got dangerous)

Man Running - Imagine a man running alongside your car, and he has to either jump over or duck under all obstacles that pass by

ah, sweet yesterday :-)

Shattered Dreamer
01-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Tip the can it was a cross between hide & seek & tag me & my friends used to play it a lot in school.

Shiny
01-02-2010, 10:16 PM

I forgot about this one. This was amazing and scary as hell! I'd always end up being one of the last kids to not get tagged. It was the scariest things ever seeing like 20 kids coming towards you while holding hands and yelling, "Ahhh!"

Fuzakeru
01-02-2010, 10:47 PM

I forgot about this one. This was amazing and scary as hell! I'd always end up being one of the last kids to not get tagged. It was the scariest things ever seeing like 20 kids coming towards you while holding hands and yelling, "Ahhh!"

This just strikes me as adorable. Like adorable in that, "Oh my that sounds terribly violent and dangerous!" sorta way.

~*~Celes~*~
01-03-2010, 03:02 AM
-skating across the kitchen floor in socks with my big bro

-sitting on the top of the stairs and sliding down every stair on your butt :D