PDA

View Full Version : Well... that was a wee bit anti-climatic...

Wolf Kanno
01-03-2010, 09:15 AM
An amusing conversation I had with a friend tonight where we discussed final dungeons and final levels in games that really came off anti-climatic, boring, or just plain not fun.

I'm little half a sleep right now so I'll post more on the topic but the rest of you can get going on the festivities. ;)

Captain Maxx Power
01-03-2010, 09:59 AM
KOTOR 2 is a master in anti-climaxes. Twenty plus hours of complex character development completely wiped away for a dungeon crawl. Yippee.

NorthernChaosGod
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
KOTOR 2 is a master in anti-climaxes. Twenty plus hours of complex character development completely wiped away for a dungeon crawl. Yippee.

From all I've heard, it was cut severely short; it can't be that bad.

FFX inside Sin. Meh.

Vyk
01-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm told that Gears of War 2 had this, and Fallout 3, and I know Fable 2 had it. Its apparently a trend these days

Slothy
01-03-2010, 04:54 PM
The worst I've seen in years is Splinter Cell. I honestly didn't realize it was the end of the game until the credits rolled it was such an anti-climax.

LunarWeaver
01-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Tomb Raider: Legend had a pretty lame ending. I felt like I'd hit the midway point of the game and instead it was over.

Bunny
01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Borderlands is an amazing game but it kinda just... stops. The final battle was disappointingly easy.

Old Manus
01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Resident Evil 4

Hey Leon looks like we escaped the island

Fancy doing some overtime

Ok

*RIDE INTO SUNSET*

*NEVER FORGET*

Shoeberto
01-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Resident Evil 4

Hey Leon looks like we escaped the island

Fancy doing some overtime

Ok

*RIDE INTO SUNSET*

*NEVER FORGET*
tbh, basically every RE game ends really badly. I can't think of one game in the series that I've played and wasn't really disappointed by the ending. It's always a facility blowing up and then the main characters riding off into the sunset (via helicopters, trains, jet ski, etc etc)

Fallout 3's ending definitely was anti-climactic. With a game as epic as that, though, it's kind of hard to think of a much better way to end it.

Shattered Dreamer
01-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Batman: Arkham Asylum: After how epic the game was the battle with Titan Joker was bull$h*t & I've finished the game on hard & still wasn't satisfied although given the sequal is indeed on its way I'm more forgiving :D

Final Fantasy XII : The final dungeon fortress Bahamut was way way too easy!

GTA IV: Both of the ending felt like such an anti climax too me.

qwertysaur
01-04-2010, 04:36 AM
The sky fortress Bahamut didn't feel like a final dungeon at all. :|

Shattered Dreamer
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
The sky fortress Bahamut didn't feel like a final dungeon at all. :|

If it wasn't for all the side questing FFXII had I probably wouldn't like it as much. The ending of FFXII left so much unfinished that it really should have spawned a proper squeal although I don't know much about the story behind Revenant Wings to rag on exactly how SquareEnix decided to finish the FFXII story.

NeoCracker
01-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Fallout 3's ending was horrid. You didn't really do much at all during the last fight, and the end scenes had little to no effort put into it. It's just some guy talking over a few stills, adn the variations of the ending aren't really that unique.

Dragon Age Origin's fight against the Archfiend was dull. It was just some dragon and a crap ton of Darkspawn. It wasn't even that cool of a dragon, so it was very underwhelming to fight it.

Captain Maxx Power
01-09-2010, 11:38 PM
It's just some guy talking over a few stills,

Woah, woah, woah. I'm as much a fan of hating on Fallout 3's ending as the next man, but you do NOT refer to Ron Perlman as "some guy". You want to know why? Because he's Ron Freakin' Perlman is why!

http://girlonthepark.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/ron_perlman.jpg

I mean look at him. He looks like Sasquatch's uncle for crying out loud!

Depression Moon
01-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Bioshock. If you played the game you know what I mean.

NorthernChaosGod
01-10-2010, 02:49 AM
Bioshock. If you played the game you know what I mean.

I liked it. =\