PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Console

Faris
01-03-2010, 05:14 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has or intends to buy older games on the new systems (I do apologize if there is already a topic for this). For example, on the Wii I just recently bought Mario RPG and the NES version of Castlevania. This is open to all consoles, of course, since Xbox 360 and PS3 does this too.

Personally I only intend to buy games off the Wii since most of my childhood games can be found there. My next purchase will probably be one of the Mega Man's or something like that.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I bought most of the Zelda games off of the Virtual Console as well as FFI. I love the Virtual Console~

As for the PS1 Classics on the PS3, I have yet to buy anything. FFVIII looks tempting since I don't own it, so we'll see!

Levian
01-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Majora's Mask is a must. Only legal non-buggy non-N64 version available.

JKTrix
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I have quite a few VC games for the Wii. Can't really list them all because I forget, but all of Treasure's Genesis games, Sin & Punishment and Super Metroid are the ones that stand out for me. Whenever a Dreamcast game pops up on Xbox Live I grab that too (Rez, Ikaruga, Virtual On, Soulcalibur...).

For the most part, I have no interest in any of the PS1 rereleases that are currently on the US PSN. Maybe if they put up Vagrant Story, which is the only PS1-era Square game I'm really interested in.

I do wish they'd hurry up and make a Gameboy version of the Virtual Console. That would get a lot of my money.

Kirobaito
01-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I've bought Pokemon Puzzle League (AKA Tetris Attack), A Link to the Past, and Paper Mario. My N64 and SNES still run like new, so I'm only buying games that I never owned for them. It's fun.