PDA

View Full Version : Question about making abilities innate

Goldenboko
01-03-2010, 09:09 PM
You must master the role so that way skills like barehanded will instantly apply to a freelancer correct?

Saber
01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Once you master a Job the freelancer gains all of its add ons. The freelancer (bare) will also be able to use two of the traits that you have learned. Example : Black LV1, White Lv1. You don't have to equip stuff like 2 swords on freelancer (bare) once you have mastered ninja or such class.

Mirage
01-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes, after mastering a job, you gain all of the passive abilities on the freelancer job, except a few of them, such as HP +X%

Saber
01-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Really I always thought that the HP +X was carried on also but you could put them on again for even more. I guess the freelancer has decent amounts of MP and HP from scratch

Mirage
01-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Freelancer has got the same HP as your highest HP mastered class. I think Monk is the class with the highst HP.

Evastio
01-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Yeah, that's right. They also have the highest strength (tied with Gladiator in the GBA Version). Thieves have the highest speed, and summoners (or Oracles in the GBA Version) have the highest MP.

Also, although Berserk is sometimes considered to be an innate skill (depending on the source you're referring to), Berserk does NOT innately get built into your Freelancer/Mime when you master the Berserker class, so mastering the Berserker won't bite you in the back. I remember thinking it did for the longest time (even before I was able to get and play FFV).

Though mastering some classes like Monk and Mystic Knight could prove to be bad if you're planning to abuse Mime for certain boss battles (Omega and Shinryu come to mind) because of the Monk's Counter ability and the Mystic Knight's Auto Shell When at Critical HP ability.