PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!

Raistlin
01-04-2010, 11:22 PM
So my phone was off for most of the past week while I was in Bermuda. When my plane touched down in Philly, I turned my phone back on and was barraged by texts and voicemail messages, including one text from my sister that said "we have a new puppy!" Quite a shock.

Now, I was concerned at first, because my mom and sister had talked previously of getting a tiny little rodent dog ("dogs" that don't weigh any more than cats are not real dogs to me).

The second surprise is that it is not a rodent dog, but a 10-week-old german shepherd puppy.

What was your last big surprise? Most memorable one? Discuss surprises.

Rye
01-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Puppy!

I thought my parents 1) hated Huxley and 2) wouldn't let him stay for the holidays, but they surprised me by reconsidering and letting him stay, and they seem to like him a whole lot! I was really happy.

That aside, nothing much!

qwertysaur
01-04-2010, 11:41 PM
German Shepherds are <3

Miriel
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Nothing can beat a surprise pet puppy. NOTHING.

fire_of_avalon
01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Walking into my office and finding EVERYTHING gone. sometimes my office is used as private meeting land so they hide all my stuff. it`s always soooo creepy, though. i open the door and immediately stop.

before that a boyscout broke into my office and left me a toy car. that was hilarious.

qwertysaur
01-05-2010, 01:43 AM
before that a boyscout broke into my office and left me a toy car. that was hilarious.
xDDD

BardTard
01-05-2010, 02:24 AM
About a month ago, I found out that the guy I'm dating used to live with me in the same house. Our moms were roommates when we were like 3. We were talking online for a whole month before we found out.

Raistlin
01-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Nothing can beat a surprise pet puppy. NOTHING.

I agree! Though a kitty would come close.

Anyway, my mom is unsure what to name him. He's all white, and the suggestion I like the most so far is from my sister, which is Juno (although my mom said "like the city in Alaska," but Juneau seems too pretentious for a dog). Any suggestions here would be welcome; I was going to think on it for the night.

~*~Celes~*~
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
I'd name him Blanco :D

@Rye: I had a feeling they would :D

Best surprise I've had...Hmm. I'll have to think about that one xD

Rye
01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
I'd name him Blanco :D

@Rye: I had a feeling they would :D

Best surprise I've had...Hmm. I'll have to think about that one xD

:blush:

Raistlin
01-05-2010, 04:44 PM
No Blanco. My mom suggested Frosty and my grandmother suggested Diablo, so you can see Juno doesn't have much competition.

Rye
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Juno is a good name for a dog! Only thing is that I read somewhere about dog psychology that said that a dog can't have the "no" sound in a name, because it confuses them when you train them. I dunno if that's true or not though.

If I had a white dog, I'd name him Snowflake, but only if he was a really fluffy dog, like this:

http://www.iammikki.com/wp-content/images/Miki-Intro.jpg

Fuzakeru
01-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Haven't had any surprises lately. However, I find it amusing that some days I can leave my phone at home and come home on 0 texts and 0 calls and then sometimes I turn my phone off at the gym and when I turn it back on I have like 15 texts and 3 missed calls.

I guess I'm either super popular or super not depending on the day.

Shlup
01-05-2010, 05:44 PM
My dad told my little brother and sisters that there was something wrong with his camera and to fix it for him. When they opened the camera bag there was a teacup chihuahua inside. xD

The most recent surprise around here was the singer in BJ's band getting caught cheating on the guitarist after six years of them being together. It's like this person who was a big part of a lot of people's lives is just gone... and another person is left hollow. Not such a great surprise, but a pretty damn big one.

Raistlin
01-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Juno is a good name for a dog! Only thing is that I read somewhere about dog psychology that said that a dog can't have the "no" sound in a name, because it confuses them when you train them. I dunno if that's true or not though.

I did not even think of that. Maybe "Juno" isn't so hot.

If I had a white dog, I'd name him Snowflake, but only if he was a really fluffy dog, like this:

http://www.iammikki.com/wp-content/images/Miki-Intro.jpg

That is a rodent, not a dog.

Sephex
01-05-2010, 06:57 PM
On New Years Eve, my car hood flew up and crashed against my windshield. SURPRISE!!!

Madonna
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
I woke up just after midnight on New Year's Eve to an explosion of pain when a certain someone punched me for not giving a New Year's kiss! Surprise!

Raistlin
01-06-2010, 12:27 AM
It looks like my mom and sister have settled on Casper as the dog's name. I like it more than most of the other suggestions they had.

I also took some pics with my cellphone which I'll post when I can be bothered to upload them.

Cuchulainn
01-06-2010, 02:07 AM
in 2005 I woke up in a hotel married, true story.

The Space Pope
01-06-2010, 02:09 AM
My last surprise had an Adam's Apple.

Del Murder
01-06-2010, 05:50 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/buttsex.html">He came out of no where to request to be unbanned the other day. It was quite a surprise.</a>

Miriel
01-06-2010, 05:53 AM
This guy called me out of the blue today and asked me out on a date. Was not expecting that AT ALL!

We're going out on Saturday! :excited:

CloudDragon
01-06-2010, 06:33 AM
Bengals playoff tickets for Christmas. I haven't been to a game all year and yet I get to attend the home playoff game. Pretty freakin' AWESOME

Raistlin
01-06-2010, 07:05 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/buttsex.html">He came out of no where to request to be unbanned the other day. It was quite a surprise.</a>

Why is he not unbanned, then? That should not require much deliberation!

Raistlin
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Pictures! Excuse the crappy cellphone quality.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/raistyk/casper3.jpg

And one of him outside so you can see how small he is.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/raistyk/casper4.jpg

Vyk
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
On New Years Eve, my car hood flew up and crashed against my windshield. SURPRISE!!!

The donut that I've had on my car gave out on the way home from work new year's day :] After it sitting for almost a week while I shopped around for a new rim and tire, I went to change it today and two of the lug nuts broke off. So now I have a whole new problem to solve. Surprise! (Damn car troubles)