PDA

View Full Version : Firefox crashes no matter what

Yeargdribble
01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
I like Firefox, but about a month ago it started crashing randomly. I do mean randomly. I'm very methodical and analytical about trying to find the source and there appeared to be none.

I recently formated my HD and reinstalled my OS from scratch (Vista Ultimate 32). My to my surprise, Firefox actually crashes more now. It literally cannot function. If I click the address bar or search bar, it crashes. Now it won't start at all without a crash. In Safe Mode it will start, but same story, can't click address or search bars.

Mind you this is a fresh install of Firefox with absolutely no plug-ins other than the defaults that come with Firefox (and in safe mode even those are turned off). This is also on a fresh install of my OS with virtually no other programs running.

I'm trying out Chrome in the interim, but I like the add-on support of Firefox and want it back. Any thoughts? BTW.... IE and Chrome seem completely stable.

Baloki
01-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Try disabling the plugin marked "Windows Presentation Foundation"

Shattered Dreamer
01-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Stick with Chrome :bigsmile: The more add-ons you add to Firefox the more unstable it is & crashes often. I downloaded separate programs to do the things all my Firefox add-ons used too & I never looked back!

Yeargdribble
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
As much as I've learned to love Chrome, it lacks one thing that is ridiculous important to me... Tree Style tabs. I just multitask way too much and even on two monitors I need my bars to run vertically instead of horizontally. I also dislike the way Chrome groups children links from the parent.

Other than that I vastly prefer it to Firefox. It's so much more spartan and clean as well as low profile.

hammythomas
03-05-2010, 12:53 PM
In Windows, click Start, open the All Programs list, and navigate to the Mozilla Firefox folder. In the Mozilla Firefox folder, select Mozilla Firefox in Safe Mode.Hold down the Option key, as you start Firefox.Go to your Terminal and run firefox in safe-mode.