PDA

View Full Version : Middle-Aged Man Turns a 12-year Old Girl Into an Assassin.

Depression Moon
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLsdBEsr90

The media will go crazy over this.

Cuchulainn
01-05-2010, 08:38 PM
um...Leon anyone?

Mirage
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
You stole the words right out of my mouth, Cuchu.

That's a damned good movie, by the way.

-edit-
Oh my fucking god, I will definitely watch this movie.

Moon Rabbits
01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Yuh, the professional was the first thing that came to mind.

This movie looks like it takes itself way less seriously though.

Mirage
01-05-2010, 09:16 PM
It's also got what we didn't get in Leon. Small girls actually killing lots of guys.

Raistlin
01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I was amused by the trailer. I'm not sure how sitting through the entire movie would be, but I'd be willing to see it.

Rantz
01-05-2010, 11:24 PM
Hahaha, this is amusing.

I Took the Red Pill
01-05-2010, 11:40 PM
hmm

Momiji
01-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh my smurfing god, I will definitely watch this movie.

NorthernChaosGod
01-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Kick-Ass looks... kick ass. :cool:

Vermachtnis
01-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Oh my smurfing god, I will definitely watch this movie.

Shiny
01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Yuh, the professional was the first thing that came to mind.

Same here!

G13
01-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Good god! What an interesting concept. Turn your child into an assassin.

Hmm... :plotting:

Depression Moon
01-06-2010, 01:56 AM
I heard about these comics on G4 when AOTS had their fresh ink special. Since there's a movie coming out for it, I guess i'll have to read the comic to make sure it's a faithful adaptation like I did with Watchmen.

CimminyCricket
01-06-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't want to read the comic, but I can't wait to see this movie.

guffman
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
dude... so sick. looks like a funny version of Gunslinger Girl!

Old Manus
01-07-2010, 12:54 AM
I wat'd.

Depression Moon
01-07-2010, 01:28 AM
YouTube - Kick Ass Debut Movie Teaser Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjycnhKxY4&NR=1)

YouTube - Kick-Ass - Big Daddy Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQNnY6-dFu8)

The two other trailers just in case anybody missed them.

Raistlin
01-07-2010, 01:37 AM
So Hit Girl is only a part of the movie? I'm disappointed.

NorthernChaosGod
01-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Haha, the Big Daddy clip is great. Lol.

Bunny
01-07-2010, 02:31 AM
I am seeing this movie the day it is released.

G13
01-07-2010, 02:36 AM
It looks even better than when I thought it was just about Hit-Girl. Kick-Ass = best superhero name ever!

XxSephirothxX
01-07-2010, 02:53 AM
The comic is fantastic -- it's an ultraviolent comic that plays off the tropes of the industry. Tons of other comic book references, super stylish. It's essentially a comic book about comic book nerds kicking ass.

Vyk
01-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Totally not what they're showing on XBox Live for this movie xD But I wanna see it either way. Who cares if the conservative media bashers hate the idea. They should see Hard Candy

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I'll watch any film the conservative media hate. That's generally a sign that it's awesome.

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Small girl killing lots of people.. I can't help but think there was a story like this once.. I think the girl was called Alice, and she had this big ass chainsaw sword.

...It was awesome.

Depression Moon
04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Going to kick some ass tonight, probably at around 7.

Bunny
04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I did not see this movie the day it was released because my girlfriend took me to a surprise opera that was kinda boring.

I think it was her way of telling me that she hates me. :(

Breine
04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I've waited for Kick-Ass to hit cinemas for quite some time now. Months perhaps. The movie really looks like it's gonna be awesome, and the director Matthew Vaughn is cool too (he also made Stardust, for those of you who've seen it). In other words - I can't wait to see it.

So Hit Girl is only a part of the movie? I'm disappointed.

Yeah, Hit Girl looks like she's going to be the most interesting character in the movie. But whatever - I'm sure the movie's still gonna rock, even though she's not the main character.

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2010, 08:16 PM
IT DOES ROCK. SO HARD. :love:

Mirage
04-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Watched this last weekend. It was made of win and awesome.

I Don't Need A Name
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
It's pretty damn brilliant.

Depression Moon
04-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Saw it today. I very much enjoyed it. It was a little less extreme in the film versus the comic and I guess if they actually went those said scenes in the comic it might've been too explicit for audiences.

As far as presentation goes I give it an 8/10.

Bunny
04-19-2010, 07:52 AM
It was completely awesome.

BG-57
04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I felt an odd disconnect watching this movie.

The title character seems to belong more to the tradition of Spiderman or Superman where they make it a point to use non-lethel force. Kind of like a Mystery Men low-rent version. The fights with him are framed fairly realistically with real life consequances.

On the other hand Big Daddy and Hit Girl seem to belong more to the revenge fueled Punisher-style vigilantes, who only seem mildly psychopathic compared to the villain who's really psychopathic. Their fight scenes seem more akin to gun-fu where they perform stunts that are physically impossible.

I enjoyed both elements on their own, but when the three of them crossed path, it was jarring to watch. Since Big Daddy and Hit Girl are far more compelling characters I wonder if it would have better to just have them the main characters and be done with it.

Maybe the contrast in style was the point. But for me it was the difference between liking it and loving it.

Depression Moon
04-23-2010, 06:52 PM
I felt an odd disconnect watching this movie.

The title character seems to belong more to the tradition of Spiderman or Superman where they make it a point to use non-lethal force. Kind of like a Mystery Men low-rent version. The fights with him are framed fairly realistically with real life consequances.

You do rememberat the end of the movie, he killed about five guys. I guess at first he wanted to be more like Batman and them, but at the end of the movie and book he ignored that fact and basically said, fuck it!

On the other hand Big Daddy and Hit Girl seem to belong more to the revenge fueled Punisher-style vigilantes, who only seem mildly psychopathic compared to the villain who's really psychopathic. Their fight scenes seem more akin to gun-fu where they perform stunts that are physically impossible.

I enjoyed both elements on their own, but when the three of them crossed path, it was jarring to watch. Since Big Daddy and Hit Girl are far more compelling characters I wonder if it would have better to just have them the main characters and be done with it.

Nah, then it wouldn't have done the comic justice.

BG-57
04-23-2010, 09:54 PM
You do rememberat the end of the movie, he killed about five guys. I guess at first he wanted to be more like Batman and them, but at the end of the movie and book he ignored that fact and basically said, smurf it!

He does it basically as a favor to them along with using their equipment which he would never be able to do on his own. It's not I felt sorry for the bad guys either, although I liked the bazooka guy. But this is hardly something the 'hero' would do on his own initiative.

Nah, then it wouldn't have done the comic justice.

Spoony's review of the movie killed any interest I had in the comic when he revealed the plot twist involving Big Daddy's real motivation to become a vigilante. Glad to say that element didn't survive the transition to film.