PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Wall-ish break before Schizo battle?

MJN SEIFER
01-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Is it me or do the characters semi-break the fourth wall before the battle with Schizo? I'm not sure that "break the fourth wall" is the right term because they don't become aware of the player (like in FFV), but they seam to be aware of the fact that they are in a game.

The boss music plays, and eveyone looks upwards - can they hear the music? They then proceed to look around for any enemies - it always seamed to me that they heard the music, and knew what it meant, and now they looking around to see who they are going to fight. Anyone else see this?

Vermachtnis
01-08-2010, 12:51 AM
I thought it was cause the ground was shaking. And they did just see some random guy get halfway through the hall.

VeloZer0
01-08-2010, 01:20 AM
It seemed to be a little forth wall bumping, not breaking to me, but it was a scene I enjoyed.

Rad Bromance
01-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I just assumed it was because of the whole cave shaking and the guy just dropping dead in front of them so they were looking around expecting whatever got him to come for them as well.

DarkMateria
01-16-2010, 09:17 PM
The biggest incident of the 4th wall is when Barret almost sent Biggs crashing through it at the beginning of the game.

Rad Bromance
01-17-2010, 12:35 AM
The biggest incident of the 4th wall is when Barret almost sent Biggs crashing through it at the beginning of the game.
This is true, the game DOES break the forth wall at that part! I had forgotten all about it.

seiferalmasy2
01-17-2010, 04:07 PM
This part is merely the animation coming too soon for the scene imho

Roogle
01-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I agree. I don't think this was necessarily intended to be humorous or a breaking of the fourth wall as seiferalmasy2 pointed out.