PDA

View Full Version : Persona (PSP)

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2010, 04:31 AM
Yeeeaaah finally got it.

A lot of you people lurking around the General Gaming forum are into this series, so I thought I'd ask you all for tips before I get started!

Unfortunately I left my PSP in my dorm room, which I can't access until the 15th.

About spoilers: Please try to avoid them, even with tags. If you have advice that is also a spoiler, please try to tell me the point of the game when it'll be safe to click the spoiler tag xD

Wolf Kanno
01-08-2010, 06:05 AM
Love your new avatar :love:

Basic tips is simply this: Make sure to balance talking to monsters and defeating them to get XP. On the terms of talking to monsters, the two major emotions you want to evoke in a demon is Happy or Interest. Interest is the most important cause if you max it out in conversations the demon will give you its spell card which is used for creating new Personas. Happy will usually net you items, XP, or money. Also, don't be stingy with items and money when demons asked for it. This isn't SMTIII where demons have a high chance of swindling money from you then run away.

Go hog wild on using Persona abilites because your MP regenerates as you walk in dungeons a la FFXII. This especially useful as the only means to level your Personas is by using them in combat, they can actually level up in the middle of combat and get you access to new abilities while in battle.

Four of your five party team is predetermined by the story but there are four possible characters to have as the fifth member. Sadly, Yuko is not one of them (check this only after you've returned to the school after visiting the Hospital in the beginning of the game.

If you want to know how to get three of them, I will be happy to tell you, just be sure to ask me before your party gets to the police station in the main story. ;)

The fourth guy is a pain in the ass to acquire and requires you to go to several locations and talk to several specific people at certain times in the game and then you have to go through almost half the game without a fifth member before you reach the point when he will join you...

Another thing to be on guard for is that there are multiple endings to this game and a lot of it is determined by what appears to be innocent conversation choices throughout the game. Unlike P4 these are not one simple crossroads that determine it but several. By answering one thing early in the game wrong, you can doom yourself from getting the "best" ending. There are a total of four ending to my knowledge including the one acquired by doing the Snow Queen quest.

My only tip for you in regards to getting the best ending is to be really nice in the beginning and to always agree with and do what Maki asks you to do. There is one conversation piece that is very tricky to answer cause not all the choices you need to make seem obvious but answering any of them wrong puts you on the road to the games bad ending but its a ways into the plot so as long as you keep me updated I can forewarn you when you should consult a guide for this particular scene. ;)

Jessweeee♪
01-08-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks! That all looks like it'll be very helpful.

Love your new avatar :love:

I totally stole it from someone on LJ. It was just too cute, I had to :jess:

qwertysaur
01-09-2010, 06:46 PM
it is really fun. you will be pleased with your choice and possibly play too much and fail all your classes.

Aydin
01-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Isnt the normal battle music awesome!?!?!

Jessweeee♪
01-09-2010, 07:57 PM
I WOULDN'T KNOW MY PSP IS A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM ME AT THE MOMENT ;_;