PDA

View Full Version : Best Final Dungeon

Vermachtnis
01-10-2010, 03:49 AM
So kind of the opposite of Wolfo's topic. What do y'all think is the best final dungeon of all time. Spoilers and all that ahead.

Digital Devil Saga 2, for me has the best final dungeon of all time. It's inside the sun and it's huge. I know Megaten has like a fetish for huge final dungeons, but this one takes the cake. It's more like six mini-dungeons in one. And it all leads to a fight with Brahman.

Flying Arrow
01-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Dammit. I'm just about to start this game for the first time after finishing DDS1 two weeks ago.

Ah well, I'm not that big on spoilers anyway.

As far as RPGs go, I'm partial to the final sequences of FFs VI-IX. I'm partial to VIII's as it ends the game out on a complete high point after a disappointing lead-up. The way you have to earn back each ability is a great hurdle to the last boss and the castlevania you have to navigate is atmospheric and interesting. I've played a ton of other RPGs but none with final sections as memorable as the FFs'.

Eiko Guy
01-10-2010, 09:43 PM
That's a tough question. I'm gonna have to say Star Ocean Til the End of Time.

The dungeon was massive and the puzzles actually started out hard and only increased the deeper you go. It was easily the most satisfying to conquer.

Vermachtnis
01-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Umm...I didn't spoil anything other than the location of the final dungeon and the name of the final boss.

Laddy
01-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Memoria was cool. xD

Moon Rabbits
01-10-2010, 10:07 PM
The Pharos. Which was the final dungeon of FFXII imo~

Raistlin
01-10-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not easily impressed by dungeons themselves, so nothing really jumps to mind as exceptionally notable. Lunar SSSC had a pretty long dungeon. Suikoden V's was pretty interesting (having to make 3 separate parties and traverse different parts of the dungeon to solve its puzzle). Most final dungeons seem very forgettable to me, though my knowledge is mostly of RPG dungeons.

Captain Maxx Power
01-10-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm not easily impressed by dungeons themselves, so nothing really jumps to mind as exceptionally notable. Lunar SSSC had a pretty long dungeon. Suikoden V's was pretty interesting (having to make 3 separate parties and traverse different parts of the dungeon to solve its puzzle). Most final dungeons seem very forgettable to me, though my knowledge is mostly of RPG dungeons.

I suppose one could transpose the idea of a final "dungeon" with a final "area" for the same effect.

Zeromus_X
01-14-2010, 01:26 AM
That's a tough question. I'm gonna have to say Star Ocean Til the End of Time.

The dungeon was massive and the puzzles actually started out hard and only increased the deeper you go. It was easily the most satisfying to conquer.

The Last Hope had a pretty good one as well- similar atmosphere and music, and was fairly long.

Bolivar
01-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Damn I don't even know, drawing blanks and I'm tempted to go FF or DQ generically. I'll say FFVI for now.

If I wanted to think outside the box, i might say Arsenal Gear.

Evastio
01-14-2010, 04:41 AM
It'd probably be FFIII's, FFIV's (the Crystal Floor part), or SMRPG's for the music and the kind of area you're in. Those final dungeons just give you this huge, epic feeling.

black orb
01-14-2010, 04:54 AM
>>> FF1 Temple of Fiends..:luca:
I have played lots of rpgs but the FF1 final dungeon is only one that still giving me the creeps..

Lunatic_High
01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Memoria was cool. xD
yeah I agree with you Laddy :-) Memoria (FF9) was cool!