ELEG 3933: Engineering Electronics II
MEEG 3212: Mechanical Engineering Lab II

please note the first break I've caught in three years

Momiji
01-10-2010, 07:19 PM
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll65/momijitsukuyomi/newschedule.png

COM 114 = Fundamentals of Speech
PHIL 150 = Principles of Logic
MA 154 = Algebra and Trig II (gonna have to get used to math eventually x_x)
CS 160 = Intro to Computer Science I (Java) (plus lab on Thursday)

This semester is going to be so much lighter than the last one ♪

though I really need to stop changing majors, or I'm not going to get anywhere >_>

Raistlin
01-10-2010, 07:43 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l209/raistyk/schedule.jpg

108: Property
109: Constitutional Law
110: Contracts
112: Legal Skills II

I have to get up a little earlier this semester, but I don't have classes until 5 most of the week, either.

I Took the Red Pill
01-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Linear Algebra with Differential Equations
Fractal Geometry and Chaos Theory
Wave and Modern Physics
Introduction to Grammatical Systems

cba to look up times but I know my Mondays and Wednesdays are fucked.

Shiny
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
My schedule isn't set in stone yet since I'm changing like 3 of my courses. Here's what I know I'm going to be taking:

Production II
Pro Tools II: Sound Design
Intro to Avid

And probably like a mixture of After Effects, Ethics, Recording Foley, Science and Religion or Creative/Line Producing.

If I get my History and Science credits out the way, I'll only have to take a philosophy class next year along with my required studio credits, so I'll room to put like four fun classes for senior year. <3

Jessweeee♪
01-10-2010, 08:42 PM
MWF
Psychology
Calculus
C++ - part two of a beginner's course

TH
Calculus Lab
Discrete Math
Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking (not true, I hear)
College Writing II HAHAHA WHOOPS FAILED COLLEGE WRITING I

rubah
01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
what are you studying to be, jessweeebit? btw discrete is awesome

Moon Rabbits
01-10-2010, 11:00 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5483/schedu.png

PSY100H1 - Intro Psychology
SOC101Y1 - Intro Sociology
UNI256H1 - Sociology of Sexualities: Social, Organizational, and Legal Contexts
WGS160Y1 - Intro to Women and Gender Studies
MAT135Y1 - Calculus I

I miss having Mondays off. :(

edit: @Jesswee - Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking? That has to be the most interesting course title I've ever seen (maybe after "Masculinity in the Age of Terror").

Raistlin
01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
edit: @Jesswee - Jogging with an Emphasis on Walking? That has to be the most interesting course title I've ever seen (maybe after "Masculinity in the Age of Terror").

Senior year of college I got an email from the poli sci department about a new course titled "How to Take Over the World." If it hadn't conflicted with anything, I would have seriously considered taking it.

Shlup
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
Bah, I never got any interesting classes. Maybe Sex and Sexuality, but that was mostly slide shows of insane STDs.

Brennan
01-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Speech
Algebra I
English I
Physical Education

Rye
01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Pretty good schedule between 4 class limit in England and all. Not my awesome 2 day a week thing, 4-day weekends, but meh.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/classesenglandspring1.jpg

I kind of wish the university would let me take more classes applicable to my actual major instead of putting a bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: limit on English classes (2 in total, wtf? Could have told me that BEFORE I signed up and applied for all English classes! And a small loop-hole due to Italian Lit being technically a European class, but very likely counted as English) and not bothering to tell me until after I had already completed the enrolling process. I'm not going to need a third Philosophy class, and I'm not sure if that history class will actually count for my credits. Ugh. So much summer school, if I even DO graduate on time now, which I'm not even sure of anymore. Which is always fun, when you've gone through the effort of High School credits and taking university tests for extra credits so you can be AHEAD of schedule. *dies*

Might change - trying to switch my philosophy class to European Cinema (same as Italian Lit - counts as European credit, technically can be counted under an English major's cinema credit, most likely)

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 12:09 AM
Block 3:
Advanced Thermodynamics
Advanced Electromagnetics
Organic Chemistry A
Bio-statistics 2

Block 4:
Organic Chemistry B
Advanced Heat Transfer
Image Forming Techniques for medical applications
Flow and Diffusion
Image Analysis
Advanced Optics

Some subjects to keep me busy until I head to the states.

Bunny
01-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Monday/Wednesday:
Early Civilizations: 1:35 - 2:50
General Psychology: 3:00 - 4:15

Tuesday/Thursday:
Intro to PC Applications: 1:35 - 2:50
English Composition II: 3:00 - 4:15

My classes this semester are all pretty much super boring and tedious but they'll basically finish up the rest of my boring requirements so that I can open up this summer/fall semester with awesome classes that I actually want to take. The PC Applications is going to be the worst because apparently it teaches me how to turn on my computer and use word. Derp derp. At least I don't have to get up before noon again.

Jessweeee♪
01-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Computer Science major/Mathematics minor
Dunno what I wanna do with it. I was just kinda like. Oh hey this looks cool.

I have to take two physical education courses, so I just looked through the catalog and took the easiest looking one! From what I've heard, the title could possibly be a trap to lure the lazier students and make them work twice as hard :(

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Haha ah man, you guys are gonna hate me.

For the record, I do have two more hours in this week that haven't come up yet. :D

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
I hate you... HARLE! >:[

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I have 74 hours of work to do in the next 7 days. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 02:14 PM
...You are forgiven.

Rye
01-11-2010, 02:18 PM
This university is un-smurfing-believable sometimes. I've never been to such an unorganized university.

I ask them for classes I could take in the place of English that still technically count as literature because of their stupid limit. They tell me to take Italian Literature, and assured me it would be taught in English.

I was emailing the professor early now that I found out who is teaching the course. She emails me back saying that she expects her students to be able to read in fluent Italian..................

Maybe if I bang my head enough on my desk, I'll be teleported back in the US and not in Reading, where study abroad offices seem to consist of people who are completely incapable of doing their only job, which consists of making sure foreign students that come to this university aren't dicked over. Ughhhh

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
This university is un-smurfing-believable sometimes. I've never been to such an unorganized university.

I ask them for classes I could take in the place of English that still technically count as literature because of their stupid limit. They tell me to take Italian Literature, and assured me it would be taught in English.

I was emailing the professor early now that I found out who is teaching the course. She emails me back saying that she expects her students to be able to read in fluent Italian..................

Maybe if I bang my head enough on my desk, I'll be teleported back in the US and not in Reading, where study abroad offices seem to consist of people who are completely incapable of doing their only job, which consists of making sure foreign students that come to this university aren't dicked over. Ughhhh

How can you expect a course in Italian literature to cover something other than Italian books. >_>

Could you expect someone to follow an English literature course without being able to read in English?

Jiro
01-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Tuesday:
3pm-4pm CMN116 Lecture
6pm-8pm INT140 Lecture
8pm-9pm INT140 Tutorial

Wednesday:
8am-10am CMN116 Tutorial
2pm-4pm BUS102 Lecture
4pm-5pm COR109 Lecture
5pm-6pm BUS102 Tutorial
7pm-9pm COR109 Tutorial

COR109 - Communication and Thought
BUS102 - Economics for Business
INT140 - An Introduction to Australian Politics: The Makings of a Republic?
CMN116 - Introduction to Creative Writing

This is assuming I get my offer and assuming I'm quick enough to select these classes.

Rye
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM

How can you expect a course in Italian literature to cover something other than Italian books. >_>

Could you expect someone to follow an English literature course without being able to read in English?

Italian literature translated? I've taken courses where I've had to read books in English that were originally in another language such as French, or Russian.

Half of my last course was books translated from Greek into English. xD

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Italian literature translated? I've taken courses where I've had to read books in English that were originally in another language such as French, or Russian.

Half of my last course was books translated from Greek into English. xD

I can understand Greek, due to the complexity of the language, not to mention the educational value. But the fact remains that there are a lot of losses in translation. A translated version of Shakespeare would just not be the same, all nuances lost, not to mention that there are just some words and meanings that can't be translated. There is a reason I only read English books, I just can't stand to see all the (mis)translated sentences. You may not realize these things, because well.. You're used to reading books in the language they were written in.

Reading a translated book for entertainment purposes I can understand, but it seems unlikely to be taught at an university. The teacher wouldn't be able to say: "What did the writer mean with this?", but "What did the translator thought this meant?" :p

Chloe.
01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
This is my Sixth Form timetable, pretty small compared to what some people have posted. :p

Monday
9:00 - 10:45 ~ Health and Social Care
Free periods the rest of the day

Tuesday
11:00 - 12:45 ~ Art
Free periods after lunch

Wednesday
Free rest of day :}

Thursday
Free periods in the morning
11:00 - 12:45 ~ Art
Free periods after lunch

Friday
Free lessons all day before lunch
1:55 - 3:35 ~ Health and Social Care

themagicroundabout
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
mondays, 2x 1 hour lectures 2-3, 3-4
tuesdays, writing texts, 4-5
wednesdays, reading texts, 9-11
thursdays, literature in history, 4-6

got some pretty interesting novels to study this term, too. lolita! i guess that's really the only one i am majorly looking forward to reading, but i'm still looking forward to starting the term,etc. :shobon:

krissy
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM

you are a masochist aren't you

rubah
01-11-2010, 10:18 PM
what

you get to learn probability and proofs and make pretty charts and diagrams! best class ever

Raistlin
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
In other words: yes, she is.

rubah
01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
you guys didn't take machine dynamics and controls :(

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 11:15 PM

Only Mechanical Engineers take that.

I'm getting the same but for medical applications though.

Btw, you're going to love Heat transfer. Non-dimensional differential energy equations, thermal boundary layers, and much more. I always loved that course. ^__^

rubah
01-12-2010, 03:16 AM
I"m pretty sure some unwitting Industrial fool has taken it as an elective!

Jiro
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Minor adjustment, but I got pretty much what I was after.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd61/Seiken_Bushido/classes.png

Moon Rabbits
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Oh Jiro, insanely jealous am I.

Quindiana Jones
01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Just finished my first set of revision notes after 6 hours. My face hurts. :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-13-2010, 11:44 PM
I miss being in university. :(

Momiji
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM

I'm torn on jealousy here. 5 days off = awesome; 8:00-21:00 = what the hell.

Moon Rabbits
01-14-2010, 02:56 AM

I'm torn on jealousy here. 5 days off = awesome; 8:00-21:00 = what the hell.

TRUE. But I live like, 2 hour transit ride from my campus so I'd rather only make that trip twice a week :greenie:

rubah
01-14-2010, 03:26 AM
Jiro's has two flaws for me:

transit here goes to a half hour schedule after 6pm
four hour blocks T_T I have a three and a half hour block right now and it's mind-numbing!

Shoeberto
01-14-2010, 03:32 AM
6 classes, plus I have to work part time. Gonna be fun.

CSCE 3613 - Operating Systems
CSCE 3513 - Software Engineering
CSCE 4813 - Computer Graphics
ENGL 2003 - Advanced Composition
MATH 3103 - Combinatorics
PLSC 2003 - American National Government

Tavrobel
01-14-2010, 03:47 AM

Only Mechanical Engineers take that.

Aero E can, too, but that's mostly because they really, really, really want to be Mech Es. Fire Es like myself would have to wind up taking it if we wanted to be anything resembling useful in a design context; otherwise, we would just play with codes all day. iirc rubah, aren't you a Mech E only because your university doesn't offer Aero for undergrad?

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/9951/spring10.png

HIST285: East Asian Civ II
MATH241: Calculus 3 (Multi-Variable)
PHYS270/271: Physics 3 (Relativity), Lecture + Lab
ENFP255: Alarms and Hazards (FPE)
ENFP350: Professional Development (FPE)
ENME232: Thermodynamics (the not-so Chemistry version)

7 classes, 18 credits, and a job. And people wonder why I'm mean to people. Believe it or not, this is the easy semester.

black orb
01-14-2010, 06:09 AM
>>> Wow, and I thought my life was a nightmare..:luca:

Jiro
01-14-2010, 12:29 PM
Jiro's has two flaws for me:

transit here goes to a half hour schedule after 6pm
four hour blocks T_T I have a three and a half hour block right now and it's mind-numbing!

They're only three hour blocks. And one block is all lectures, so I can skip out early/show up late if I'm really struggling.

I'm gonna drive to uni too, so I don't have to worry about the horrible bus service. Only a 40 minute trip.

Oh and yeah sympathy to Stu and Tav who both have horrible schedules. :(

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2010, 02:13 PM
7 classes, 18 credits, and a job. And people wonder why I'm mean to people. Believe it or not, this is the easy semester.

I dunno, but in the last two years, every schedule was at least as busy, usually more.

I guess I have a different viewpoint. :p

rubah
01-14-2010, 07:57 PM
that's essentially correct, tavlet

Melissaur
01-14-2010, 08:25 PM
I wish I had a schedule like Stu's or Tav's! I hate being bored all the time ;_; one of you switch lives with me.

Tavrobel
01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
I dunno, but in the last two years, every schedule was at least as busy, usually more.

I guess I have a different viewpoint. :p

This is only the second semester as an engineer for me. I'm aware of the future that is in store for me: I've been told that in my first day of Junior year, I'll walk into class and instantly be three weeks behind on my homework. I would've done better this semester, but I still hadn't had it pounded into my brain that Sophomore year is when the :bou::bou::bou::bou: really kicks into high gear, and it should already have clicked when there were two Junior Year classes, Dynamics and Diff EQ. Man, did Freshman year hurt me. I should have taken that extra CORE last Spring when I had the chance, to put my semester back up to 16 credits, and not 13 like I wound up taking. Maybe I would have been more prepared.

that's essentially correct, tavlet

Who said I was going to stop being mean?

For those of you who think that your lives are bad, unlike most, I get to complete 150 credits, as opposed to 120 (like a normal engineer). I still have to get through Fluids, Transfer Processes, Electronics, Vibrations, Machine Design, the Mechanical version of Materials Design, Blowin'StuffUp320, the Fire version of Materials Design, Water-based Protection Systems, Smoke Systems, another Alarms class, and the ME career paths lecture, along with their pre-requisites and any related classes required by both the FPE department and the ME department.

I wish I had a schedule like Stu's or Tav's!

No, you don't.

Shoeberto
01-14-2010, 10:57 PM
So far, my schedule doesn't feel that horrible. Like, government and comp are gonna be jerkoff classes, so that leaves just the 4 real ones, and I'm fairly certain that at least combinatorics and software engineering shouldn't give me too hard of a time just based on how the teachers have laid them out so far. So, basically I'm potentially worrying about operating systems and graphics, but eh. I'll deal.

And work isn't really bad for me, it's just more of a nuisance to try and fit it in with the rest of my schedule. So all your sympathy should rightfully be going to Tavrobel. I'm not even a real engineer :]

rubah
01-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I mean about the aero/mech e thing, not about AK having a OMGHARDer life or whatev

Aerith's Knight
01-14-2010, 11:39 PM
I mean about the aero/mech e thing, not about AK having a OMGHARDer life or whatev

So now hostility aimed at me? :eyebrow: Why, because I thought Tav was grumbling over nothing?

Ah well, whatever. I handed in the final version of my thesis today, I don't really care anymore.

And, just because you said that:

I get to complete 150 credits,

I had to do 180. So yes, OMGHARD.

Bunny
01-14-2010, 11:48 PM
my dick is bigger than yours because i have to do more credits

i'm angry because i hate everyone, not because my life is a personally designed mess

Tavrobel
01-15-2010, 01:52 AM

So now hostility aimed at me? :eyebrow: Why, because I thought Tav was grumbling over nothing?

Ah well, whatever. I handed in the final version of my thesis today, I don't really care anymore.

And, just because you said that:

I get to complete 150 credits,

I had to do 180. So yes, OMGHARD.

I don't think that she was being hostile at you, since I was responding to your remark about only MEs taking Machine Dynamics. I wasn't trying to be hostile toward you, either, just pointing out the similarities between engineering fields, and I wasn't trying to direct my grumbling at you. We engineers should be aware that our lives suck epically, and that everyone else should be aware and need to stop complaining about their lives.

Out of curiosity, 180 credits is a hell of a lot. How many semesters did you take?

And work isn't really bad for me, it's just more of a nuisance to try and fit it in with the rest of my schedule. So all your sympathy should rightfully be going to Tavrobel. I'm not even a real engineer :]

4 technical classes is still commendable. I have sympathy for all of my fellows in the technical fields.

Shiny
01-15-2010, 02:27 AM
My junior year schedule will be all technical classes possibly including Maya training, but I don't think this is something to complain about because it's what I chose to do and something I like doing. As I presume is the same with most people chose their majors. Basically what I'm saying is man up, or Shiny up. Take ya pick.

So far my schedule is like this:

Monday - No class
Tuesday - Production II
Wednesday - Science and Religion
Thursday - Intro to Avid
Thursday Part Deux - Totalitarianism
Friday - Pro Tools II
Friday Twice - Ethics

It's going to change once I sort it out for good, but most of the classes are set in stone now. The only class that seems like it's gonna be a bit of a bish is Avid thus far.

EDIT: Also, BlowingStuffUp320 sounds amazing!

Tavrobel
01-15-2010, 02:53 AM
There's also a SettingStuffOnFire405.

Shiny
01-15-2010, 02:57 AM
There's also a SettingStuffOnFire405.
That's so hot.

Tavrobel
01-15-2010, 03:00 AM
http://dennisjudd.com/albums/funpics/fry.sized.jpg

rubah
01-15-2010, 05:30 AM

nah, I was just clarifying xD

apparently, it used to be typical for our MEs to take... 140 hours I think. They worked for 20 years to cut down the cirriculum to 128 or 120, and one of my professors like to ramble on and on about how they don't teach everything they shouuld, used to, etc. Except now they do again, beause he keeps adding classes and adding hours to existing classes. it's kinda odd. Anything to keep him from lecturing on vibrations, though. I don't fall asleep listening to intra-staff politix ;D

Rye
01-15-2010, 10:22 AM
I feel you, Tavrobel. My major's course hours are reeeeeeeally up there too, plus I have to spend my last year student teaching. If my college I'm transferring too is anything like my prior one, I'll be spending a lot of time in my junior year out on the field as well. That'll be fun when I'm working (they actually don't technically "let" you work in your last year because of student teaching, but I'll see about that.)

I can't wait to squish all of those course hours into 2 years. The summer courses will be endless.

Tavrobel
01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
apparently, it used to be typical for our MEs to take... 140 hours I think. They worked for 20 years to cut down the cirriculum to 128 or 120, and one of my professors like to ramble on and on about how they don't teach everything they shouuld, used to, etc. Except now they do again, beause he keeps adding classes and adding hours to existing classes. it's kinda odd. Anything to keep him from lecturing on vibrations, though. I don't fall asleep listening to intra-staff politix ;D

UMD's Aero program has been trying to get their credits down to 120 from 128 for a long time, and they still haven't done it. Of course, this is the same university that thinks that their courseload can be reasonably done by most people in four years, as opposed to five.

It can't (or rather I should say, it is wildly difficult for most, it certainly is with our declining funding).

krissy
01-15-2010, 07:38 PM
you get to learn probability and proofs and make pretty charts and diagrams! best class ever

oh we only had proofs, induction, telescoping, and pigeonhole (and crap i dont remember)

stats in discrete would have been great
never had a graph, it was all proofs for me. that does sound better.

worst day of my undergrad was the 9am to 9pm with 2 2 hour breaks. cant go home, cant sleep enough, cant concentrate enough in ~2 hours

rubah
01-15-2010, 08:40 PM
No venn diagrams? no handshake principle? ;.;;;; what a wretched existence!

Part of my Discrete love may stem from having one of my absolute favorite teachers for it. She was better than coffee or vault.

Quindiana Jones
01-16-2010, 08:30 AM
The more I learn about engineers, the more I learn that SMBC is totally right.

Peegee
01-16-2010, 03:49 PM
108: Property
109: Constitutional Law
110: Contracts
112: Legal Skills II

I have to get up a little earlier this semester, but I don't have classes until 5 most of the week, either.

Is property law ownership of land and/or leasing of property?

Raistlin
01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Is property law ownership of land and/or leasing of property?

Yes, we will get into that. That doesn't mean that I would be any greater help if you still have those leasing issues, though, because you're in crazy Canadia land and all.

Also my professor for it is really boring.

rubah
01-16-2010, 04:36 PM
The more I learn about engineers, the more I learn that SMBC is totally right.

link plz