PDA

View Full Version : English Video Review!!!

Rad Bromance
01-11-2010, 02:58 AM
Take a looksee!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WLiencHokM)

He recorded his gameplay and gave it a proper review!

I'm so excited after watching it!!!

Aydin
01-11-2010, 06:17 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

>_____________________<

I'm so excited! I WANNA PLAY NAU!!!!!!!!

Flying Arrow
01-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Really good review. I'm getting excited. So excited, in fact, that I may purchase the game (I had resolved to borrow it off a friend before)

nirojan
01-11-2010, 07:58 PM
good review.. i liked the part where he whined about camera control and not being able to look @ the stunning scenery!

Well after hearing that the linearity is not that big of a problem I probably wont mind it as much.

Raistlin
01-11-2010, 10:40 PM
The review does nothing to raise my mild expectations. The battle system sounds promising, but the sphere grid-esque leveling along with the very linear gameplay sound disappointing (well, the latter only if the plot and characters aren't stunning, but I don't have much hope for that).

Silent Warrior
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Hm... I was going to de-lurk and ask for post-release intel to help me decide, but this...? #¤%#¥${! <End Barrett-mode> It'll be an expensive year for me... WANTZ!
Well, then again, it will also be a fair while until I'm able to buy it and a PS3 - being a student in foreign lands does actually save you money sometimes. I'll be keeping my eyes on this space in the near future, definitely.

Madame Adequate
02-11-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm the opposite of Raist. I feel happier because I'm less worried about the structure and leveling system, but I'm a lot more concerned that the battle system won't be to my liking. I like that it's harder but I certainly don't like a level cap.

G13
02-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Well, if XIII does suck at least we got a cancer curing elixir out of the deal. :p

Shoeberto
02-11-2010, 12:31 AM
This makes me optimistic. I had a really hard time getting into XII, mostly because the story was so bland, so having a heavier emphasis on story (despite sacrificing the open world to do so) doesn't sound too horrible. It's still a shame, though.

Miriel
02-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Omg, this dude is so freakin' enthusiastic. He's like a hyper puppy. "OOOHH! THE SCENERY!" xD

I'm not sure I like the sound of the battle system, but unlike a lot of people, I actually like the idea of a linear map. I like when things are laid out simply for me. :greenie:

Del Murder
02-11-2010, 05:37 AM
I like this review and it makes me want to play the game more. He does have a point, that if the linear system works for the plot and the gameplay, it shouldn't be an issue. It might be a good change of pace after other games I have played recently.

Jessweeee♪
02-11-2010, 05:54 AM
I especially like the sunny area he was fighting in toward the beginning of the review. Sunny locations look very nice in this game from what I've seen!