PDA

View Full Version : Must...Stay...Awake!

Jessweeee♪
01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Do you ever just want to NOT SLEEP no matter how tired you are? Maybe even for no reason!

My bed is just so uninviting. It's never warm enough (especially without a Mogi in it to warm me up ;_;</>) and IT HURTS MY BODY WHEN I LAY ON IT. In three hours I'll wake up and my side will be so sore. I'll flip over and in another three hours my other side will be sore. I flip over again, but I'm still very very sore on that side, and I'll have a weird dream from falling asleep in such an uncomfortable way. My neck is also sore, but I don't notice it as much because MY HIPS HURT FROM LAYING ON MY CRAPPY MATTRESS WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE AS OLD AS I AM. I actually want to be back in my dorm room because the rock hard mattress I have in there is much more comfortable.

I need a new one ;_;

Badge
01-11-2010, 08:27 AM
Sounds like you've got more chance is you sleep on the floor :(

Rantz
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM
I love my bed, so I never really dislike the idea of going to bed. I just tend to stay awake because I feel like doing other things more!

Rodarian
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Get a new mattress.....Seriously...

Everyone who has sat and slept on it attest to its comfort!!

I love my mattress..Its a queen sized and bouncy.....Which really matters for me....:love::bounce:

rubah
01-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I stayed awake late last night with a case of nerves over the new semester starting, but also because I haven't gone to bed before 1 since the last semester ended.

Aerith's Knight
01-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Usually when I'm talking to Kaycee. I don't know where she finds it all, but she always seems to have some funny things to show. :)

Quindiana Jones
01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
I hate sleeping. I always wish I never had to sleep. It'd be nice if humans never had to re-energise or if we never got tired, and just used sleep for fun or something. That'd be nice. But, as it is, I hate it because it wastes time.

Breine
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I love my bed, so I never really dislike the idea of going to bed. I just tend to stay awake because I feel like doing other things more!

Yes.

My bed = Love.

I Took the Red Pill
01-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Not really, usually I have trouble getting to sleep so staying awake isn't an issue for me. If I'm going to cram for an exam or something, though, I'll usually throw back a few sugar-free energy drinks and go at it all night.

Raistlin
01-11-2010, 09:48 PM

I only like sleep once I actually go to sleep, because then I never want to get out of bed. However, when I'm awake, I want to stay awake forever. It's like a personal application of inertia.

Iceglow
01-11-2010, 10:30 PM
If your bed is not warm enough then surely it needs a thicker duvet? I mean I can understand such things as, "my room is north facing, it's cold in here because no sunlight ever comes in my window" or "my radiator is crap, the glazing is single and the bed is right under it" and things like that but really if the room is warm perhaps the duvet needs to change, a thicker duvet (13.5 tog or so) will keep you warmer but will take a lot longer to warm up when it's cold. Sheets can also make a difference to the warmth of a bed, I find silk sheets tend to warm up way quicker than thick cotton ones do and fleeced sheets are even better at being warm (though they make me itchy as hell, I always feel like I have fleas in fleeced sheets)

As for the matress, well if the mattress you have is as old as you or near enough then it's simply time for a new one, matresses should be replaced about 1 time every decade or so on average, more if they're seeing a lot of action.

~*~Celes~*~
01-12-2010, 01:32 AM
I need to flip and turn my mattress :(

As for sleeping habits, mine have been in disrepair for a while now and I've been trying to fix it but it's so difficult ;-; I have to stay up late every night if I want to be able to even touch the x-box but I'm also tired earlier so it makes for difficult nights ;/

Jessweeee♪
01-12-2010, 05:10 AM
If your bed is not warm enough then surely it needs a thicker duvet? I mean I can understand such things as, "my room is north facing, it's cold in here because no sunlight ever comes in my window" or "my radiator is crap, the glazing is single and the bed is right under it" and things like that but really if the room is warm perhaps the duvet needs to change, a thicker duvet (13.5 tog or so) will keep you warmer but will take a lot longer to warm up when it's cold. Sheets can also make a difference to the warmth of a bed, I find silk sheets tend to warm up way quicker than thick cotton ones do and fleeced sheets are even better at being warm (though they make me itchy as hell, I always feel like I have fleas in fleeced sheets)

As for the matress, well if the mattress you have is as old as you or near enough then it's simply time for a new one, matresses should be replaced about 1 time every decade or so on average, more if they're seeing a lot of action.

It's FREEZING in here ;_;

My room was a garage before the previous owners turned it into a bedroom, so the circulation is bad. I could make it warmer if I left the door open, but I like it closed :|

AntRid
01-12-2010, 05:22 AM
When I get tired I get to a point where I’m not tired anymore and I can stay up as long as I want without any side effects. Until morning that is. Damn I hate mornings.

G13
01-12-2010, 06:44 AM
I hate sleeping. I always wish I never had to sleep. It'd be nice if humans never had to re-energise or if we never got tired, and just used sleep for fun or something. That'd be nice. But, as it is, I hate it because it wastes time.

Sometimes I feel the same. There's so much I could be doing while sleeping, and lately that's been quite a lot.

Aydin
01-12-2010, 07:16 AM
"Scooch over Christopher! I'm sleeping with you tonight in your extremely comfy bed!!!" ~Should be YOUR quote!

Yeah, I've slept on your mattress Jessweeee and it's VERY crappy. I suggest you steal Danielle's bed! >:] I'd also suggest your beanbag but that's kind of small...

As for the topic, [u]I ABSOLUTELY HATE SLEEPING!!![/i] It's such a waste of my life. Think about it! If sleep didn't exist, think how much more productive the average person would be!

Jessweeee♪
01-12-2010, 07:23 AM
"Scooch over Christopher! I'm sleeping with you tonight in your extremely comfy bed!!!" ~Should be YOUR quote!

Yeah, I've slept on your mattress Jessweeee and it's VERY crappy. I suggest you steal Danielle's bed! >:] I'd also suggest your beanbag but that's kind of small...

As for the topic, [u]I ABSOLUTELY HATE SLEEPING!!![/i] It's such a waste of my life. Think about it! If sleep didn't exist, think how much more productive the average person would be!

His bed is really comfy, but ew D:

Danielle's bed actually pulls out from underneath mine, so her mattress is just as old. It just didn't get used a whole lot until she moved in xD

Rye
01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I had an awesome night of sleep for once since when I'm living in my dorm or staying at Hux's, I'm not awake in fear!

It felt really cool because if you open the window just right, you can sleep on top of the covers in your undies and a t-shirt, and it just feels like you're sleeping in an air conditioned room in the summer, since the room's heating is strong otherwise. Oh mannnn, I love it!

Raistlin
01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
I've found that it really helps me get to sleep a lot quicker if I have a drink shortly after I take my allergy medication at night.

It may not be the smartest plan, but it certainly helps adjusting to getting up earlier.

rubah
01-12-2010, 07:37 PM
On the other side of sleep, this morning (and last morning, and really, almost every school morning), my cat Lola climbed onto my face and proceeded to wash my lips and nose thoroughly.

And then she bit my throat

"Lola, I know I'm into the kinky :bou::bou::bou::bou:, but you are just a little baby cat yet."

*Laurelindo*
01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
For some reason I've always liked to stay up all night the day before the last school-day of the week, especially if that school-day is softer than usual.
I don't know why, but there's something special about staying up all night and then going overtired to school (I don't really know a better English word for it, I mean that awesome feeling that makes you wanna giggle at everything :p).