PDA

View Full Version : Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog!

Croyles
01-12-2010, 02:57 AM
I heard about this nearly a year ago but it sounded stupid to me. Well I just watched it for the first time and have to say, SO GOOD! I really love it!

Ive been watching Firefly/Serenity and How I Met Your Mother lately and then I remembered that Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion were in something together and remembered being told about Dr Horrible.

Who else liked it?

Also, apparently there will be a second one!

Bunny
01-12-2010, 03:05 AM
I enjoyed it because I have a huge boner for Fillion, Harris and the entire Whedon family. The doors that it helped open so far as content availability online is also a huge plus.

Psychotic
01-12-2010, 03:19 AM
I want the keys to a shiny new Australia.

Croyles
01-12-2010, 03:20 AM
I just want to say, im usually not a fan of musicals but I couldnt help love this as it was just so different and hilarious!

Ouch!
01-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Still waiting for them to stop talking about doing more and DOING more.

Breine
01-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Well, Joss Whedon is a genius. The man's brilliant. I'm a big fan.

Croyles, did you see it online? - I haven't seen it myself yet, since I live in Denmark and pages like hulu and stuff won't let me in :(

Rye
01-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks to me. :smug:

@Breine: I'm almost certain it's on YouTube for your viewing pleasure. I had Paul watch it on there since it won't work on Hulu for him.

EDIT: Yup! Here is act one. I think you'll find the rest linked within the video page:

YouTube - Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog: Act 1, Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g)

Psychotic
01-12-2010, 07:06 PM
This is so nice, I just might post in the same thread twice.

Wolf Kanno
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
My GF's best friend showed me this cause we both have interest in music and stage theater (that and he was getting back at me for introducing them to Persona 3 ;) ) it was damn funny and a lot of the music was pretty damn good.

Croyles
01-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Well, Joss Whedon is a genius. The man's brilliant. I'm a big fan.

Croyles, did you see it online? - I haven't seen it myself yet, since I live in Denmark and pages like hulu and stuff won't let me in :(

I bought it off Itunes actually and then watched it there.

Love it :)

Breine
01-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanks to me. :smug:

@Breine: I'm almost certain it's on YouTube for your viewing pleasure. I had Paul watch it on there since it won't work on Hulu for him.

EDIT: Yup! Here is act one. I think you'll find the rest linked within the video page:

YouTube - Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog: Act 1, Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apEZpYnN_1g)

Ooooh, lovely! I'll watch it soon! Thanks a bunch :)

NorthernChaosGod
01-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I heard about it a lot from 4chan of all places I believe. I was really into Firefly/Serenity just previously so I decided to check it out based on Fillion being in it.

I loved it.

Raistlin
01-13-2010, 12:28 AM
I was a bit late to the game on this one, but I was entertained by it. Everyone's already praised Whedon and Harris in this thread, so I'll just say that Felicia Day is awesome.

Moon Rabbits
01-13-2010, 01:43 AM
The first time I watched it I thought it was pretty decent. Every time after that I've liked it exponentially less.

Also I hate Neil Patrick Harris.

VexNet
01-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Don't forget about the Musical Commentary!

available to purchase from iTunes now~

I love NPH and Nathan Fillion, I've been watching HIMYM from Season 1 and got into Firefly last year, both have pretty much taken over my life (as far as watching tv goes).

I practically know every episode of HIMYM off by heart.. no joke