PDA

View Full Version : House season 6

Raistlin
01-12-2010, 05:18 AM
So I couldn't find a House thread in the last few pages, which is a horrible crime because House is awesome.

New episode of House tonight, which was great. More hilarious HousexWilson antics, which absolutely never get old. House pretending to be gay was just too funny, and Wilson's trick at the end was excellent. And I totally called Foreman knowing of Chase, 13, and Taub's joke when he told them about the "job offer."

So, how much do you love House? Great show or greatest show?

Madame Adequate
01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Not quite greatest show, but damned close to it. I get my own PC back today which means I can watch the House I had previously downloaded and then get the newer episodes as well :love:

NorthernChaosGod
01-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Greatest show. :cool:

I've been watching since season 2 was airing and I've loved every minute of it.

Raistlin
01-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Well since apparently EoFF fails by not having a swarm of House devotees, let's discuss all things House. First topic: favorite clinic patient.

First one that comes to mind for me is the woman that tried to use actual store-bought jelly as a contraceptive. "There's something wrong with my brain?" "Oh yeah."

NorthernChaosGod
01-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Lol, I laughed so hard I had to stop watching and come back when I saw that for the first time.

I'm going to go ahead and say that Leighton Meester was my favorite because she was hoooot.

Annnnd because I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline that came out of it.

Raistlin
01-13-2010, 12:33 AM
I had to look her up; is she the 17-year-old daughter of a clinic patient that stalked him for an episode? That one is also hilarious, though mostly for the HousexCuddy scenes about her. "YOU'LL NEVER STOP OUR LOVE" is one of House's most hilarious lines ever.

Goldenboko
01-13-2010, 12:46 AM
I love House, but I don't catch it nearly as often as I'd like. What time do new episodes come on?

NorthernChaosGod
01-13-2010, 01:31 AM
I had to look her up; is she the 17-year-old daughter of a clinic patient that stalked him for an episode? That one is also hilarious, though mostly for the HousexCuddy scenes about her. "YOU'LL NEVER STOP OUR LOVE" is one of House's most hilarious lines ever.

Yes, that's her exactly. And I agree, great line.

Also, I just watched the latest episode, very lulzy. The HousexWilson antics are hilarious.

Raistlin
01-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I love House, but I don't catch it nearly as often as I'd like. What time do new episodes come on?

Mondays at 8 EST. Which actually sucks because I have reference hours at the law library then, but I at least can watch them later that night online.

You might want to catch up with the rest of season 6 on Hulu or something before starting with the new episodes. While each House is enjoyable by itself, there is a bit of an underlying plot and some references you may not understand.

Raistlin
01-27-2010, 04:48 AM
Well House is back, with another entertaining episode yesterday. The psychopath was pretty cool.

Hopefully this episode also was the end of 13/Foreman drama.

Miriel
01-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Nope, just not feeling it anymore.

Total House fan before, but now I watch it just to watch it and nothing seems fresh or interesting. The stuff when he was in the nuthouse was fantastic though. But now that he's out, it's just the same ol' same ol'. I get that it's a procedural show but damn, not enough the greatness of Hugh Laurie as House or the slashy House/Wilson stuff can keep me from drifting off and randomly start doing something else in the middle of an episode.

Raistlin
01-27-2010, 05:48 PM
You are a horrible, horrible person.

I will say that there was one lengthy time that I was getting very frustrated with the show: the 3rd season Tritter subplot, which was terrible.

I agree that House's therapy to start the season off was excellent, and that House really hasn't shown much change since. But I would have considered it depressingly cliche and unrealistic for House to have undergone a complete transformation; I think the last episode shows one of the tiny, incremental changes House has gone through (feeling terrible for his former classmate).

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2010, 11:03 PM
I think the show is doing just as well ever. Admittedly, the season premiere was great and above the normal show's standards, I find no fault in the latter episodes. It would be very un-House to make a large change or even small change without some time. He's Gregory House.

Well House is back, with another entertaining episode yesterday. The psychopath was pretty cool.

Hopefully this episode also was the end of 13/Foreman drama.

Yeah, she was very interesting. I like how things ended up for her too.

And I feel the same, I really disliked that whole subplot to begin with. It just irks me.

Sephex
01-28-2010, 12:36 AM
I am really enjoying this season a lot so far, as I have all other seasons. Even though the series have kind of come close to jumping the shark a couple of times, most of it is full of quality that makes up for it. Needless to say, House-Wilson scenes are the best. Out of any TV show I have ever watched those actors have the best chemistry--EVER.

EDIT: I don't get why some people complain that House's therapy hasn't changed him much. It has. These changes are subtle, but they should be obvious to a watcher that has kept up with the entire series. Plus, it has been noted many, many times throughout the series that even before House's leg injury, he has ALWAYS been an egotistical jerk. Despite that, to me, House has massively improved, and I think we will see more positive changes in the future. He still will be a jerk that we know and love, but he will at least be more of a bearable jerk for the rest of the cast! :)

Miriel
01-28-2010, 01:17 AM
I think him cutting up Cuddy's photo was one of the worst things he's done to her. And he's done some awful stuff. But I dunno, I just understand the sentimental value of a photograph, especially one that was irreplaceable. I'd probably never forgive someone who did that, and I don't believe that House wouldn't have apologized. He's apologized for other stuff before, I don't see why he wouldn't this time.

Anyway, the character development and stuff isn't whats so boring about the show. It's the whole premise. Mysterious disease, House & Co try and solve it, etc etc. Just not interesting anymore. I used to think House's epiphanies were kinda funny and cute, now I think it's fairly moronic for the show and the writers to keep pulling that one over and over and over again. Yawn.

Raistlin
01-28-2010, 01:49 AM
I think him cutting up Cuddy's photo was one of the worst things he's done to her. And he's done some awful stuff. But I dunno, I just understand the sentimental value of a photograph, especially one that was irreplaceable. I'd probably never forgive someone who did that, and I don't believe that House wouldn't have apologized. He's apologized for other stuff before, I don't see why he wouldn't this time.

He wouldn't apologize BECAUSE it was so important, though he originally did it because he didn't realize how important. That was Wilson's whole point: that it's easier to apologize to people you don't really care about. You think House trying to ignore a problem is unrealistic?

Anyway, the character development and stuff isn't whats so boring about the show. It's the whole premise. Mysterious disease, House & Co try and solve it, etc etc. Just not interesting anymore. I used to think House's epiphanies were kinda funny and cute, now I think it's fairly moronic for the show and the writers to keep pulling that one over and over and over again. Yawn.

I'm not sure how else someone would figure something out besides... well, figuring it out. And to me, they change it up just enough to keep it interesting (i.e., the other team members' involvement, patients dying, patients being killed, etc.).

Sephex
01-28-2010, 04:46 AM

Welcome to every TV show ever. Every TV show has its pattern. I see what you are saying, but at the same time I can't help but think you are wrong. Sure, every case does have a similar patten but the details of said pattern along with the miscellaneous stories per episode is what I believe makes the show worth watching every week. I can see why you (or any other long time House viewer) can get tired of the typical House pattern, but I do not tire of it at all simply because the background stories have always had variety, which is what I feel really caries the show.

NorthernChaosGod
01-28-2010, 04:52 AM

Welcome to every TV show ever. Every TV show has its pattern. I see what you are saying, but at the same time I can't help but think you are wrong. Sure, every case does have a similar patten but the details of said pattern along with the miscellaneous stories per episode is what I believe makes the show worth watching every week. I can see why you (or any other long time House viewer) can get tired of the typical House pattern, but I do not tire of it at all simply because the background stories have always had variety, which is what I feel really caries the show.
Agreed. The characters themselves and their interactions are really where the good stuff is too, except 13xForeman. :mad2:

Miriel
01-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Oh my god. xD I hope you meant to say every single procedural TV show. Cause a show like House (and CIS, and Law & Order, etc) is a specific kind of TV show, and most other shows aren't so formulaic. Not that there's anything wrong with procedural shows. I was a huge Law & Order SVU fan for awhile. But I can't take years and years of this stuff.

Also, opinions can't be wrong. ;) Like I said, I used to be a fan, and I'm not saying it's a crap show now. I still watch it. But 6 seasons is a long time to watch House and his team continually misdiagnose a patient until House has a random conversation about something else (usually with Wilson) and he does his dramatic pause and runs off to save the patient.

Plus I hate Foreman & 13 and I only really like Chase cause he's cute.

You can love the show all you want. I just don't find it as interesting anymore.

Sephex
01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Oh my god. xD I hope you meant to say every single procedural TV show. Cause a show like House (and CIS, and Law & Order, etc) is a specific kind of TV show, and most other shows aren't so formulaic. Not that there's anything wrong with procedural shows. I was a huge Law & Order SVU fan for awhile. But I can't take years and years of this stuff.

Also, opinions can't be wrong. ;) Like I said, I used to be a fan, and I'm not saying it's a crap show now. I still watch it. But 6 seasons is a long time to watch House and his team continually misdiagnose a patient until House has a random conversation about something else (usually with Wilson) and he does his dramatic pause and runs off to save the patient.

Plus I hate Foreman & 13 and I only really like Chase cause he's cute.

You can love the show all you want. I just don't find it as interesting anymore.

That's fine. My main point was simply that I feel the show still has enough interesting stuff in it that keeps the show above most these days.

Blue
01-31-2010, 05:54 PM
Yus more HOUSE fans :D yay

I've missed the last few episodes but i'm glad the old team is back.

I really like the guy who fancied his mum, and pretended it was a cow XD

Raistlin
01-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Step-mom. And can't really blame him; she looked hot.

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Step-mom. And can't really blame him; she looked hot.

She was totally hot if memory serves me correctly, I might not remember her face very well, but she had a bangin' body.

Rostum
02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
I kind of got bored of this show for awhile, though it is a really good show. Recently watched the opening to season 6 (where House is in a nut house), and I thought that was incredibly good. It's just a shame that people are saying it reverts back to the same old same old. :(

NorthernChaosGod
02-01-2010, 11:59 PM
I kind of got bored of this show for awhile, though it is a really good show. Recently watched the opening to season 6 (where House is in a nut house), and I thought that was incredibly good. It's just a shame that people are saying it reverts back to the same old same old. :(

House has always been a misanthropic jerk, that isn't going to chance overnight. Something like that will take a long time to change, but if you watch you can tell that he has started to change.

Raistlin
02-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah, House does change. It's not in lame, cliche obnoxious ways, which was a relief (and something I was dreading), but it subtle ways in how he reacts to things. And last week's episode had a slightly more obvious example of this change. I think the writers did about as good a job as they could have; it is all done very realistically.

And now, it's time for me to watch this week's episode.

Raistlin
02-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Ok, last night's episode was good, and Lucas continues his quite admirable attempt to make me not hate him. I did not see that coming.

Also, this episode had more examples of House changing. It was fairly obvious House was pushing Marcus and Foreman together.

NorthernChaosGod
02-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I really enjoyed this episode, House is actually changing more and it had a nice plot twist at the end. I totally didn't see Lucas being involved. I actually really like Lucas, I was very excited to hear he'd be coming back after his initial run. And I kind of had a "d'awww" moment after Foreman and Marcus bond.

Raistlin
02-03-2010, 12:13 AM
This show has inspired me to change back to the my old Raistlin House-style sig that Rye made for me a few years ago.

Meat Puppet
02-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Is it just me, or should Dr. Nolan have been playing a 12-string guitar in the 1930s?

Raistlin
02-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Interesting twist with a Cuddy-centric episode. I didn't like it as much as the Wilson episode (because Wilson is amazing and second-best character on the show), but it was still very good. The random House invasions of his case weren't as amusing, but it does show it from her perspective. One of my favorite parts of the Wilson episode was seeing just random tiny flashes of House's case from Wilson's perspective of House running off with his team to do something bizarre, and this one had a little bit of that from Cuddy's viewpoint.

Also, a big lol at Lucas, the two-minute man.

NorthernChaosGod
02-10-2010, 07:55 AM
Interesting twist with a Cuddy-centric episode. I didn't like it as much as the Wilson episode (because Wilson is amazing and second-best character on the show), but it was still very good. The random House invasions of his case weren't as amusing, but it does show it from her perspective. One of my favorite parts of the Wilson episode was seeing just random tiny flashes of House's case from Wilson's perspective of House running off with his team to do something bizarre, and this one had a little bit of that from Cuddy's viewpoint.
I actually think it rather fit, Cuddy wouldn't necessarily find House's interactions amusing for the most part. I think the overall tone of the episode fit very well with Cuddy's character and how she sees things.

It was an interesting episode, but I think it was kind of weak as far as the series goes. Wilson's episode was indeed better.

Also, a big lol at Lucas, the two-minute man.
I hella lol'd, I laughed too hard and got told to shut up. :(

Vyk
02-16-2010, 12:07 AM
I was a dedicated fan in love from the first episode. Up until about the middle of season 4 I think. I struggled through him being alone after everyone left. Struggled through him picking four out of like 30 people. Struggled through all the Tritter bull. And then the part with Wilson's wife tripped something inside me. I just couldn't struggle through with him anymore. I watch it now and then, just to amuse at some of the antics. But I quit caring about pretty much everything in that show *shrug* Good times. But they're over now (for me, at least)

Raistlin
02-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Wilson's wife? You mean Amber, his girlfriend at the end of season four? That was an epic finale.

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2010, 12:22 AM
^Agreed, it was awesome. And Cuddy as a stripper was just great.

Vyk
02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, "cut-throat bitch". I actually liked her. Epic, maybe. Also horrible...

Raistlin
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm really having trouble comprehending how you could so dislike the season 4 finale, which was arguably the most powerful and memorable episode of House's six seasons.

Now I can agree with you on the Tritter arc, which was WAY overplayed. That subplot started getting really annoying.

Vyk
02-16-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm not saying it was terrible. I'm saying it messed with something inside me because I know its very possible to be able to put someone on machines and wake them up just long enough to say goodbye and kill them. For some reason that idea freaks me out and I completely lost touch with the series after that

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Those two episodes were probably my favorite, they were fucking amazing and really well done.

In fact, I think I will go watch them again.

Raistlin
02-16-2010, 04:03 AM
I'm not saying it was terrible. I'm saying it messed with something inside me because I know its very possible to be able to put someone on machines and wake them up just long enough to say goodbye and kill them. For some reason that idea freaks me out and I completely lost touch with the series after that

Oh, ok, so you're not saying it was a poorly done episode, it just weirded you out. Which I can easily understand, because it is heartbreaking and absolutely terrible to think about.

My favorite episode... I don't even know. Season 4 finale is definitely worth a mention. The episode of House's dad's funeral definitely stands out to me, too. I love HousexWilson shenanigans.

NorthernChaosGod
02-16-2010, 04:14 AM
Season 4 finale, Season 6 premiere, or when House hallucinates sleeping with Cuddy. One of those is my favorite.

Vyk
02-16-2010, 04:43 AM

Oh, ok, so you're not saying it was a poorly done episode, it just weirded you out. Which I can easily understand, because it is heartbreaking and absolutely terrible to think about.

My favorite episode... I don't even know. Season 4 finale is definitely worth a mention. The episode of House's dad's funeral definitely stands out to me, too. I love HousexWilson shenanigans.
Yeah. I guess its testament to their ability to pull emotional strings in their story telling with the effect they had on me. I kinda diss the show now, in good fun, 'cause I'm kinda missing out. I was quite literally blown away. And now can't get back. And not sure I want to. But I would totally recommend the show for anyone. Its smart, amusing, and doesn't pull any punches

Raistlin
03-09-2010, 02:01 AM
New House! Finally.

The Wilson porn was hilarious.

Doomie
03-09-2010, 05:23 AM
I loved this show, but it's been going steadily downhill since the start of the fourth season. Unfortunately. It's still better than most shows, though.

Raistlin
03-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I was skeptical going into the fourth season because of the new team members, but the overall writing has actually improved. Finales used to be fairly average or downright annoying, whereas through the 4th and 5th seasons the story becomes more developmed in the latter half of the season and has finished with a very powerful episode (see: season 4 finale, one of the best episodes in the series). Season 5 finale was very good, too, and the Amber hallucination was incredibly entertaining. In some ways, the show is still improving.

NorthernChaosGod
03-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I was skeptical going into the fourth season because of the new team members, but the overall writing has actually improved. Finales used to be fairly average or downright annoying, whereas through the 4th and 5th seasons the story becomes more developmed in the latter half of the season and has finished with a very powerful episode (see: season 4 finale, one of the best episodes in the series). Season 5 finale was very good, too, and the Amber hallucination was incredibly entertaining. In some ways, the show is still improving.

Yeah, this. I think some people just don't like change.

Also, Wilson porn was hilarious. I loved all the posters House put all over the place.

Madame Adequate
03-10-2010, 01:17 AM
I think I ruptured something laughing when I watched this episode.

Raistlin
04-13-2010, 06:34 AM
House is back!

For an episode with not a ton of House, it was entertaining. It even had some pretty interesting development for House and the team. And I also love Cameron's character, so I'm glad she showed up even though I suspect it's just temporary.

Rye
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I need to catch up. I watched a few episodes of season 5 and 6 and I loved it, but I'm still back in season 4. XD

Aibbie
04-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I love House, dunno why since almost all the episodes play out the same way. But I just can't stop watching :confused: maybe I have an unnatural attraction to sarcastic and bitter old men o.O

Raistlin
04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
More House! The last episode was very entertaining with plenty of HousexWilson antics. The patient was very weird, though, and they didn't really explain how his wannabe-witchcraft fits into his whole Knight mentality.

Two things I have to wonder about. I'm somewhat disappointing there's been no further developments of either ChasexCameron or TaubxWife, the latter especially after House's seeming revelation about Taub at the end of two episodes ago that Taub may, in fact, be cheating.

Madame Adequate
05-06-2010, 01:06 AM
The most recent episode felt a little strange to me, but the HousexTeam hilarity was pretty great. However the dude's fiancee seemed weird to me, her reactions weren't in and of themselves weird but we spent so little time with her that we didn't get to see how she actually went through it all so it seemed very abrupt to me. I think they tried to pack too much into this episode and didn't quite tie everything together right.

Raistlin
05-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Yeah, there was definitely more focus on the team antics this episode, but since that was all amazing, I can certainly forgive a little less attention to patient drama. The guy was an idiot anyway, so the only one who arguably got shorted any time was the fiancee.

NorthernChaosGod
05-06-2010, 04:43 AM
Yeah, there was definitely more focus on the team antics this episode, but since that was all amazing, I can certainly forgive a little less attention to patient drama. The guy was an idiot anyway, so the only one who arguably got shorted any time was the fiancee.

Yeah, pretty much.

The karaoke bit was great. I lol'd when Foreman and House made the train with House's cane.

Miriel
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Omg, the karaoke had me DYING! Possibly one of the best House moments ever.

I hate how they're making Taub such a douchebag. I get that cheating was part of his character from the get-go but it was on the back burner and I enjoyed his character. Now not so much cause of all the stupid cheating bastard drama.

The season finale of House is going to be filmed using a Canon 5D Mark II. The same camera I use for my photography work. Super excited to see how it turns out. I think it's going to be the first television show to use a DSLR to film an episode.

Raistlin
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
I prefer this moment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0jpd3cZnYc), but the karaoke is a close second.

Taub is definitely turning into an idiot; I was actually mildly surprised when he finally did cheat, but I don't agree that it's so bad for the show (it is interesting). I can't really complain about him turning into a jerk, but I thought him cheating RIGHT AFTER all those professions of love to his wife when she stopped the open marriage thing was SO jerky as to be almost unbelievable. Although maybe it makes sense, if his wife got his hopes up by originally agreeing to the open marriage.

NorthernChaosGod
05-11-2010, 06:27 PM
I enjoyed the latest episode. I really like when they change up the way the episode plays out, so this was really nice. I

I can't wait to see how this turns out for House.

Raistlin
05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
This was a great episode, a true follow up to the start of the season, with an unfortunate but not surprising end. The back-and-forth between House and his psychiatrist was very interesting. The episode also just made me more eager to find out how House deals with all these changes.

Not the funniest House episode, but a good one for House development.

NorthernChaosGod
05-11-2010, 11:28 PM
I loved seeing the contrast between the scenarios that House would give and what the psychiatrist would imagine, especially when Taub showed up in the psychiatrist's. :lol:

Matthew
05-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Missed this week. Need to go do the online thing at some point.

Raistlin
05-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Excellent episode. Not as powerful or shocking as the end of the 4th and 5th seasons, but House continues its 3-year-run of strong finales. Great House development, and makes me excited for how season 7 will go.

eestlinc
05-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I liked the penultimate episode more, mostly because I love Andre Braugher (Dr. Nolan). But the finale was quite good. The final scene seemed a bit rushed, but we'll have to wait to see how it plays out next season. The scene where House tells the trapped patient how he hurt his leg while Cuddy watches was awesome. That was the true climax of the episode.

Raistlin
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Actually I think the climax happened just after the episode ended. *badum-tish*

I agree that the scene here House confesses to the trapped woman was the best, and that the second-to-last episode was awesome as well.

NorthernChaosGod
05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Lol, climax.

I agree, House's confession really was just amazing. And I really can't wait to see how these new developments play out next season.

Madame Adequate
05-20-2010, 10:57 PM
I just watched it and all I can say is holy crap. That was superb.

Parker
05-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Not the best finale so far but still very, very good. I'm glad to see the show is still going strong!

Matthew
05-21-2010, 03:16 AM
I like how they completely suckerpunched us. Things like the drinking, the pain getting to him, quitting his psychiatrist and possibly giving up on ever being happy, it felt like we were headed for a relapse. Hell, they even brought out the vicodin for the very end. Instead we get House connecting with a patient on a very deep level, losing them, and then getting a happy ending of sorts with Cuddy.

I honestly have no idea how this will play out next season.

Baloki
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Shouldda been over 2/3 episodes imho, but was very good still. Just the team and 13's involvement seemed very forced and there just so they showed their faces. Also what was with 13's note?

Matthew
05-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Shouldda been over 2/3 episodes imho, but was very good still. Just the team and 13's involvement seemed very forced and there just so they showed their faces. Also what was with 13's note?

I assume she's "taking time off" because of her Huntington's.

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2010, 07:07 PM
That's not really a spoiler, is it? It's kind of well known that she has it.

Matthew
05-21-2010, 08:42 PM
That's not really a spoiler, is it? It's kind of well known that she has it.

I don't know, it wasn't really openly stated, and some people get weird about speculation.

NorthernChaosGod
05-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Fair enough. I would think it's fairly obvious though.

Academic
05-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Am I one of the few who hates Huddy? Up until about the point where Cuddy shows up in House's apartment, the episode was brilliant and then they had to go and cop out with her kissing him. I hope to God they don't change him. Personally, I like fucked up House. I don't want to see him 'cured' by love.

Slothy
05-22-2010, 12:58 AM
House wasn't exactly the nicest guy before the whole constant leg pain, bitterness and vicodin addiction, so I really doubt they'll go the cured by love route.

Academic
05-22-2010, 05:22 AM
I doubt it, too. I guess it's just a fear of mine; the potential to go that route or something similar. Would it fail again like it did before? Who knows. Personally, I'm hoping he stays the way he is.

NorthernChaosGod
05-22-2010, 06:05 AM
I understand that you don't want him to turn all fuzzy and whatever, but for him to stay completely the same after all this time is fucking retarded. I'd absolutely hate it if he didn't change and grow over time.

Academic
05-22-2010, 06:34 AM
I can see where most people would hate that, too, but I'd hate it if he did change for the better. xD Maybe there's something wrong with me? I think the non-happy-ish endings are better and more powerful.

NorthernChaosGod
05-22-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm not saying he has to start turning into a decent human being, but he better change in some way. He could even turn more bitter and full of hate for all I care, as long as the change made sense.

Academic
05-22-2010, 06:56 AM
If he gets anymore bitter or hateful, there will be no more House. xD That makes sense. I guess he's due for another change. I just hope they don't go the route I'm dreading, but who knows. We'll see when the show returns.

Bunny
05-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I suppose I am a little late to the party. I have a dozen other shows I watch a regular basis and House just got pushed to the side temporarily. Regardless, I watched the episode tonight and was interested in the majority of it. Fairly well done, even if the rest of the team wasn't very involved with it.

The relationship with Cuddy and House won't last. It can't. They're two completely different people and, regardless of whether opposites attract, one of them is going to get fed up with the other. House has a difficult time relating to anyone but Wilson on anything resembling a "human level" (and even then, their relationship is extremely faulty) and Cuddy requires that exact human connection. I can see them lasting for a short arc in the seventh season, but I think they'll finally give up on each other and understand that they make better friends than lovers.

The thing with Thirteen was pretty expected. They've basically ignored her condition throughout the season (with the exception of a minor story arc mid-way through or so) and it is about time that they recognize that things aren't all butterflies and candy with it. I wouldn't be surprised (or saddened) if she left the cast sometime next season. I'm also getting tired of Foreman. About the only person I can stand that is part of the team is Taub. He's probably my favorite character next to Wilson and House. Chase is enjoyable but his character seems to be there for lack of anything better to do.

Slothy
05-22-2010, 03:14 PM
The thing with Thirteen was pretty expected. They've basically ignored her condition throughout the season (with the exception of a minor story arc mid-way through or so) and it is about time that they recognize that things aren't all butterflies and candy with it.

They've been dropping hints for quite a while that her condition was getting worse. Namely subtle signs like her hands shaking and things of that sort. The types of things you could miss if you aren't paying attention.

Bunny
05-22-2010, 08:43 PM
My problem is that they presented it as being extremely serious at the beginning, with Thirteen herself saying that it was "more aggressive" than previous generations, making it more likely that her symptoms would occur quicker and her life would end sooner than, say, her mother. After that, it has pretty much only been smaller signs that they still recognize that she has it. I understand that turning it into "Thirteen's Sickness Hour" would detract from the original premise of the show, but if you're going to introduce a character with a major sickness, you should probably be ready to focus a good deal of time on that character instead of giving her shaky hands in a couple episodes.

I have a big problem with the amount of time they spent with House trying to figure it out and then after he did, he stopped caring. I know that's basically House's nature, but he spent a lot more time focusing on the Kutner storyline after the fact than dealing with something that was present right then and there. I know it's a show and you have to focus on a bunch of stuff at a time, it just seems like a cop-out to give each character an issue and then bounce around focusing on a different one every other episode.

Raistlin
05-27-2010, 07:25 AM
It was done realistically, though. Huntington's doesn't just trigger suddenly, and Thirteen is still pretty young to exhibit any serious symptoms, regardless of the severity. I have no issue with how they handled it. It's perfectly plausible with genetic testing they discovered she would be hit sooner than most and then nothing happen anytime soon (they could've found that when she was born, even).

I don't see focusing on different issues being a cop-out but instead it's another example of realism that seems to fit well with the show as a whole.

However, I, also, don't see House and Cuddy lasting. And the "oh no House might be happy!" fears are exaggerated. The same complaints were heard when he was in therapy, and House didn't suddenly and unrealistically change overnight. House is still a screwed up person who will find some way to fuck things up.

champagne supernova
05-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Yeah, but that ending worked perfectly because of the previous episode.

Anyway, House won't become nice just because he's with Cuddy. Cuddy & House will still be at each other's throats, even if they are going out. That is their dynamic.

Ezme
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
My prediction:

House and Cuddy will be about a 6 episode arc. I mean I'd love for them to be together and have a happy ending but it's not great writing or what you'd expect from the show.

I also think the final every episode (whenever that is, I haven't heard anything about it ending or anything) will have house dying or finally getting together with cuddy for good.

I also predict I will blub lots next season with the 13 storyline :( Also suspect 3rd team member dying will either put House back into the mad house or trigger startling revelation.

PeneloRatsbane
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
House is just one of those show that you can just tell is not going to end happily.

Raistlin
05-28-2010, 10:46 PM
I also predict I will blub lots next season with the 13 storyline :( Also suspect 3rd team member dying will either put House back into the mad house or trigger startling revelation.

Thirteen is not dying anytime soon, at least not from Huntington's. Though it is plausible her condition could worsen to the extent that she can't practice medicine within the next year or two.

Ezme
05-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Oppps last comment was a little mashed together, I think I will blub is she becomes unable to function and I will definatly if she dies.

I bawled by eyes out when amber died! I couldn't belive it! A char I hated so much yet the way they did it! Amber's death in House, Dr Green in ER and Charlie in Lost are the 3 saddest fiction deaths ever in TV IMO!