PDA

View Full Version : Omega Weapon's LV5 Death Spell question

Cyric
01-12-2010, 08:19 AM
This has probably been answered many times, but does junctioning Death to your Status Defense prevent LV5 Death from hitting you even if you are at a level that is a multiple of 5?

Rantz
01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes, I believe you can render his LV5 Death completely useless by junctioning 100 Death to everyone's ST-Def-J.

Saber
01-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm positive that it helps avoid L5 death by junctioning death to status def. I've done it myself many times. it helps in Esthar too with those tiger type monsters laying around.

Ultima Shadow
01-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Yes, but in order to survive Omega's Level 5 Death, you MUST have 100 Deaths equiped. Any less than 100 won't work.

Skyblade
01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, but in order to survive Omega's Level 5 Death, you MUST have 100 Deaths equiped. Any less than 100 won't work.

Just pull Death off your Status-Attack and set it to Status Defense. I run with 100 Death on Status-Attack since as soon as I can acquire that spell. Makes trash fights so much faster.

wild-one
01-18-2010, 11:07 PM
ummmmmmm,do you have any videos of death magic?because i never used it and have none

Darth Cid
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
That's because you don't search thoroughly enough.

The Last Oath
01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
100 Deaths on everyones status defence...

Put 100 Pains on as well ;)

Skyblade
01-19-2010, 07:15 PM
ummmmmmm,do you have any videos of death magic?because i never used it and have none

Death Magic, like all magic in general in FFVIII, and status magic in almost all FFs, is nearly useless as a spell. Much too low of a hit chance to worry about (not for Omega, though, his is a guaranteed hit. Cheating game mechanics).

However, when you junction 100 of them to status attack, it's a 100% chance to instantly kill any enemy vulnerable to Death, and that is a large list.

Best way to acquire the spell, though, not sure. Belhelmel cards to Saw Blades to Death is one path, IIRC.

Rantz
01-19-2010, 07:30 PM
However, when you junction 100 of them to status attack, it's a 100% chance to instantly kill any enemy vulnerable to Death, and that is a large list.

I'm fairly sure there's no way to get a 100% chance, even if the enemy is vulnerable to the status effect. There might be a 100% chance that the status "hits" but that the enemy still has the chance to evade the effect, or something like that. Maybe Hit% and/or Luck plays a role. All I know is that I've had 100 Death junctioned to ST-Atk-J many times and it has still missed enemies I know are vulnerable to Death many times (although admittedly it is quite effective).

wild-one
01-19-2010, 08:24 PM
if i junction Zombie OR Death to my vit,will i be unaffected by Ultima Weapons LV5 Death?any way,do you know how i can acquire Death OR zombie?
also,will junctioning Death to STR,will i be extra-strong?
PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rantz
01-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Junctioning any spell to your Vitality does nothing to protect you against any status (including LV5 Death), so no. Junctioning a status magic to an ST-Def stat will typically guard you against that status.

To get Death spells, refine either Tonberry Cards or Belhelmel cards into Chef's Knife and Saw Blade respectively, and further refine those into Death using Siren's L Mag-RF ability.

To get Zombie, I don't remember too well what to refine, but I think Blood Soul Cards refine into Zombie Powder, which further refines into Zombie spells using the same ability as above, if memory serves.

The Last Oath
01-20-2010, 05:02 PM
The best magic to increase strength is Ultima, meteor and flare. Quakes not bad either. At the stage of the game where your fighting Omega Weapon you really should have 100of each magic you junction..

Only ever junction Death to status defence or status attack. I always keep mine on defence.

wild-one
01-20-2010, 08:35 PM
THANKYOU!!!!
for the help,you see,i am actually only on disk 1 and want to prepare for the future,hey,do you have a list of wicth monsters that i can draw Death from?

Rantz
01-20-2010, 09:42 PM
You can draw Death from Blue Dragon, Forbidden, Tonberry and Torama.

Kyros
01-23-2010, 02:29 AM
The best magic to increase strength is Ultima, meteor and flare. Quakes not bad either. At the stage of the game where your fighting Omega Weapon you really should have 100of each magic you junction..

Only ever junction Death to status defence or status attack. I always keep mine on defence.

At Omega I had the lv1 spells (fire/blizzard/thunder) juctioned to hp and str and some other stats and had them maxed since your main priority during the game if youre going for maxed stats is to get the stat 'bonus' junctions from the gfs so you can put those on as early of a lv as possible.

As to the topic, junctioning death to my status def was the only way I could possibly last the first turn vs omega since all my team was 100 =/

wild-one
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
thankyou
also,i played this over and over..............AND GOT MY BUTT KICKED BY ULTIMA
EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!!!!!!!
and i ended up not fighting ultima at all and missed out on a great magic:(

Kyros
01-24-2010, 04:37 AM
omegas harder, ultima's easy, and if you're having troubles with ultima just save/tent at the hidden save spot next to the panel that brings him up so you dont have to run through the dungeon again for him and you'll be at max hp

wild-one
01-25-2010, 08:34 PM
wait a minute........i looked on final fantasy wikia and it said ultima weapon does not have LV5 Death spell!why is that?

PuPu
01-25-2010, 08:42 PM
wait a minute........i looked on final fantasy wikia and it said ultima weapon does not have LV5 Death spell!why is that?

It's Omega Weapon with LV5 Death, not Ultima Weapon.

wild-one
01-27-2010, 12:28 AM
YEAH!we know aaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll about this!

Rantz
01-27-2010, 12:38 AM
The thing is that Omega Weapon and Ultima Weapon are two separate bosses in the game, Omega being the tougher of the two. Omega has Lv5 Death, but Ultima doesn't.

PuPu
01-27-2010, 01:52 AM
YEAH!we know aaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll about this!

If you actually read the topic title, it's not hard to know that it's Omega Weapon with LV5 Death.

wild-one
01-27-2010, 07:37 PM
oh
by the way.................why is everyone treating this like its their thread!