PDA

View Full Version : Final Trailer is localized

Jecht Shot
01-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Final Fantasy XIII Video Game, International Trailer HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/international-trailer-final-fantasy/60730)

Me likes.

It took me a couple of views to get used to "My Hands", but its not bad at all. My only complaint is they played the music too loudly over some of the dialogue.

Edit: Official site is finally updated to include the new trailer and a section on Eidolons.

nirojan
01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Just saw this on IGN. looks pretty cool and the Leona Lewis track wasn't as horrid as I thought it'd be. In game sequences look the best though. I like all the flying segments....too bad we wont be able to o that in game.

Skyblade
01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
They didn't synch the mouth movements to the English Voice Actors, did they?

Jecht Shot
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure whether you watched it or not, but actually they did.

nirojan
01-13-2010, 09:17 PM

yeah i saw lightning follow the english lines, but the general dude and lil man weren't as "on the dot" as she was.

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-13-2010, 09:51 PM
They didn't synch the mouth movements to the English Voice Actors, did they?

As far as I noticed they did though most of the time I was more busy looking elsewhere then to see if the lip sync was done properly. Though I do hate it when I notice them out of sync!

Jessweeee♪
01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
My only complaint is they played the music too loudly over some of the dialogue.

Agreed!

I am now even more excited about this game!

McLovin'
01-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Looks pretty damn cool. Can't wait till March! :D

AntRid
01-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Great! Now I want it even more! Thanks alot jerk! :p

Rad Bromance
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM
OH MY GOD GAAAAH I'm so excited. That was absolutely wonderful. Even if some of those fighting scenes looked silly with that song playing. I love the song though, far better than the Japanese song! :D

yeah i saw lightning follow the english lines, but the general dude and lil man weren't as "on the dot" as she was.
Well regardless, it's way better than FFX's lip syncing...I honestly didn't notice anyone talking out of sync though.

March needs to hurry up and get here! Bayonetta can't hold me over much longer!

Mirage
01-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Well, FFX was only re-synced in pre-rendered movies, iirc. Maybe a *few* other really important scenes.

In FF13, we haven't really seen any other scenes than (i assume) pretty important ones, so who knows?!

Raistlin
01-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Eh. Didn't really show anything new (yes, we all know by now that the game is pretty), but at least I'm starting to get some hope that the characters and plot will be interesting enough to at least somewhat justify the apparent extreme linearity of the game.

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2010, 04:44 AM
I find it helps to turn on the subtitles. I turned them off on my second playthrough of FFX because I tend to stare at the bottom of the screen rather than the character talking, and it was only then that I noticed how horribly out of sync some scenes were and turned them back on xD

Skyblade
01-14-2010, 06:48 AM

There were a couple points where it seemed very off, but I couldn't tell if that was the game quality or the overall quality of the trailer (which had jumped in a couple points). I'll try to view it again on the official site, hopefully get a smoother version.

Rostum
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Well it looks great, but my god 'My Hands' is horribly unfitting... But then again, I also thought her track for Avatar ruined the credit screen.

Rodney
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Aha! So Vanille's name IS said like "Vuh-neel!" Just like I suspected.

asukaevaunit02
01-14-2010, 01:10 PM
It ws nicely voice in english, except for Fang, I thought something about her accent seemed a little odd. Was it me or did she sound like she had an English or slight Australian accent?
In the Japanese trailers, she sounded tough/cool with that somewhat lower toned voice (if thats the way to put it).

Other than that, was very nice to watch, even if the song was a little overpowering at times....

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2010, 07:31 PM
The trailer was pretty good though it just makes me want to punch Hope in the face more cause he really comes across angsty and whiny for my taste (I'm ignoring the fact he's a total rip off of Ken Amada from Persona 3). Vanille sounds like Kairi...

Beyond that, the voices sound good. The Theme song is pretty silly but to be fair I don't think the Japanese one was any better. I wish SE would quit insisting on these Celine Dion "Titanic" Power Ballads. I still think one of the best songs to grace a FF ending was L'Arc-en-Ciel's Spirits Dream Inside (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyitOgIBOo) from FF:TSW. Why can't we just have a cool rock track for once?

The trailer looks nice though the Summon role call at the end still comes across a bit hokey.

Rodney
01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
It ws nicely voice in english, except for Fang, I thought something about her accent seemed a little odd. Was it me or did she sound like she had an English or slight Australian accent?

Fang AND Vanille did, though Vanille's was very slight. It's probably to signify their being from the Oerba tribe in Pulse, while everyone else grew up around "normal," Cocoon-residing humans.

VeloZer0
01-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Just watched it and the theme song kept me from getting involved in what I was seeing at all. I'm just hoping that it isn't indicative of the game atmosphere in general. Because if playing it feels anything like the trailer I can guarantee it will spend more life on my shelf than my Play Station.

(I know it will probably be fine, but just seeing it all put together like that just pissed me off.)

Rad Bromance
01-15-2010, 02:37 AM
Vanille actually is voiced by an Australian comedian. Dunno about Fang.

I still think My Hands is a million times better than that Japanese song.

VeloZer0
01-15-2010, 02:40 AM
I haven't hear the Japanese song, but I have no doubt that it would probably inspire the same affect from me. I am more upset to include that 'type' of song than the actual song itself.

ANGRYWOLF
01-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Vanille actually is voiced by an Australian comedian. Dunno about Fang.

I still think My Hands is a million times better than that Japanese song.

She......the woman who did Vanille's voice... use to have a video up on youtube talking about it but apparently Square disapproved of her talking about it.

I actually prefer the Japanese theme song.

Jecht Shot
01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
After hearing it on the radio, I think My Hands is way better than Kimi ga Iru Kara too. Will it fit in the game? That remains to be seen.

Interestingly enough, the JP site now put up the international trailer with subs, even tho the game has already been released there.

crazybayman
01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
I wish SE would quit insisting on these Celine Dion "Titanic" Power Ballads.
Agreed. The trailer looked great, the game looks awesome. As for the music, cliched diva pop ballad garbage does not fit. AT ALL. Epic, instrumental (non-lyrical) music would have fit much better.

As long as this sort of music isn't played throughout the game. I guess I can mute the one cut-scene where this is played.

But yeah, the game looks great. I imagine I'll be getting it the day it comes out.

Psychotic
01-18-2010, 03:40 PM
It looks good. The only issue I have is with Fang's voice. As asukaevaunit02 said, having an Australian (or whatever) accent in the middle of all the American ones is just wrong and out of place.

Moon Rabbits
01-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Heeeeeeee heeeeeeeee~ I so essited.

GhandiOwnsYou
01-19-2010, 05:09 AM
I wish SE would quit insisting on these Celine Dion "Titanic" Power Ballads.
Agreed. The trailer looked great, the game looks awesome. As for the music, cliched diva pop ballad garbage does not fit. AT ALL. Epic, instrumental (non-lyrical) music would have fit much better.

As long as this sort of music isn't played throughout the game. I guess I can mute the one cut-scene where this is played.

But yeah, the game looks great. I imagine I'll be getting it the day it comes out.

Agreed. Final Fantasy's music has pretty much been it's calling card for me. Cid, the summons, all that stuff is nice to see follow one to another, but the music is really what makes a FF feel like a FF for me. Praying they don't cliche the rest of it...