PDA

View Full Version : My Browser Bar redirecting me!

Jessweeee♪
01-13-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't even know wtf this thing is, but it's what usually comes up in place of a 404 error page. Recently it's been redirecting me when the page does in fact exist.

The page will load, I will read it for about three seconds, and then it tries to tell me that the page I just saw doesn't exist. Sometimes if I try a few more times, I can access the page I was trying see, but usually I just can't view it period.

Help me EoFF :(

AntRid
01-13-2010, 11:51 PM
First what browser are you using and does the same thing happen in other browsers?

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Firefox. I haven't noticed it in IE yet, but I don't use it quite so much.

AntRid
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Does it happen on any particular pages or at random times?
Do you have many Add-ons? Try disabling them and see what happens.
Try reinstalling FF and see if that fixes it.

Mirage
01-14-2010, 01:25 AM
If reinstalling doesnt't work, it could be because the new installation of firefox still uses the old installation's application data folders and files that are stored for your user account.

After trying what AntRid suggested you could try the following if it didn't help:

Navigate to the folder "(drive letter)\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox" and delete the profiles folder.

Then go to (drive letter)\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox and delete the profile folder there too.

Keep in mind that this will probably also make you lose your browser history, bookmarks, cookies, saved passwords, and custom browser layouts, so be prepared!

Some of the aforementioned folders may be marked as hidden or system folders, and could therefore be invisible to you if you try to navigate there manually. If you type in the folder names in the address bar, you should still be able to get into them.

o_O
01-14-2010, 01:34 AM
It sounds like some sort of browser hijacker to me.

What website does it redirect to?

Jessweeee♪
01-14-2010, 04:36 AM
I tried uninstalling something called Browser Error Redirect or something and now I'm waiting for it to happen again to see if that was it before trying other solutions. So far it hasn't!

Rantz
01-14-2010, 06:14 AM
That does sound like it would be it. xD

AntRid
01-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Then it can’t hurt to run a scan for malware and such just incase anything else is lurking back there

spigot
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Hi, my name is Laurentiu and I work for Spigot.

I am here to provide information about how to disable the redirection to api.mybrowserbar.com. Please take a look here: Spigot - Turn on the Revenue (http://www.spigot.com/network_error_assistant.html)

Please contact me from our website Spigot - Turn on the Revenue (http://www.spigot.com/contact.html) if you need more help.
Thank you.

Old Manus
11-03-2011, 02:04 PM
The Help Forum today is brought to you by Strangely Racial-Slur-Sounding Company Names Inc (and the letter O).