PDA

View Full Version : GF zodiac symbols

BardTard
01-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I've been playing FF8 this week and just noticed something. In Diablos's attack, you'll see Taurus and Aries symbols. I find it odd that it's just these 2. You'd think it would be either just one, or every symbol.

Ff8 diablos attack image by Fantasy_Gamer on Photobucket (http://media.photobucket.com/image/ff8%20diablos%20attack/Fantasy_Gamer/ff8_diablos2.jpg)

If you can't see what I'm talking about, the symbols are inside the triangles in the circles. In that picture it's mostly Aries that can be seen.

Strange, huh? I wonder what their reasons behind doing that are.

BTW this is not a weird theory thread, just something I noticed and found interesting and I'd like to share it with you.

Skyblade
01-18-2010, 05:41 PM
BTW this is not a weird theory thread, just something I noticed and found interesting and I'd like to share it with you.

It's not a weird theory thread yet, but just wait.

It is interesting. Especially since they used the Aries symbol so often. Do any Zodiac signs show up in Eden's animation?

BardTard
01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Not that I've noticed, but I haven't used Eden that much. (I know, blasphemy, never use the best GF!) I'll have to watch again and find out. I just LOVE Eden's attack. :heart:

Wolf Kanno
01-18-2010, 06:10 PM
My guess would be that the animators wanted to create the effects of a "spell circle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_Solomon)" so they used some real world symbols to make it look a little more realistic.

Aries and Taurus are considered Fire and Earth symbols and are the two starting symbols of the western Zodiac, they signify the era in a human's life of being a baby (Aries) and a toddler (Toddler) One is a male aspect the other is female. Both are considered materialistic signs with Aries faults being selfishness and its redemption is learning to think of others. Taurus is loving to others but must learn to move away from materialistic needs and to see others more than just possessions. Aries is forceful and a leader type while Taurus is stubborn and great financial wise. Obviously, none of these symbolic meanings really have much to do with Diablo...

Another factor cause also simply be that Aries symbol is a Ram and Taurus is a Bull which are both pagan symbols for gods that were condemned by the Catholic Church and considered to be animal symbols for the devil. Though a Goat (which would be Capricorn) is the most ideal symbol for this train of thought.