PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Squall?

BardTard
01-14-2010, 02:28 AM
I started a new game on FF8 and I'm on Disc 3 right now. For some reason Squall is a lot weaker than everybody else. When he was around level 50, everybody else took less damage than him (level 30-). I was fighting Tonberries in Centra Ruins and Everyone's Grudge took out half his life (approx. 3500/7000ish HP) but only caused around 750 points of damage to everyone else (5000ish HP). I checked all my junctions and abilities and Squall's Vitality and Spirit is like doubled that of everyone else. And I've equipped him with Vitality/Spirit+??% and he still can't take more than 2 hits from a Tonberry. I don't think Tonberries have a certain element but if they did, that wouldn't make sense either because I junctioned Full-Life and Ultima to everyone's Elemental Defense so they now absorb everything. Also every one of my characters have every Bonus equipped so they get stronger than they should be when they level up. I'm just so confused, is there something I'm overlooking or does this sound like a random glitch?

Wouldn't doubt it if it was some random glitch... my friend managed to break the entire game. (Countless glitches there)

Namelessfengir
01-14-2010, 05:52 AM
grudge/karma is an attack based move so the more things you kill the harder it hits for tonberry fights i delegate squall to healer and finisher and use characters that i havent used often people with low kill stats in my case quistis and irvine

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Karma/Everyone's Grudge does damage in proportion to the amount of enemies your character has killed (hence the names) so if you get someone who has been in your main party for most of the game like Squall... well he takes a wee bit more damage. I say if he's able to survive a blow and gets easily knocked down to critical status that you should just haste his sorry ass and Limit Break spam your way to Tonberry King. :cool:

BardTard
01-15-2010, 04:24 AM
Oh, that totally makes sense!

And I just Mad Rushed the Tonberries. I hate repetition! I did other things while I was fighting them. *multitask!*

wild-one
01-18-2010, 11:12 PM
i LOVE the mad rush command.....useful agaisnt grats