PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Earth MMO

ANGRYWOLF
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Square Enix's Fantasy Earth MMO headed to US - News at GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6246324.html)

Not sure from reading about this play free company that it is Square Enix.
Reading the info on other sites you get the impression Square sold this to another company some time back.

Oh well...

The game appears somewhat primitive in nature and design.

AntRid
01-28-2010, 01:06 AM
I'll probably give it a look. It is free, my favourite number, so it cant hurt.

JKTrix
01-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Square published the game and it is still technically 'theirs', but now the other company runs it. Squenix didn't want to maintain it if it wasn't on PlayOnline (what they use for FF11), so they let someone else do it.

The Japanese version features Norio Wakamoto as the narrator. The English version is guaranteed to be severely lacking just for that reason.

Regardless, I signed up for the beta a couple of weeks ago.

Roogle
01-28-2010, 05:05 AM
I was surprised by this news. I remember reading about Fantasy Earth over four years ago. Isn't this a little dated to appear in the United States and other countries now? This is why the game would appear primitive in its graphics and design.

On the other hand, if the game is free to play, I guess that it couldn't hurt to give it a shot for those who are interested.

I would rather see games like Grandia Online come to the United States.

Momiji
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
For what it's worth, the game is available to download now. I have yet to try it though. I just hope it won't fry my CPU like other MMOs do. :<

Rostum
03-28-2010, 04:03 AM
It looks horrible...

Momiji
03-28-2010, 04:08 AM
You get what you pay for.

Mirage
03-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Think I'm gonna skip this one.