PDA

View Full Version : clumsies

Jess
01-14-2010, 10:49 PM
How clumsy are you?

I'm constantly bumping into things, tripping over, dropping things and breaking things. I'm sooo clumsy. I daren't wear skirts/dresses without black tights because I'm usually covered in bruises.

on Sunday, I reached a new height of clumsiness and I tripped over, fell through a fire door and fell head first into the concrete outside and knocked myself out. owwwwwwwwww. I still have a big bruised bump on my head!

so! anybody else incredibly clumsy or is it just me?

AntRid
01-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Well I thought I was clumsy until I read your post. :p
I usually walk into things, doorways, other people etc. I walked into a sign post walking to work today. I was thinking about something else and wack.

Rocket Edge
01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm alright I guess, my main problem is just I can very dopey at times. Something could be going on around me and I'm completely oblivious. Or picking up hints, I'm terrible. :(

Mogi
01-15-2010, 01:49 AM
I can't think of any of my own clumsies, but I was tickling Jesswee one time while she was here and she tweaked out and slammed her head into the wall. It was horrible. She had a big red mark for the rest of the day, and it happened early in the morning.

I felt so bad ;_;

It's hilarious to tickle Jesswee because she becomes very violent and paranoid X3

AntRid
01-15-2010, 02:25 AM
This just reminded me of
Best Fails of 2009! (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1927354)

Raistlin
01-15-2010, 03:36 AM
I'm not particularly clumsy, though I have known a number of obnoxiously clumsy girls, one of which was well-known for her ability to fall up stairs. So no, it's not just you.

Rye
01-15-2010, 10:24 AM
:(

I'm always covered in bruises and scratches. Some of them are mysterious as I never knew where they came from. But then I recently discovered that in my sleep, I actually get up and do things, like turn my alarm clock off on my cell phone, which is a feat that is difficult enough awake.

That :bou::bou::bou::bou: freaks me out!

But mostly, I just get them from falling or walking into door frames.

NorthernChaosGod
01-15-2010, 12:07 PM
Hardly clumsy at all, but not super graceful. I walk into walls and :bou::bou::bou::bou: occasionally, but only if I'm distracted and talking to someone as I walk away and I'm not looking. :(

Breine
01-16-2010, 10:44 AM
I can be pretty clumsy. It's rather normal for me to trip when walking up stairs, or knocking my foot into something. Also, dropping things.

When I wake up with a hangover from a night of drinking I usually have some sort of bruise that I don't remember how I got. And they're located in the strangest places too.

Quindiana Jones
01-16-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm not really clumsy. If anything, I'm surprisingly agile when it comes to not spazzing around. However, due to the varied tendencies of my ridiculous personalities, I sometimes just zone out and forget the world exists. Couple this with my usual preference to being overly alert to absolutely everything that happens and you've got one hell of a trippy* day!

*hur hur hur

rubah
01-16-2010, 04:47 PM
It took a long time for me to achieve physical ability and comfort in my adult body. Middle school was a small hell of maneuvering large feet through tiny, backpack-encrusted aisles. Ah! puberty!

But take heart, Jess! Thanks to body memory, you probalby won't fall through a fire door and hit your head on the concrete outside again!

Fujiko
01-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Not very, though I sometimes have those days where I'm clumsy all day long and it really is as hilarious as it can be annoying. However, it's as hilarious as it is when you see someone esle trip, fall, walk into poles, drop food or valuable stuff etc etc xD *semi-sadist* Omg~ *gets an idea for a thread*

Mercen-X
01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't call it clumsiness. I just have a tendency to delete certain information that would prevent accidents because I see it as being unimportant. Like the fact that there's a bookcase directly behind me where I sit at my workstation. I get up and turn around (heading into another room) and usually walk right into the pointy corner of the short bookcase. Then I get nagged about how thoughtless I am. There have been other incidents. There's a set of cabinets that hangs above a "bar" (countertop similar to those found at taverns) in my apartment and I've been known to walk straight into it, especially when I'm wearing a cap with the bill forward.
I feel it's always the most embarrassing to stumble about in your own home where you should be accustomed to the layout.
My girlfriend is clumsy and unbalanced. She's always telling stories about some accident she's been caught up in. Her balance is so lacking that you can nudge her head with your pinky and she'll stumble around trying not to fall. It may have something to do with her lack of differentiation between right and left. BTW, how many people do you know who to this day don't know their right from their left? It boggles my brainium (made up word)!

Jiro
01-17-2010, 12:00 PM
I've had some bad falls whilst running up stairs. Mostly because I take them two-three at a time and so my feet don't quite get above the next step and trip smash. Fortunately a lot of the time I only stumble and can recover before anyone even notices.

Chloe.
01-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Yeah I'm pretty clumsy, always walking into things and such. There's this thing I do at work all the time, I'll be walking past a clothes rail and my arm will just hit straight into it, it really hurts, and is also rather embarrassing. :p
Oh and also we have these little tray things that slide out from under the counter which have the receipt machine thingys on them, and some people constantly leave them out, I walk into them too. :( Which is pretty silly because I know that they're there so I should be able to avoid them. xD

Mercen-X
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I've had some bad falls whilst running up stairs. Mostly because I take them two-three at a time and so my feet don't quite get above the next step and trip smash. Fortunately a lot of the time I only stumble and can recover before anyone even notices.

Precautionary speed-adjustment can be a big help in this situation. Because you're taking the stairs 2-3 steps at a time, you don't need to be moving very fast. Instead, focus on watching the steps and your feet and make the proper adjustments. This, of course, does not apply if you're carrying something. Then you're just doomed.

NorthernChaosGod
01-18-2010, 01:22 AM

I totally did this at work the other night. I was running up the down escalator because I was too lazy to walk around the wall to get to the up one. I started out fine since all the "steps" are evenly spaced during the middle run, but right when I hit the top and the steps all are merged I overstepped and tripped and started falling. I caught myself on the handrails and pulled myself up though.

Loony BoB
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm not very clumsy.

EDIT: Wait, you knocked yourself out? Wow.

smittenkitten
01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
I'm pretty clumsy... I'm I've knocked myself out before too. My usual clumsyness like yesterday I poured dilluting juice into my glass and instead of picking it up to put water in it I threw it in the air and it went al over the floor and me. I think my body does things on its own sometimes. I also walk into things all the time, I've walked into a wall and twice into a door and cut my arm on the door handle -__-... I'm usually really bad when it comes to my mobiles, like I accidently dropping them into my tea, the sink full of water or melted them with the hair dryer by accident. xD

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm pretty clumsy... I'm I've knocked myself out before too. My usual clumsyness like yesterday I poured dilluting juice into my glass and instead of picking it up to put water in it I threw it in the air and it went al over the floor and me. I think my body does things on its own sometimes. I also walk into things all the time, I've walked into a wall and twice into a door and cut my arm on the door handle -__-... I'm usually really bad when it comes to my mobiles, like I accidently dropping them into my tea, the sink full of water or melted them with the hair dryer by accident. xD

JESUS :eek:

smittenkitten
01-20-2010, 09:13 AM
JESUS :eek:

I'm sure Jesus would say the same thing. :whimper: