PDA

View Full Version : The Final Showdown!

Breine
01-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Alright, so I'm just about to enter Ultimecia's castle to kick her sorceress butt, but I'm not sure if I'm strong enough yet.

What level would you guys recommend you should be in before entering the castle? - I don't really feel like doing lots of unnecessary grinding if I'm already strong enough :bigsmile:

Rantz
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
IIRC: Apart from the Islands Closest to Heaven/Hell, Omega Weapon and Ulti are the only fixed-level enemies in the game. That is, those are the only enemies where you can actually benefit from having a high level. However, if you're well junctioned (always key) you can be in your 20s and still have a fairly easy time fighting Ulti, in my experience.

Karifean
01-15-2010, 03:13 PM
All bosses except for a few exceptions also have a fixed max level, Ultimecia's are 65. Her guardians' reach from 50 to 58. Adel's is 46 and Ifrit's is 6.

The exceptions are:

-Granaldo (that thing Ellione is attacked by)
-Diablos
-GIM52A (2 of these appear with a red guard in the desert prison)
-The oil spitting thingies you face in MD Floor of Balamb Garden
-Rai'jin, first battle in Balamb.

And, of course, Omega Weapon and the enemies on the 'Gate'-islands, but only in the Quiet Ocean near Ultima Weapon are always Lv. 100. (In PC-Version, Omega isn't, by the way)

Rantz
01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Really? I stand corrected!

Rad Bromance
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I always got to level 100 by that point without actually trying. o__O

Breine
01-16-2010, 10:46 AM

With Squall maybe, but surely not with your entire party?

Rad Bromance
01-17-2010, 12:23 AM

With Squall maybe, but surely not with your entire party?
Squall, Zell and Selphie. Not the others though.

BardTard
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Ulti's a pansy. First time I fought her was just as a joke to see what it would be like and I ended up winning with no troubles. Kinda slow too... Ultima Weapon was harder just because of the speed but I also won that fight first time around and everyone made it out alive without a scratch.

I was at level 77 (everyone except Squall, at 100) when I first fought her.

crazybayman
01-22-2010, 01:08 PM
If you have lots of high level magic junctioned, you don't really need to be that concerned with levels.

Put on Enc-None and Move-find, and wander around the Island Closest to Hell, drawing from all the draw-points whatever you come across.

That, and take moment to refine whatever you have into magic for junctioning.

Don't forget str+ 60%, and so on and so forth.

Breine
01-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, but I already kicked her sorry ass a couple of days ago. She was very easy to beat.