PDA

View Full Version : Characters you used the least

Del Murder
01-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Like FFVII this game's ability system was not character-specific, leaving you with the option to switch between them without needing to change your gameplay tactics much. So which characters did you find yourself using the least?

I tried to keep everyone fresh even though I didn't have to. I probably used Rinoa the least actually.

Lunatic_High
01-15-2010, 07:15 PM
I never really bothered with Quistis, mainly as I never really liked her limit breaks, I when playing the game last didn't use Zell much either.

Rad Bromance
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I hardly ever used Quistis or Rinoa...I've never been particualrly crazy about blue magic, so I sparingly used Quistis for the same reason I sparingly used Quina in IX and Kimarhi in X. Rinoa I...don't really know why I used her so little. I guess because I didn't care much for her limit break either. I like, NEVER used Irvine though, I think because the ammo thing bothered me.

I guess it's not so much I didn't use Rinoa, Quistis, and Irvine, but moreso that I used Selphie, Squall and Zell too much. :D

Elly
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
my A-Team was Squall, Rinoa, & Zell... my B-Team was Selphie, Quistis, & Irvine... out of both teams Irvine was the one i used the least...

Rantz
01-15-2010, 09:33 PM
I try to change who I use from playthrough to playthrough, but if there are any characters I use less than the others it's probably Irvine, and Selphie to a lesser degree. Mostly I like their limit breaks the least, I suppose.

Wolf Kanno
01-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Selphie, she's annoying most of the time and her limit break sucks on Active mode, hell it sucks even in wait mode unless you shuffle to the End which is a bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: Limit break to begin with.

I'll never understand why she wanted to become a SeeD and I will always believe she only made it cause the committee that makes such decisions only read about her in a report and never actually met her.

Del Murder
01-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Are you ever able to switch out Squall? It's been so long.

Wolf Kanno
01-16-2010, 12:04 AM
No, you get a few times where the party splits up and then you can make a party without him. It doesn't happen often though.

Depression Moon
01-16-2010, 12:25 AM
I rotate regularly as soon as the set levels up those characters get switched out.

MJN SEIFER
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM
As a kid I didn't use Irvine much, because I was a sad person who thought you needed to hate guns to be a true sword fan (WTF?) but on my recent playthrough I found myself using him quite a lot.

The only character I haven't used much on my latest playthrough is Quistis - I have no idea why, it's cause I only have one space in the characters most itmes, and for some reason I tend to favor the others. Nothing against her.

Vermachtnis
01-16-2010, 01:25 AM
I never used Quistis or Irvine outside the battles where you needed them. Rinoa might count too, I don't recall using for a lot of Disc 3 :P

Levian
01-16-2010, 02:05 AM
I didn't use Irvine a lot as he didn't have much to do with the storyline in addition to his sucky limit. Also, by the time I get him all the other people already have a bunch of magic. Outside him I'd probably say Zell, his annoying limit takes forever, and I suppose he's rather annoying himself too.

Karifean
01-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I hardly used Quistis or Selphie, cuz their limit breaks can't really keep up with the others'. Squall was always included and I switched between Rinoa + Zell, Rinoa + Irvine and Zell + Irvine.

Ultima Shadow
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Character I used the least was Selphie, because the only move that makes her better than anyone else is one that I refuse to use. Without it, she's the worst character.

Raistlin
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
If I recall correctly, Selphie was the only one that I refused to use for most of the game.

Levian
01-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Huh, I always found Quistis' and Selphie's limits to be really helpful! Squall, Quistis and Selphie is my main party for that reason alone.

Degenerate and Aura is awesome, and it doesn't take that long to shuffle.

Breine
01-16-2010, 08:01 PM
I think I use pretty much everyone equally. I used to not really use Selphie in the past, but in my last playthrough I really used her a lot. I found her Limit Breaks to be really useful. Wall and Full Cure are great.

vinnie's mini's
01-16-2010, 08:44 PM
I tried to use everyone for at least a little while during the game but some of them just ended up sitting there. Selphie was normally the one that this happened to. Squall, Rinoa and Zell would normally be my main team with Zell being replaced by Irvine and Rinoa by Quistis on odd occasions. I had nothing against Selphie as a character, she just didn't get used much.

Del Murder
01-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Huh, I always found Quistis' and Selphie's limits to be really helpful! Squall, Quistis and Selphie is my main party for that reason alone.

Degenerate and Aura is awesome, and it doesn't take that long to shuffle.
Same here.

I Don't Need A Name
01-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Irvine and Quistis we're pretty useless.
Quistis was better than Irvine though.
Selphie's limit saved me mos of time!

Squall, Rinoa and Selphie were usually my A-Team

BardTard
01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Irvine and Zell. I just found everyone else's limit breaks much more useful, so I opted to use them during important events.

Kyros
01-20-2010, 06:59 AM
selphie and irvine, dont care for either one and only really ever use them when the game makes me

I really dont get how anyone would fine zell or irvines limits bad guys wtf

Rocket Edge
01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Irvine/Zell, Squall, & Rinoa was my first team usually. Rarely Quistis would get a bite and Selphie almost never. Still I tried leveling everyone up equally.

Rantz
01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
selphie and irvine, dont care for either one and only really ever use them when the game makes me

I really dont get how anyone would fine zell or irvines limits bad guys wtf

I don't find Irvine's limit break bad, I'm fully aware how much damage it can do, I just find it boring and uniform in comparison to everyone else's (it's also the only limit to be dependant on items to work, although that's just a detail). I love Zell's, though.

Kyros
01-23-2010, 02:25 AM
my most recent playthrough I didnt use zell or irvine hardly every b/c theyre limit breaks are so good it made me feel like I was cheating moreso than if I were to use holy wars every battle

Jiro
01-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I used to stick with Zell and (probably) Rinoa. Then I realised Quistis' limits were pretty kickin' (they are) so she made the team. Then the story developed and Rinoa annoyed me so she was dropped. On subsequent playthroughs I decided I liked Irvine so I used him.

I don't dislike Selphie by any margin, but she doesn't make my team because I continually skip past the spells I want in her limit which frustrates me.

Zell always makes it because I like the chicken-wuss.

qwertysaur
01-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I have Quistis and Zell used the most. I just do :p

Rinoa does have Angelo though which gets her a spot sometimes. I then smack her with a sword so she can call her doggy for playtime.

Roogle
01-24-2010, 02:43 AM
I use the storyline to help me decide on my party for the most part. Quistis and Irvine get the short end of the stick, in that respect, but the storyline does an adequate job of rotating the characters and making sure each one gets used in battle.

My final party was Squall, Rinoa, and Irvine or Squall, Rinoa, and Zell.

Goldenboko
01-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Quistis, Irvine, and Selphie all didn't belong in my party. Rinoa's ability to make my party invincible great, Squall is obvious, and Armageddon Fist with Zell was OP.

Kyros
01-24-2010, 04:44 AM
I had Zell hit 3+ times/second on his counter so if it was starting at like 18+ seconds it was over for whoever I was fighting with him ^^