PDA

View Full Version : Create Your Own Character!

Rodney
01-15-2010, 10:52 PM
I was a bit stumped as to which forum to put this under, so if this is the wrong one, then could a mod move this to the appropriate one?

I was wondering. Forget favorite FF characters or characters you're most like. Imagine being one of your own. Not one already in a game's cast, but one of your very own.

Which world (game) would you be from? What would your name be? What would you look like? How old would you be? What would your backstory be? What connection, if any, would it have to the main plot? Who would you be connected to? Would you, if given the chance, be a main party member, a guest character, on an NPC? If part of the party, what your job class, if any, be (if you'd be part of a game that used job classes), and what would your weapon of choice be? What special attacks would you have?

Use your imaginations. Don't have to take this seriously. It's all in good fun.

RedPouch
01-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh god, I could have a field day here.

My character [Khalin] would have the sole purpose of outshining other characters in the party which I find to be irritating, and repeatedly give them speeches on how I find them to be extremely annoying. Khalin would probably have his hands full in some of the more recent Final Fantasy games [with the exception of IX]. Don't even get me started on Sephiroth either.

I'll probably think this out and make a more serious post later, but the above is definitely where I'd end up starting. When I think of games, I generally can't avoid thinking about characters that really irritate me in the game. The older Final Fantasy games are more-or-less off-the-hook for some reason, because they have non-irritating characters for the most part. However, characters like Yuffie, Sephiroth, Seifer, Amarant, Tidus, etc, make me want to just strangle a kitty-cat and curse up a storm of obscenities.

And thus ends another post by Khalin which ends up being a load of negativity and ranting about something. One of these days I'll post something positive I'm sure. I do actually want to give this question some thought though, because it seems really interesting when one thinks about the possibilities of being a part of one of the Final Fantasy worlds. I'm interested in hearing what other people have to offer in terms of their creativity in this manner.
[!]<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[/!][!]Session data[/!][!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">[/!]

Vermachtnis
01-16-2010, 12:22 AM
My character's name would be C and she'd be from VIII. Of course that's not her real name. Her real name was hard to spell so she shortened it to one letter. Then forgot her name. It doesn't bother her though, cause it must have been boring or else she would have remembered it.

What she's lacking in intelligence, she makes up for in energy. Says whatever she's thinking and takes whatever or whoever she deems interesting. She keeps getting yelled at by Garden personnel. But doesn't get discouraged and has stolen the same thing multiple times on many instances. In fact her roommate is one of the things she stole. She fell asleep on a bench outside the garden and C took her back with her.

Noticeable by her short red hair and smile. Because despite her small kleptomania quirk, she's a friendly person and gets along with most people. The people she doesn't get along with are called morons and are usually people who take stuff too seriously and she hates those she doesn't let it bother her goes on with her life.

When not wearing her School Outfit, she's in a yellow tank top and brown baggy shorts and sneakers. Has nothing to do with story other than she knew Selphie.

Oh yeah, her roommate is just as carefree and easy going as she is. But sleeps alot. No one knows what happened to her old roommate. Some say she's buried deep under her stuff. Others say she never had an old roommate. And same of the more crazier stories go that her old roommate is Beth from 3-C.

Depression Moon
01-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Malaya Alyuwan

Age 18

Malaya is 24th queen of the nation Alyuwan. She was only a princess a few months ago before her mother and father were assassinated during a festival celebrating the nation's recovery from a fifteen year long war. Her parents' murderer was never found.

After her parents' death she was left to deal with responsibilty of running a country on her own. Though she was trained from an early age for that day, she had never imagined receiving it without the support of her mother and father behind her. Her parents left her the many socio-economic problems to deal with.

Though she realized these problems were affecting millions across her country, she asided from taking care of those matters. She could never get her parents death out of her mind and decided to use government money on gathering infromation and building a secret military force to murder her parent's assassin.

Her decisions leave to public dissaproval, affiliations with suspicious company, and the endangerment of the only remaining family she has left; a cousin and uncle in current rule of an allied country.

Malaya is a practiced mage she uses a set of rods in combat and most of the time isn't in the direct heat of battle.

Magic:
Cure Cura Curaga
Life
Scan
Blindna
Vox
Esuna
Protect
Shell
Reflect
Haste
Holy

leader of mortals
01-16-2010, 03:10 AM
My character, Donald, will be in the world of FF9. He is a human, and he first meets the party in the ice cavern, and he is simple comic relief in the beginning. In the Ice Cave, in the first room, you will see him frozen, and when you get near he breaks free. He then tells you that he suspects you are behind the freezing of the Ice Cavern, and will fight you (he's about as weak as Baku:p). He will then run away deeper into the cavern, and you will not meet him again in there.

When you make it to Lindblum, he will be in the street right outside the cart thingy to the business district. He is quite a bit stronger now, but if you are strong enough to kill the Black Waltz 3, he's no problem. He now drops a note when he runs away, and you have to chase him to Pinnacle Rock, and he will run away, up into the area, which you can not reach.

Later in the game, when you are in Pinnacle Rock, you meet him again, after you get the Peridot. He is much more serious now, seemingly hardened from his training. He offers to fight you again, but Garnet refuses. This is the exact dialogue...

Donald: So we meet again...
Zidane: Oh great, we don't have time for this!
Garnet: Please, we must pass!
Donald: No! I will not let you go. You will fight me!
Zidane: Come on Garnet, lets just go!

*Zidane and Garnet try to walk around him, but he blocks thier way with his axe*

Zidane: Enough of this! Step aside!
Donald: Then fight me! Are you scared?
Zidane: No!
Donald: Do you not care for your pride? Will you back down like a child?
Zidane: We have something more important to do!
Donald: And what's that? What is more important than your pride?
Zidane: Lindblum is! Tell me, what have you been training for? To kill us? To kill us because you value you "Honor" more than hundreds of innocent lives?
Donald: ...
Zidane: You are selfish. You fight for the wrong reasons. You are the child, not me!
Donald: ...

*Donald puts his axe away and steps out of Zidane and Garnet's way, and Zidane and Garnet make thier way for the exit. Right before the exit, you hear...*

Donald: Wait!

*Donald jumps down next to you*

Donald: Maybe you are right. Maybe I do need to try harder to help people, but.... how?
Zidane: Well, come with us!
Donald: You would really allow me to travel with you, even after all I have done?
Zidane: Of course! We could use all the help we can get!
Donald: ... Thank you
Zidane: No problem! And don't worry, I'll give you that rematch, just as soon as this is all over.
Donald: I'll be looking forward to it!

*All leave*

Donald's weapons are the axe. It has slightly less attack than the swords Steiner use. Donald's build is to have a lot of speed and attack, and low defense. He can use light or heavy armor. His skills are very, very odd. Here is a skill list...

Slam: Picks an enemy up and slams them down, doing half of the damage done to the enemy chosen to the other enemies in battle. The damage caps at half the enemies max HP. Cost: 12 MP

Volley: Throws an enemy into the air and keeps them in the air with continuous strikes. Does good damage to one enemy, about 1.5 times his normal attack. Cost: 8 MP

Twister: Spins around fast enough to create a tornado, which picks up all enemies and drops them to the ground.

I'll edit this later, my mom is bugging me for the computer. Gotta go upstairs.

Rodney
01-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Oh, good! I was reluctant to name one of my own (I have three -- one from 7, one from 10, one from 12 -- with a fourth one on the way once 13 is out) because I thought everyone would find it idiotic, but here's one now. I'll go in chronological order and use mine from 7.

Name: Levi Rinno
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 115 lbs.

It's not actually his real name. He was born in Corel as Axil Wallace to proud parents Barret and Myrna Wallace, and his godfather was Dyne, Barret's best friend. Axil spent the first nine years of his life growing up with his parents in Corel and making tons of friends, despite his slight shyness.

However, life as he knew it ended when the Shinra burned down Corel. He'd been playing with some of his friends at the time, but when the town caught fire, he ran to find Myrna, but was injured when a beam fell on his head. He was out cold for a long while, but he had no memory of his past when he woke up. The first thing he saw was several dead, charred bodies from the fire. It scared him so much, he ran out of Corel and just ran as far as could to get away from there. Because of his disappearance, not only did Barret wind up finding out that Myrna had died, but that his son was presumed dead.

After traveling for miles and for hours, Axil collapsed not far from Cosmo Canyon. He was found there by Nanaki/Red XIII, who was on patrol of the area and found him there. His first thought was to eat the child, but he ultimately decided to bring him to Bugenhagen. Once there, he was nursed back to health. But he still had no memory of who he was. All he had was a memento he was given when he was young -- a picture in a locket of himself and his parents taken when he was a baby. So with no name that he knew of, he chose his own. After reading a book of summoning monsters on The Planet, he was taken by the water summon, Leviathan, and took the first two syllables as his first name. He took his new last name from . . . well . . . let's say a former resident of Cosmo Canyon. So Levi Rinno was created.

Once fully healthy, Levi spent the next four years growing up in Cosmo Canyon. As well as playing with the other children there, as well as Nanaki, he learned some things about the planet from Bugenhagen, as well as learned a bit about Spirit Energy. He also learned from another one of the elders not only about how to speak to the Planet, but also to communicate with it through music. Levi took up playing the flute, and once he'd gotten really good at it, he learned how use it to talk to the Planet. Eventually, when he was old enough to go into battle, he learned communicating with the Planet through music would give him strength in battle.

Of course, in his music studies, he also had a rival named Jana, his teacher's granddaughter. He managed to be better than she was in every facet of their studies. And being favored over her by her grandfather eventually drove her mad, though no one in Cosmo Canyon realized it at the time.

One day, not too long before the events of 7 started, Levi realized, after having a few memory flashes of his life in Corel, that he was ready to go out into the world and find out who he was. But Bugenhagen, not knowing if it was a good idea for him to go alone, sent Nanaki to go with him. So they traveled a fairly long way together in search of any hint of Levi's past. Wherever they went, they'd have to take the focus Nanaki's ability to speak by Levi passing him off as his dog, which Nanaki reluctantly agreed to. But on the way, their journey was cut short when he and Nanaki were captured by the Shinra and shuttled directly to the Shinra building, where Nanaki was subjected to countless experiments from Hojo and Levi was imprisoned in the same cells that Cloud and the rest of the party would be imprisoned in later. (You know, the ones on the sixty-seventh floor.) He was held captive there for weeks, helpless to help Nanaki, who'd eventually been dubbed "Red XIII."

Levi escapes during one of his feedings, but some soldiers gave chase as they try to recapture him. He runs all the way to Wall Market, where Cloud and the party meet him during their second visit there (en route to rescuing Aeris). They see the soldiers after him and fight them to save him. After he officially meets Cloud, Barret, and Tifa, he agrees to help them find and rescue Aeris, but he needs their help in saving his "dog." Of course, he suddenly realizes that he recognizes Barret from his picture and knows right away that he must be his father. But he stays quiet about it until he knows for certain.

Long after Red XIII and Aeris were rescued, Levi traveled with the party and, along with them, met Yuffie and Cait Sith. At one point before Cosmo Canyon, Red XIII got kidnapped by Jana, who was looking to take away someone Levi cared about, just as he'd taken her grandfather's attention from her. After chasing her down, Levi, Cloud, and one other party member chosen by the player had to fight Jana and some cohorts of hers, rescuing Red XIII after being victorious (though Levi is actually the sole person to fight her).

After meeting Vincent and Cid, going through the other events of the game (including Aeris's death and temporarily losing Cloud), and shaking off more than their fair share of crises, the party can optionally meet Jana again, but ONLY during the time that either Tifa or Cid is leading the party, and ONLY if they visit Bone Village during that time, where she attacks them again. (It MUST be done to get his final Limit and ultimate weapon, which can be received from her grandfather as a way of apologizing to Levi for what she put him and Red XIII through.) After Cloud returns to the party, Levi finally reveals to the rest of the party his connection to Barret en route to meeting Bugenhagen following the final Huge Materia mission, and after getting the last of his memories back (including his real name, though the party still opts to call him Levi), a joyous reunion ensues. Then, the remainder of the game's events happen, and afterwards, he opts to go back to Midgar with Barret to meet his new adoptive sister, Marlene, and reconnect with his father.

Being related to Barret, Levi appears young and black. His build is very slender, and he wears clothing typical to that of the Cosmo Canyon citizens (though after he started living there; while living as Axil, he wore a gray T-shirt and blue pants). Since 7 didn't have a character to fill the role or archetype, Levi fills the "energetic young boy" role (the roles filled by Palom, Gau, Zell, Vivi, and upcoming character Hope). On the Highwind, he always stands near Red XIII since the two of them are the closest. In terms of other relationships to the party, he likes pretty much everyone, but as well as Red XIII, he talks to Yuffie often (if you find and recruit her), and he talks to Barret (secretly trying to learn about his father). He was one of the ones heavily devastated by Aeris's death, as, like Yuffie, he needed comfort from Cloud, as well.

In battle, Levi is strong with magic, but because of his weak physical stats, he is recommended to be in the back row. His weapons include various flutes and, in a case or two, a piccolo. His weapons include:

Flute (starting weapon, four Materia slots)
Mythril Flute (four Materia slots)
Bronze Flute (six Materia slots)
Silver Flute (six Materia slots)
Gold Flute (eight Materia slots)
Brass Flute (five Materia slots)*
Iron Flute (six Materia slots)*
Recorder (no Materia slots)
Piccolo (no Materia slots)
Iron Piccolo (no Materia slots)
Parader (six Materia slots)
Maestro (eight Materia slots)
Masterpiece (eight Materia slots)
Showstopper (ultimate weapon, no Materia growth, received from Jana's grandfather)

*This is a weapon with double the material growth.

His Limits, named after musical and band terms and used with the help of "communicate with The Planet through music" teachings, are:

Level 1
Largo (damages enemies and inflicts Slow and Poison; starting Limit)
Presto (heals all allies by 1/4 max HP and casts Haste; use Largo six times)

Level 2
Piano (attacks all enemies with giant musical notes ten times, inflicts Silence; finish off 50 enemies)
Crescendo (heals all allies by 1/2 max HP and casts Regen; use Piano seven times)

Level 3
Parade Rest (damages enemies with Spirit Energy bursts sixteen times and inflicts Stop; finish off 100 enemies)
Pure Trio (heals all allies to max HP and casts Haste and Regen; use Parade Rest eight times)

Level 4
Grand Concerto (summons spirits of fourteen orchestra members, each of whom strikes an enemy once; receive from Jana's grandfather)

In addition to this, Levi "appears" in AC, now fifteen and with new clothes, when the rest of the party shows up to fight the monsters, and near the end of DoC, now sixteen.

Whew. Very elaborate, yes, but I've worked on this one for years.

Depression Moon
01-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Unique character you have there Rodney.

NeoCracker
01-18-2010, 06:33 AM
I would be from FF VIII, and my name would be Jack T. Ripper.

I think you can figure out the rest. :p

Rodney
01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
Unique character you have there Rodney.
Thanks, and I'm only one-third done. Still gotta post about my 10 and 12 ones, but that won't be till another day or so.

Mercen-X
01-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Damn easy! Azure the Prophet:

Azure, naturally, has blue eyes. His hair color is of no consequence since it's never fully visible under the the wraps that contain his face and its always changing color anyway.
He usually wears a bit of blue (clothing similar to Cloud's SOLDIER suit) with a white cape. He has the natural ability to levitate himself and to transcend beyond reality. This allows him to take part in any universe he so chooses.
He at times goes by the name of Azureal Starwind, his father's name who was a hero who already saved the universe from destruction by combining with his future bride Galax to thwart the evil planets that existed only to destroy.
Naturally, as a prophet, Azure can foretell the future and can take steps to assure the path he's taking is the right one.

His friends would be Vincent, my original character Ninja Rain from FF7 (kindalike Kakashi), Zero from my re-envisioned FF8 (looks like Vash), and Kane from my re-envisioned FF7.

His most incredible attack would have to be Banishment which he uses to send a foe's mind to another dimension. He can only teleport his own matter thus cannot teleport a foe's body anywhere.

Rodney
04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
I said I'd get back to this sooner, but it ended up taking months due to schoolwork, as well as my current project under the Writer's Corner area. But I've finally got a break, so here's my next one. This one being for 10.

Name: Chico Ronso
Height: 4'5"
Weight: 81 lbs.

No. Don't be fooled by the last name. He's not a Ronso. Truthfully, Chico is a human. How he wound up taking the last name "Ronso" is a long story -- part of his backstory that begins well before he was born.

A year-and-a-half after Braska defeated Sin, Luca native Rinno met Kilika native Levia (since FF likes using names as callbacks, then why not me, too?), and over time, they fell in love. They were married and, before long, found out they were expecting their first child. They decided to leave both of their original lives behind them and start a new life somewhere else, and chose Besaid. So after packing up all of their belongings, they headed off to Besaid by boat.

Unfortunately, their boat was attacked by Sin when they were just off the coast of Besaid, and both Levia and Rinno were thrown overboard and were eventually washed up on the beach on the brink of death. Luckily, they were found by none other than Kimahri, who quickly brought them back to the village, and they were nursed back to health in the temple. Upon finding out from a nun in the temple that Kimahri had saved them, they called him to thank him and became friends with him. Eventually, Levia and Rinno recovered from their injuries, and luckily, Levia found out she hadn't lost the baby in the accident.

Levia and Rinno finally got their new life in Besaid started and fit in almost right away with the other Besaid residents. However, they actually spent much of their time with Kimahri and became close with him very quickly. And that was good, too, because that'd definitely be needed for the tragedy that was about to befall the couple.

Exactly three years to do the day Braska defeated Sin, Levia gave birth to her and Rinno's first (and what would end up being only) child, a boy, and they named him Chico. Unfortunately, they got very little time with their son. Giving birth ended up taking heavy big a toll on Levia's body, and she died a full day after Chico's birth. Rinno followed two days later when some fiends attacked him just outside of Besaid Village. This left the question of who'd raise Chico up in the air . . . until the temple summoner discovered a sphere they'd kept. It contained Levia and Rinno's recorded will, in which they expressly stated that due to their close friendship with Kimahri, they wanted him to raise their son as his own. Well, given that Kimahri was quite awkward around children, of course he was apprehensive. But it was thanks to encouragement from Yuna that he ultimately decided to do it, especially since Yuna promised that she, Wakka, Lulu, and the then-alive Chappu would help him whenever he'd need it, as well as the rest of the village. Hence, Chico having "Ronso" as his last name. Kimahri adopted him.

Leading up to the events of 10, Chico spent the entire first seven years of his life growing up in Besaid under Kimahri's watchful eye. When he was old enough to walk and talk, he often played with Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, and Chappu. However, to make sure his newly-adopted son was strong, Kimahri began training him for battle from a fairly early age -- three. During his training, he found that he had an innate ability to actually commune with the fiends in the wild, a handy ability, indeed, for such a small boy, and soon learned the ways of a trainer. Of course, Chico also learned something else -- to not talk to people his father neither liked nor trusted. So whenever he saw that Kimahri didn't like or trust someone, he knew to avoid him or her.

Eventually, when Yuna became a summoner, it was a given that Wakka, Lulu, and Kimahri would be her guardians. However, despite him being only seven, she asked Kimahri if Chico could be, as well, since both of them knew it'd be a great chance to test how strong Kimahri's training had made Chico. Kimahri agreed, so he became her youngest guardian.

And that leads up to the events of 10. After the party met Tidus, Chico took to him right away and wanted to speak to him, but seeing that his father totally despised and distrusted him, he was sadly forced not to say a word to him. At least until Kimahri finally spoke to him after Operation Mi'ihen. But before then, he only ever talked to Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, Auron, or his father. Also, Chico felt much jealously toward Yuna (though at the same time, he liked her) due to the amount of attention Kimahri would give her over him. This had him doubting if Kimahri loved or even cared about him at all. (He did.)

Unfortunately, while he was well-liked by the party, he found himself the target of some non-party members' hatred. While to this day, I, personally, am unsure as to whether they truly hated Kimahri or were just messing with him, Biran and Yenke hated Chico because he was a human boy being raised by a Ronso, an honor they thought no human deserved. They also thought it made Kimahri even weaker for daring to raise a human son. So as hard a time they gave Kimahri, Chico would get an even harder one, actually getting physically pushed around when he tried to stand up for himself.

And as a side note (but one I won't dwell on as much), he bonded quickly with Pacce over being young guardians, and the fact that they technically may have seemed too young to be as such, but were still doing fine despite it. And as with most young boys, Chico nursed a crush (that was obviously one-sided) on the teenage Rikku when they met her on the Moonflow.

For the most part, Chico's main story arc throughout the game's events are getting over his jealousy toward Yuna (made easier by Yuna's assurances toward him that he has nothing to be jealous of, as Kimahri truly does love him), proving to Biran and Yenke that he's not weak for being raised by a Ronso, and the black-and-white reality he'd always lived due to his youthful innocence naivete (that summoners will beat Sin and that all will be well in Spira, and that Al Bhed are bad while everyone else is good) getting completely shattered when he finds out what actually happens to summoners who defeat Sin (he's nearly, though not quite, as devastated as Tidus, despite his jealousy of Yuna), the Al Bhed aren't quite so bad, and that the Guado are the (mostly) evil ones. During the game, his main interactions are always with Kimahri (who picks him up and throws him up an awful lot), though they're always silent. Because his father doesn't speak a lot, he always knows what Kimahri is telling him through his motions, gestures, and facial expressions and knows how to act accordingly, a sign of how close the two of them are.

During the transitional period between 10 and 10-2, when Kimahri was chosen to be the new elder of the Ronso and moved back home to Mt. Gagazet, Chico, of course, now nine years old, was taken with him. And during that game's events, Chico probably had it worse with Garik than he'd ever had it with Biran and Yenke. While they'd only pushed him around without actually striking him, in the scene in which Garik finally punches Kimahri, Chico tries to stand up for him and gets the taste slapped out of his mouth. (Though it's not helped that despite being a human, Garik found out that Kimahri had hand-picked Chico to be his heir.) Also, there's a "hidden" mission in which he's kidnapped by Logos and Ormi while trying to get a sphere for the Gullwings that he'd found somewhere on Gagazet.

In 10, Chico's regular job class is trainer. It works like a combination of 5's trainer and 10-2's trainer. Like 5, he can capture fiends, but in this case, only specific ones -- certain beasts, lizards, and birds, as well as coeurls, behemoths, dragons, and even Tonberrys (and some others, but I can't think of those right now). And he only has to tame one of each kind. And better yet, when he uses them, they won't be released. Like 10-2's trainer, he can have them fight for him. Only in something not thought up yet, he actually starts out fighting on his own, using whips in battle. He can call on a fiend he's tamed to take his place in battle (similar to how Yuna calls her aeons, only they replace everyone, while Chico's fiends only replace him) until it's either knocked out or dismissed.

However, Chico's job class becomes a geomancer when he hits his Overdrive, only it's labeled as "Lay of the Land" in the battle menu. He can learn a variety of attacks pertaining to a particular environment just by fighting in it once, then turning the battlefield into that environment when he uses a move corresponding to it. He becomes uncontrollable from the moment he uses his Overdrive until he's either knocked out or the battle ends.

In addition, while he uses whips for his weapons, coats are used for his various armors. His celestial weapon is a powerful whip named Call of the Wild.

Like my 7 character, Levi, Chico fills the role/archetype of the "energetic young boy," since none of the actual characters filled the role in 10.

Whew. That was longer than my summary for Levi, I'll bet. But still, that's my 10/10-2 character.

Soon as I get the chance, my 12 one is next.

Jiro
04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
I would be a less whiny version of Hope I guess.

Rebellious Eagle
04-04-2010, 03:00 PM
If I were a character...I'd like to be in V the most. ;)
I'd be a monk or a martial artist of some sort. And I'd sort of just tag along for the ride after being rescued from ExDeath's castle and make fun of Galuf the whole time.