PDA

View Full Version : Slip/trip/fall!

Fujiko
01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I got the idea of this thread after reading Jess' "clumsies" thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/129276-clumsies.html).

Are you one of those people who can't contain your laughter when you see someone slip, trip and fall? Like on slippery roads on winter days or the like? Do you find it funny? Hilarious? Do you feel somewhat bad about finding it funny (even though you really can't help it)?

I'm usually one of those ppl: if I see someone slip and fall (esp during the winter on icy, slippery roads) or someone trips and rolls down a flight of stairs or falls off a bicycle (or tips over to the ground with the bicycle cause the road was too slippery) I burst out laughing. I try not to be rude about it, so I usually try my best to contain it or just look away, but it rarely ever works (though I do walk up to whomever fell to ask if he/she is okay).

I can't help but find it hilarious even when it happens to me, and I laugh to my heart's content in spite of the pain I might be in.
I've always been this way, and I don't really know why. I guess people look so funny when they slip, trip, fall, walk into things etc. And what I find immensely hilarious is when the roads are slippery and someone slips and flaps their arms in circular motions until they fall on their butt. :bigsmile:

So, does this ever happen to you? Do you find it funny/hilarious when someone slips/trips/falls etc? To the extent of you laughing out loud?

Be honest! :chuckle: :bigsmile:

Rodarian
01-16-2010, 07:03 PM
I just give a :sweatdrop look of discomfort.... if that happened to someone....

Mercen-X
01-16-2010, 07:57 PM
I watch FMV and laugh at pretty much everything they show.
It usually depends on the outcome. If there's a serious injury involved, I cringe and wonder if they're alright and I can't stand people who can laugh at someone who's suffered a tremendous injury. People ramming themselves into walls are hilarious. People rammed into walls with some object jutting out of it make my stomach churn.

NorthernChaosGod
01-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Lol, I never feel bad about it though, I didn't make them fall.

blackmage_nuke
01-17-2010, 06:34 AM
My humour standards are a bit higher than that, I usually ask if theyre alright.

Vermachtnis
01-17-2010, 06:39 AM
I love laughing at people when they fall. Unless I see blood, then I get all queasy and go away.

Jiro
01-17-2010, 11:44 AM
My reaction is usually something along the lines of "oh shi-"*cringe* I might chuckle to myself if they are obviously uninjured.

Rantz
01-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Falling humour is classic. I think I'd contain my laughter if I don't know the person falling, or if there seems to be a serious injury involved. Otherwise I'll laugh my bottom off while helping them up. :}

Raistlin
01-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I laugh because I enjoy the suffering of others.

Mercen-X
01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
ALRIGHT! We GET it. You're a horrible person. Please, now go away, yes?
My humour standards are a bit higher than that, I usually ask if theyre alright.
My gf's standard of humor is also raised. She and some of her friends claim they don't like dumb humor and can't laugh at people who are similar to Will Ferrell.
You know, someone like me (who can appreciate any humor as long as it wasn't deliberately thought up by someone who does not know what humor is) would imagine there to be no inbetween. But somehow, that's where my girlfriend is. She can't laugh at South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, or most actors from SNL. And yet, if you tell her an intelligent joke, it flies right over her pretty little head. Some things meant to be humorous she can't help taking a little too seriously.

NorthernChaosGod
01-18-2010, 01:19 AM
I laugh because I enjoy the suffering of others.
Doesn't everyone?

My gf's standard of humor is also raised. She and some of her friends claim they don't like dumb humor and can't laugh at people who are similar to Will Ferrell.
You know, someone like me (who can appreciate any humor as long as it wasn't deliberately thought up by someone who does not know what humor is) would imagine there to be no inbetween. But somehow, that's where my girlfriend is. She can't laugh at South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, or most actors from SNL. And yet, if you tell her an intelligent joke, it flies right over her pretty little head. Some things meant to be humorous she can't help taking a little too seriously.

Sounds like she's just trying to justify having no sense of humor.

Shoeberto
01-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Usually my first instinct is one of concern, and if they're okay and seem to be making light of it I'll join in. Otherwise it's really just kind of a dick thing, instinctively laughing at people when they've hurt themselves.

krissy
01-18-2010, 02:12 AM
i can't watch this crap i literally can't do it
afv is painful to watch
skate videos are painful to watch

blackmage_nuke
01-18-2010, 01:46 PM
ALRIGHT! We GET it. You're a horrible person. Please, now go away, yes?
I do laugh when its a cartoon or something, but I dont laugh when people are actually hurt.

~*~Celes~*~
01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
I love laughing at people when they fall. Unless I see blood, then I get all queasy and go away.

Mercen-X
01-19-2010, 06:19 PM
afv is painful to watch

I HATE SKATE CRASHES! Somebody bleed my brain!

Jess
01-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Falling humour is classic. I think I'd contain my laughter if I don't know the person falling, or if there seems to be a serious injury involved. Otherwise I'll laugh my bottom off while helping them up. :}
This! :jess:

Zeldy
01-19-2010, 06:32 PM
I was slipping all over the place when it was icy, it was terrible! Our pavements were like ice-rinks. I managed to catch myself mostly, I fell pretty badly outside a friends house on the kerb, and all her family had to say was "I hope you haven't dented our kerb!" as I was complaining about my sore bottom!

I find it hilarious when people, or myself, fall. It's just funny!

Vermachtnis
01-19-2010, 07:11 PM
afv is painful to watch

I HATE SKATE CRASHES! Somebody bleed my brain!

Oooooh! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Riof3CoMtfY)

Shiny
01-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Person: *falls*
Me: "...You okay?"

This occurs every time unless I don't like them then it's just "...".

The only instance where I could say I laughed at a person falling is just because the position in which they fell was really awkward. They fell and some how their butt was high up in the air and their head face down.

blackmage_nuke
01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Johnny?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/misc_/sles_01370_20012010_092925_0030.png

Shiny
01-19-2010, 11:31 PM
Hahaha, yes like that! Where is that from?

krissy
01-19-2010, 11:51 PM
metal gear solid