PDA

View Full Version : A special birthday to...

Rye
01-16-2010, 07:47 PM
The EoFF Event Committee!

Hooray! Happy Birthday. Thanks to you guys and your support, we've been going strong for a year, bringing you fun events and activities to keep you kids off the streets. :kaoclove:

Thanks to everyone in the Event Committee for their hard work. You should be really proud, guys.

We'd also like to give a big thank you to Del Murder, because he's the admin who gave us the EC forum and a chance to show that we were serious about making events for the forum! :cool:

A few people had some things to say when I asked them about how they felt about Del Murder's role with helping the EC:

You might not guess it from how he acts on the forums, but Del Murder is one of the most progressive staff members EoFF has. He's constantly trying to improve EoFF in many different ways, and has come up with and held the reins of countless projects and events that have helped shape EoFF over the years. Thanks, Del, for being around and for always being amazing.

Del Murder has always been there. I think that is a good way to describe him! He's never shirked from his duty as a staff member. I say duty, well, I don't think it is for him. To me it looks like he has a lot of fun doing what he does.
Also I was promised a roast and damnit a roast is what we'll have: Del is one of our most senior members. During his many years at Eyes on, he gained an admin title, which is good because it matches the colour of his hair. :dot:

Del Murder is the sexiest, smartest, and funniest guy to ever grace these forums. EoFF is lucky to have him! :snuggle:

and...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/Unknowns2/poster5a1878117911c850f7a29f3ee2805.jpg

Thanks again for the input in the favorite event thread, guys. Sorry for the trickery. :love:

Rodarian
01-16-2010, 08:01 PM
You guys are the greatest !! :love: :taolove:

LunarWeaver
01-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Happy birthday to this occasion.

Shlup
01-17-2010, 12:47 AM
I am traumatized by that depiction of T-money. He is a handsome dude.

Happy Birthday, EC. More cute things plz.

Del Murder
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Haha, I'm flattered.

The EC rocks. It's the second forum I check when I sign on, after Staff Forum. The non-staff members in the committee deserve most of the credit, though, especially Rye, without whom I doubt this thing would have lasted more than 2 months. She's really awesome.

Thank you Rye and the Events Committee for bringing tons of fun to this place.

Breine
01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Happy Birthday to the EC :beer:

Let's hope there will be many more of these to come!

Rye
01-17-2010, 10:27 PM
You're too nice, Del. xD

This milestone makes me want to e-party. We've been planning some February Valentine's Events and thinking about some for the time in between.

And like always: if you're interested in helping out, even if only once and a while because of a busy schedule, you're more than welcome to join.

Marshall Banana
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
I'll try to come up with a short song about Murder. Then I'll sing it and post it.

Hmm.

AntRid
01-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Has it been a year already?
Seriously has it? I only joined last week.

Congrats guys!

Shiny
01-17-2010, 11:38 PM
Good job Events Committee and Del Murder and that disturbing picture...

Del Murder
01-18-2010, 07:00 AM
One great thing about the event committee is that anyone can join. There is no bureaucratic red tape to go through, just pm Rye or an admin and you'll be let right in. Also don't worry if you don't have a lot of events to suggest, you only need to actively participate in the discussion process to remain a member.

Jiro
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
This "actively participate" thing is what scares me off. If I don't have something new to contribute I keep quiet so it makes me look like I'm not there :(

But hella yes well done EC and Del. *celebratory dance*

Rye
01-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Actively participate basically means either post once and a while in threads about events (saying if you think x event is a good idea, what could be improved, what could be added/taken away, etc) or propose events. It's really not too bad. If you're an active poster on EoFF, it's nothing that you don't already do. Don't be scared! :)

Goldenboko
01-18-2010, 05:10 PM
Jiro, you never know if you don't try ;)

Good job everyone, it's been a good year! I really hope we get some new blood, not taking anything away from current peeps, just think we need a few more!

I mean with that said, obviously the entire forum can't join, otherwise surprise events wouldn't be surprising. Oh, now look at me just rambling. =P

Anyway, *hi-fives* all around.

qwertysaur
01-19-2010, 01:49 AM
yay Event Committee! I kinda feel like making a happy birthday thread in the offsite forum that we had before the EoFF one existed :p

Marshall Banana
01-19-2010, 05:14 AM
Actually, I will send a Disney Enchanted Call to Murder, if I can get his number (doubtful, though)! Jeremy said that my song is mean or something.

I can send three other Disney Enchanted Calls, too! Who wants one?

Currently, calls are not available to residents of ID, WA, GA, KY, MS, NE, TN, and LA.

Rye
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM
What was the original song? =O I bet it was okay.

Marshall Banana
01-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Murder, Murder, go away.
Take your four eyes far away.
If you don't do as I say,
I'll make sure your four eyes BLEED.

I don't mean it, though. It's just a song!

Del Murder
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
:eek:

Raistlin
01-19-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't think "mean" is the right word for that.

demondude
01-19-2010, 09:19 PM
I'd love to join because I always held competitions here, but I'll annoy everyone away. Happy birthday EC!

NeoCracker
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Actually, I will send a Disney Enchanted Call to Murder, if I can get his number (doubtful, though)! Jeremy said that my song is mean or something.

Currently, calls are not available to residents of ID, WA, GA, KY, MS, NE, TN, and LA.

What exactly IS an Enchanted Call?

Rye
01-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Murder, Murder, go away.

:kaocry2:

NeoCracker
01-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Murder, Murder, go away.

:kaocry2:

No reason to cry, it's good she's expressing her emotions.

Of course, I think I just look forward to seeing her actually do it...

Marshall Banana
01-19-2010, 10:06 PM

https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disney/

NeoCracker
01-19-2010, 10:10 PM
xD

That has got to be the stranges, and yet brilliant money making ploy I've seen for some time. XD

Were I not in Idaho, and it didn't cost anything, I'd totally want one.

Marshall Banana
01-19-2010, 10:17 PM
I don't have to pay for them, because I have enough Disney Rewards points! I can give four calls, guys!

NeoCracker
01-19-2010, 10:18 PM
...CURSE YOU IDAHO!

*Shakes fist*

Marshall Banana
01-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Doesn't anyone else want one!?

Kishi, I need your testimony. Didn't you love your Enchanted call?

NeoCracker
01-19-2010, 11:00 PM
You should totally set up calls to random people from the phone book. XD

Raistlin
01-19-2010, 11:21 PM
https://secure.uvoxnetworks.com/disney/

... Wow. *shakes head*

Rye
01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
My enchanted call never went through that time! One day... ;__;

Captain Maxx Power
01-20-2010, 11:38 AM
We have an event committee? Why?

Rantz
01-20-2010, 05:43 PM
To commit events.

Agent Proto
01-22-2010, 08:37 PM
We have an event committee? Why?

The committee organizes and plans future events. Without it, we'd just have random events happening whenever a host feels like doing one, and sometimes events overlap without proper planning.

Actually, I'm not the person to ask, I'm in the EC for the babes. :cool:

Rye
01-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Geoff, you lady killer! :hux: