PDA

View Full Version : Best of the worst

blackmage_nuke
01-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Of those knocked out in the first round of Del's tournament, who is your favourite

Banon
Strago
Umaro
Setzer
Relm
Gau
Gogo
Leo

Wolf Kanno
01-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Setzer, he's one of my favorite characters in the game. :cool:

Raistlin
01-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Definitely Setzer. He was unlucky in the first-round pairings.

EDIT: I mean, THE GAME WAS RIGGED!!! :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Saber
01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah I picked Setzer even though his doom darts never really kill anything :P

Del Murder
01-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I picked the old man because I'm a sucker for blue mages.

Vermachtnis
01-17-2010, 06:19 PM
Relm, because she's awesome.

Inferno
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Strago because
magic > tossing coins !

RedPouch
01-24-2010, 04:51 AM
Gau, because I love wild guys.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[!]Session data[/!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Roogle
01-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I picked Setzer. I am not a fan of his character artwork, but his background story and his weapons appeal to me.

RedPouch
01-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I picked Setzer. I am not a fan of his character artwork, but his background story and his weapons appeal to me.
Some people might actually expect me to not like Setzer due to his "Carefree man with a tragic past" stereotype, but I actually don't mind that at all. His character seemed fine to me. His character artwork on the other hand was just unnerving to me. He looked like a creepy old pervert or something. I swear, I kept expecting him to reach out and grab Relm and start giggling.

Roogle
01-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Setzer was redesigned by character artist Tetsuya Nomura for Kingdom Hearts II where he makes an appearance early in the game as a returning champion in a competition. How did you feel about this redesign? I think that the long, white hair might have something to do with your perceptions because I feel the same way about him aesthetically.

blackmage_nuke
01-25-2010, 04:00 AM
I felt he was too thin, maybe because most of the time hes wearing the clumky jacket in ffvi so its not noticable so I didnt like the jacket over the shoulders thing in KH2

The Man
01-25-2010, 04:14 AM
I had to vote for Adlai Stevenson. Leo is a close second.

Flying Mullet
01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I love me a furry yeti. http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/28%20-%20Umaro.gif

Robostar
01-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah I picked Setzer even though his doom darts never really kill anything :P

lol too true Sora lol. Anyway I picked Umaro cuz he is pure awesome and he lives with moogles! http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/28%20-%20Umaro.gif < Check that pose! I think its epic!

Shiny
01-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Umaro is like a furry Mr. Universe. I'd take the card dealing over him any day.

RedPouch
01-25-2010, 07:38 PM
I actually finished the Dragon's Den and the Soul Shrine with Umaro. He's pretty powerful, as he easily seems to hit the 9999 cap with natural stats [for those that aren't aware, you can't equip espers on him, so you can't influence his stat growth]. He really isn't that bad at all.

And for the record, yes I'm already aware that it's far more useful to have another character there that can act as a healer / DD through high magic, or something else along those lines aside from the obvious bonus that you can at least control them. I just didn't really mind Umaro being in my party at all. Mostly, I enjoy watching him throwing Gau at the enemy for max damage.

Setzer was redesigned by character artist Tetsuya Nomura for Kingdom Hearts II where he makes an appearance early in the game as a returning champion in a competition. How did you feel about this redesign? I think that the long, white hair might have something to do with your perceptions because I feel the same way about him aesthetically.
I honestly don't remember at all. I'd have to go look at it sometime.

Robostar
01-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Chalk another one up for Umaro!

http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/28%20-%20Umaro.gif STRIKE!

He is bowling in this picture :]

I put Umaro in my party along with Mog. Since my Snes controller is a bit old and worn I could not do the good blitzes with Sabin so yeah. At what Lvl could his damage get to 9999? I dont think my Umaro got past 7XXX dmg.

RedPouch
01-26-2010, 04:09 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I can't remember myself. I know it's not 99 though. I'm pretty sure that it's not even a 9x level.

I had Mog in my party too! I only did it because I thought his sprite looked cute. I actually took the time to make Mog really powerful.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden">[!]Session data[/!]<input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Roogle
01-26-2010, 05:19 AM
I honestly don't remember at all. I'd have to go look at it sometime.

The Kingdom Hearts Wiki article for Setzer (http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Setzer) contains a picture of his new look by Tetsuya Nomura and a detailed description of his wardrobe and role in Kingdom Hearts II.

Jiro
01-26-2010, 08:26 AM
:ffvisexy: No contest.

Flying Mullet
01-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Chalk another one up for Umaro!

http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/28%20-%20Umaro.gif STRIKE!

He is bowling in this picture :]
I'd never thought of it this way, but yes, it does look like he's bowling. :)

Robostar
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Umaro is the life of the party! No wonder those Moogles dance all the time in the Moogle Cave. Nonstop fun when Umaro is around. :P I made Mog my magic guy for the team double cast ultima and that magic box relic and Gogo just mimiced Mog lol.