PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine

Rye
01-17-2010, 04:06 PM
After ages of grey and snow, today it's about 50 °F, and so sunny that it feels warmer. All of the snow and ice are gone. The temperature was just about perfect.

I spent many hours outside walking. I went for a walk by the canal and I swan a pretty black swan. I had some fruit smoothies as well. It was a really great refreshingly sunny day.

What do you like to do on nice sunny days?

Levian
01-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't need much more than bringing a big radio outside and just laying on the grass feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin. Joy.

Getting up to play http://www.northvegr.org/family/kubb/imgs/beach_kubb.jpg every once in a while with good friends isn't so bad either. :D

rubah
01-17-2010, 06:27 PM
This summer, while I was waiting for my second class to start, I would go outside to the little concrete patio adjacent to the construction that was happening, and just lie on the steps basking. Between the heat of the summer and the sounds of construction, it was a very close atmosphere, a lot like a blanket.

Raistlin
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
I'll occasionally go for a run. Back at college some of my friends and I would play tennis. Sometimes good weather can also motivate me to go to the gym or play basketball or something else physical, too.

leader of mortals
01-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, the only time I go outside unless it's with friends or family or some sort of chore is at night. I prefer the calmness of twilight, when the sun isn't on the sky, but you can still see, or the calmness of night, when there are no cars out and you can walk in peace and quiet.

Bunny
01-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Getting up to play http://www.northvegr.org/family/kubb/imgs/beach_kubb.jpg every once in a while with good friends isn't so bad either. :D

So Kubb is a game where you large dildos through the air? Do you try to make them into a hole or is throwing the dildo the only part that actually matters?

I hate the sun and wish it would implode.

~*~Celes~*~
01-18-2010, 05:13 PM
This summer, while I was waiting for my second class to start, I would go outside to the little concrete patio adjacent to the construction that was happening, and just lie on the steps basking. Between the heat of the summer and the sounds of construction, it was a very close atmosphere, a lot like a blanket.

I went with my friend Laura to University of Toledo the day she was getting her parking pass etc. 'twas a gorgeous summer day with construction going on and I found the construction noises to be comforting as well.

As for what I usually do on warm sunny days, I like to just go out in my backyard and sit in a lawn chair and just...relax. As soon as I get a laptop I'll be spending probably all day outside when it gets to be warm enough.

Rye
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM

I went with my friend Laura to University of Toledo the day she was getting her parking pass etc. 'twas a gorgeous summer day with construction going on and I found the construction noises to be comforting as well.

As for what I usually do on warm sunny days, I like to just go out in my backyard and sit in a lawn chair and just...relax. As soon as I get a laptop I'll be spending probably all day outside when it gets to be warm enough.

Just make sure you get one of those air circulatory things to put on your lap under your laptop so that you don't burn your lap and that your laptop gets proper ventilation! I didn't know those existed until after I got a laptop and my summer consisted of burnt thighs and an overheating laptop. xDDD

smittenkitten
01-18-2010, 07:43 PM
When it's a really sunny day which is REALLY rare in Scotland I put on a summery dress and me & Daniel go lie in Princes Street Gardens. If not that then we stay in because we are so lazy. ^^

Zeldy
01-19-2010, 12:08 AM
I can't wait for Summer in college, when you just chill on the benches outside, or lying on the field smoking cigarettes and playing football. I skip too many lessons because of this though!

Raistlin
01-19-2010, 12:26 AM
I played basketball outside earlier today with some friends. It was high-50s and very nice outside. *points and laughs at all the northern people*

Shlup
01-19-2010, 12:32 AM
I like to sit out on my porch and read. Though I also like to do that on rainy days, like today, which is what I did.

I also like to walk to the grocier and shop for produce, or go to an outdoor mall, or ride BJ's bike around the block.

Vermachtnis
01-19-2010, 01:26 AM
I miss the snow :(

I do like not having a ton of blankets on bed.

qwertysaur
01-19-2010, 01:51 AM
sit in the grass barefoot and read a book or play on a handheld. :D

Also freewriting outside is fun

erikramza
01-19-2010, 05:28 AM
The rain does for me what the sun does for most of you.

Madame Adequate
01-19-2010, 07:39 AM
On sunny days I like to stay indoors with the curtains drawn and the lights on.

Breine
01-19-2010, 08:37 AM
I don't need much more than bringing a big radio outside and just laying on the grass feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin. Joy.

Word!

~*~Celes~*~
01-19-2010, 01:10 PM

Just make sure you get one of those air circulatory things to put on your lap under your laptop so that you don't burn your lap and that your laptop gets proper ventilation! I didn't know those existed until after I got a laptop and my summer consisted of burnt thighs and an overheating laptop. xDDD
that sounds just plain tragic :o but i shall remember that, thank you~