PDA

View Full Version : Mac vs. PC

Raistlin
01-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I realize nothing can be as intense as the perennial Pop vs. Soda argument, but surely we have some avid Mac lovers and haters on here.

Even if you have no opinion on Macs or PCs, perhaps this video (http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/324cbe11af/little-asian-pc-girl-vs-mac-parody?rel=player) will change your mind. Actually everyone should watch that video. How can you not be moved by little azn girls? Warning: some naughty language.

I own a PC. Macs are for wimps and pseudo-intellectuals!

Rye
01-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I have a PC.

A Mac seems most convenient for the basic functions I use a PC for (ie: IMing, webcamming, and photo editing.) The later is supposed to be just brilliant on Macs. It's also very small and cute and has lots of organizational programs that I'd use.

On the other hand, I'm used to PCs and my laptop is already really cute and small. It's yellow even. Windows 7 is supposed to be good. Also, I'm not much of a computer gamer, except for Dwarf Fortress, which runs like :bou::bou::bou::bou: on a Mac. But DF is THAT good.

Which basically leads me to this decision: I want both! I'll probably buy a Mac laptop eventually.

Aerith's Knight
01-17-2010, 05:49 PM
PC, and never something else.

Mac. No games, no power, no freaking way!

rubah
01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't know if I could rightly explain how much I love my laptop. I love OSX-- windows makes no sense to me anymore--, I love the way it feels, looks. I love the applications and how they interact, and I love having so much *NIX-ability out of the box, but really, perhaps most of all, I love this goddamned touchpad. I can hardly use my parents laptops anymore; those touchpads are so small, and there's no multitouch functions!

I bought my first Macbook Pro when they newly switched to the intel processors. I was going to triple boot!!111 As it ended up, I had no use of windows for two years afterwards, only setting up BootCamp for AutoCAD. I have ditched it since, using Parallels instead of run any windows apps I might fancy. As for linux: there's no need, really.

Breine
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm happy having a PC.

Slothy
01-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I own a PC. Macs are for wimps and pseudo-intellectuals!

This essentially.

Bunny
01-17-2010, 08:22 PM
Mac. No games, no power, no freaking way!

wut

I've used and owned both Macs and PCs throughout my life and I prefer PCs. There is no real reason for it, I just prefer PCs.

PS One of those things is not like the other.

Raistlin
01-17-2010, 08:24 PM
There is a disappointing lack of insults in this thread. Where is the fire?

P.S. Macs are for sissies.

leader of mortals
01-17-2010, 08:35 PM
Although I've only ever had a PC, from everything I've ever heard, this picture seems to sum it up best.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll297/enderof1337/Mac_Vs_Pc.jpg

Mac is good and easy, but it doesn't become great, while PCs are harder to control and maintain, but are much more rewarding.

Of course, this is just going off of everything I have heard from both sides, not from my own experiences.

Also, I've seen a picture online of a mac and a pc next to eachother, and the pc is a cluttered mess while the mac is nice and simple, and it says ":bou::bou::bou::bou: the webcam broke! Oh well, I'll just get it fixed", and it shows a picture of a PC without a webcam and a Mac without the... err... computer. I thought it was funny :p

Depression Moon
01-17-2010, 08:42 PM
I was wondering about the differences between the two. I might come onto some money down the road and I'm wondering what kind of laptop I should get, I was thinking about a mac because I saw Octacon using one in MGS4.

rubah
01-17-2010, 08:43 PM
That image is really dumb, for many reasons. Some of them being that yes, Virginia, you can customize, hack, etc macintoshes, and you're not going to get to "150mph" on a PC without significant fans and heatsinks and at least a little knowledge of wtf you're doing.

Aerith's Knight
01-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Wouldn't you need the same level of knowledge to hack/customize a macintosh?

LowCaloriePie
01-17-2010, 09:17 PM
 <-- If you can properly see that you made the right decision. :)

Seriously, though, Macs and PCs both have their strengths and weaknesses,
and both specialize in certain things. One-sided comparisons based off of
gaming compatibility or visual/ music editing seems trite to me.

leader of mortals
01-17-2010, 09:24 PM
That image is really dumb, for many reasons. Some of them being that yes, Virginia, you can customize, hack, etc macintoshes, and you're not going to get to "150mph" on a PC without significant fans and heatsinks and at least a little knowledge of wtf you're doing.

Well, the image isn't meant to be taken literally. The image is biased to the PC's side, as you should be able to see, and I wasn't saying that the image is perfectly true, I was only saying that it seems to be the major point between Mac and PC, that Mac is easier and PC is stronger, in most cases.

Rantz
01-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Seriously, though, Macs and PCs both have their strengths and weaknesses,
and both specialize in certain things. One-sided comparisons based off of
gaming compatibility or visual/ music editing seems trite to me.

:up:

AntRid
01-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Mac and a PC are different things.

Mac is an entire package of hardware and software. Apple keep things very tight as to what can run on a mac and what can’t, making the OS more stable.

PC is much more open source. You can have a lot of variations in the hardware and anyone, with the knowledge, can develop a programme for windows which leads to a less stable but more varied OS.

I tend to lean towards the PC mainly because I hate the hardcore Mac community and Macs advertising campaign is just getting embarrassing. Reminds me of:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk47/AntRid/Final%20Forums/20020712h.gif

Peegee
01-17-2010, 11:14 PM
Macs were better than PCs until Windoze 7 came out and combined the best of linux with the worst in Microsoft.

To say one is better than another is silly. I hate mac products for no good reason and had even less reason when the first sentence was happening.

Either case, it doesn't matter. I'll never spend thousands of dollars on a laptop. That's what's retarded about it.

rubah
01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Well, the image isn't meant to be taken literally. The image is biased to the PC's side, as you should be able to see, and I wasn't saying that the image is perfectly true, I was only saying that it seems to be the major point between Mac and PC, that Mac is easier and PC is stronger, in most cases.

And I'm just saying it's an ignorant image.

Shiny
01-17-2010, 11:23 PM
I've used PC as my personal computer since I was a little tot, but now having a Mac has become mandatory. It has programs that are otherwise unusable on PC; such as Final Cut Pro. Avid also works better on a Mac. Hands down, Mac is better for what I want to do in terms of sound and visual editing, but I still prefer the interface of a PC.

Wolf Kanno
01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
I've used both and prefer one over the other depending on what I'm doing so I can't say I ever like going into this whole debate about which is better, though oddly enough, I've crashed more Macs in one year than I have for PC's in a decade so I always chuckle a bit about the whole "dependability claim". I guess I admit Mac death rays or something...

Though, I will say that I also have a great disregard for the elitist mentality among some Mac fans and the fact that Apple has sorta embraced it as a company just makes them look less appealing.

Raebus
01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I don't use image or sound editing programs alot, so I have no use for the mac. :)
So, Pc's all the way.

Mirage
01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Please specify if we're talking about hardware or software here.

Momiji
01-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I've never liked Macs.

Raistlin
01-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Please specify if we're talking about hardware or software here.

Either one, or both. The poll is just for which one you prefer (or at least use), and people will obviously have their own standards for what they like.

Rad Bromance
01-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Linux based PCs aren't PCs now?

I have a Windows based PC running Windows 7 and I like it. It does everything I want it to do with no fowl-ups and it didn't cost me much to build the system at all.

I've never been familiarized with Macs outside of school, and their hefty price tags while giving me no incentive other than "Cool people use Macs, they just work, hehehehehuk" isn't enough to interest me in paying so much money for a computer I have less customizing power over.

But I'm hardly one of those people who "hate" Macs. I'm just happy with my PC. :)

Mirage
01-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Which is why I wanted a clarification on if this was "macos" or macintosh hardware we were asked if we liked or not.

I don't have a particularly negative opinion of MacOS X or Y or whatever's most recent now. Mac hardware is overpriced, but at least the machines sometimes have a better build quality than many other manufacturers do. Not enough to make up for the extra costs though.

Meat Puppet
01-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Real men use the abacus.

NorthernChaosGod
01-18-2010, 01:17 AM
I voted PC because I both my computers are running Windows, the laptop running 7 and the desktop running XP. But Linux is also in the PC domain, and technically so is Mac OS.

Anyways, Windows > Mac OS.

Mac isn't really anymore secure than a Windows based machine, any idiot who actually knows what they're doing will do just fine on any brand of OS they choose to use. But Windows is cheaper, easier to customize, and has a plethora of games and programs that will run on it natively. And even Mac OS is that much better at video/audio editing, it's hardly worth the douchey look and the huge price markup.

And this, it's and old copy and paste argument.

The Apple Mac Pro. The greatest computer ever conceived and constructed. Only a man like Steve Jobs could create such a marvel.

Bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:.

Let's take a look at this.

Let's build a Mac Pro from Apple's official website.

Let's give it the strongest processor, the most RAM, the largest HD, and the most powerful graphics options available:

Let's give it two quad-core CPUs at 3.0 GHz.

Let's give it just one 750 GB HD.

Let's give it 16 GB of RAM.

Now let's give it a NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2 x dual-link DVI) for the graphics.

Now let's forget everything else, all the other tacked-on :bou::bou::bou::bou:, no modem or monitor even.

The Mac's final cost: $10,543.00.

Now let's go to Newegg and build the exact same thing.

Let's give our Newegg computer the exact same :bou::bou::bou::bou: for HD, RAM, and CPU options. Hell, let's give it another CPU, and another damn graphics card, and finally let's slap on two cases.

That's right, two smurfing cases, and let's make sure they're just as tough as the Mac's case, and make sure they're the most expensive cases Newegg has to offer.

And let's assume you pay some smurfer a thousand bucks to assemble it. And let's buy both Vista AND XP while we're at it.

PC Final cost: $7,069.83.

Damn, what should we do with that $3,473.17? Let's buy five God damn Xbox 360s and, while we're at it, let's get some of the newest shooting games, like BioShock, Halo 3, and the VALVE Orange Box.

Now what should we do with what we have left?

:bou::bou::bou::bou:, why not put a down payment on one of those new Maserati? And let's buy some smurfing cocaine while we're at it, and maybe get some surgery to turn our right arm into a giant cock. Why the hell not? With all that money I could've wasted on a MacPRO, I could instead make my arm a smurfing PENIS to shove up Steve Jobs ass, hopefully killing him.

black orb
01-18-2010, 01:31 AM
>>> I like Macs, the sad part is that I cant afford one so I`ll stick to the crappy and cheap PC for now..:luca:

Madonna
01-18-2010, 02:37 AM
I like computers!

Slothy
01-18-2010, 03:33 AM
And even Mac OS is that much better at video/audio editing, it's hardly worth the douchey look and the huge price markup.

I've never understood the better at video and audio editing thing. Does it have some great programs for both? Sure. But at least for audio I can do the same damn stuff with Sonar on my PC and you know what's really cool? Sonar's work flow actually makes logical sense to me in that it works in the way I would expect a DAW to work. Not to mention having far more freely available and really good audio plug ins available on PC.

I can't speak too much about the video editing side since I don't really do any. I do remember being with a friend when he was trying to do something in Final Cut Pro I believe for school (though it could have been another Mac only video editing program if there are any). I can't even remember what it was we were trying to get to work anymore, I just remember it should have been the easiest thing in the world, but after half an hour of fucking around with every damn feature we could find we got nowhere and he had to ask his teacher the next day. This has pretty much been my experience with every Mac only program by the way since my sister has a Macbook. I'm sure they're plenty user friendly and easy to use once you get past the obnoxious learning curve when almost no program does what someone who's used a PC for 20 years would expect.

rubah
01-18-2010, 04:38 AM
Windows also has an obnoxious learning curve. You may not remember it since it was 20 years ago, but I remember it (since it was only 12 years ago). "that x icon means close, the squares do something or other, and that line makes it go down to the box thingy at the bottom"
"*clicks the box thing* OH GOD IT"S ON THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, WHAT DID I DO?"

etc :}]]]]]]]]] tru exp, and entirely in good humor.

Did you read the Docs for your video editing instead of blindly clicking? :p or goodness, even googled the solution?

Raistlin
01-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Windows also has an obnoxious learning curve. You may not remember it since it was 20 years ago, but I remember it (since it was only 12 years ago). "that x icon means close, the squares do something or other, and that line makes it go down to the box thingy at the bottom"
"*clicks the box thing* OH GOD IT"S ON THE SIDE OF THE SCREEN, WHAT DID I DO?"

Ahaha, I remember stuff like that. For some reason the taskbar would suddenly be locked at the side of the screen and it would take me a bit to get it back. Although I was just a little kid at the time and I think it was Windows 95 (and in a hierarchy of Windows suckiness, that would be near the top).

I'm not much of a Windows defender in the Apple vs. Microsoft debate, because I am just tech savvy enough to understand that all my really tech savvy friends who hate anything Windows are really right about most things. If I actually cared enough to put forth the effort and didn't need to be using Windows constantly anyway for school, I'd probably switch to Linux.

I have no desire to switch to Mac, though. I still have my testicles.

Slothy
01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Windows also has an obnoxious learning curve.

To be fair, everything has an obnoxious learning curve if you've never used a computer before. Even Macs. I suppose I wouldn't remember the learning curve for Windows that well since I've been using computers since DOS was still common and Windows since before we even had the little red X. Still, I can at least wrap my head around the logic behind most of how Windows works. With Macs I could swear Apple has their head up their own ass and spends half their time being different just to be different, not because it's actually that much easier.

I won't say that Mac's don't have some nifty features though. They even have some I wish were in Windows, but it goes the other way too.

Did you read the Docs for your video editing instead of blindly clicking? :p or goodness, even googled the solution?

Generally when something should be straight forward you expect it to be. This was at his school after hours, so no, we didn't have the documentation for the program handy. And since we were going to a movie, once we realized we had no idea how to get the thing to do what we wanted we didn't really have a lot of time to look it up. And considering I had no real vested interest in figuring it out in the first place I couldn't have cared less. :D

I was just using it as an example of how nothing on a Mac is easy and intuitive when you use PC's all of the time and have little experience with them, despite what Mac would have people believe.

Loony BoB
01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
PC, because of the insane amount of applications that use it and the fact that so many people use those applications as opposed to the other options. Also, games. Also, work. Also, upgrades.

I've used Macs before and hated them, personally. There were very few things I enjoyed about them. I've only used Linux once or twice, and it seemed okay.

Aerith's Knight
01-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Windows also has an obnoxious learning curve.
I suppose I wouldn't remember the learning curve for Windows that well since I've been using computers since DOS was still common and Windows since before we even had the little red X.

This, I loved DOS.

NorthernChaosGod
01-19-2010, 12:17 AM
I've never understood the better at video and audio editing thing. Does it have some great programs for both? Sure. But at least for audio I can do the same damn stuff with Sonar on my PC and you know what's really cool? Sonar's work flow actually makes logical sense to me in that it works in the way I would expect a DAW to work. Not to mention having far more freely available and really good audio plug ins available on PC.

I can't speak too much about the video editing side since I don't really do any. I do remember being with a friend when he was trying to do something in Final Cut Pro I believe for school (though it could have been another Mac only video editing program if there are any). I can't even remember what it was we were trying to get to work anymore, I just remember it should have been the easiest thing in the world, but after half an hour of smurfing around with every damn feature we could find we got nowhere and he had to ask his teacher the next day. This has pretty much been my experience with every Mac only program by the way since my sister has a Macbook. I'm sure they're plenty user friendly and easy to use once you get past the obnoxious learning curve when almost no program does what someone who's used a PC for 20 years would expect.
I don't even see, I used a Mac for video editing for years on both iMovie and Final Cut Pro, it really never ran noticeably better than anything I had running at home. Granted, iMovie is loads better than Windows Movie Maker, but that's hardly a real point of argument.

The only real argument I see for Mac over a Windows/Linux machine is simply personal preference. There really isn't anything better about them.

qwertysaur
01-19-2010, 02:44 AM
one of our older computers ran on windows ME, so we almost got a Mac but we didn't.

AntRid
01-19-2010, 04:17 AM
one of our older computers ran on windows ME, so we almost got a Mac but we didn't.

I would have gone back to using an abacus. Much more efficient.

Mirage
01-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Installing XP on that old computer would have been a much better idea.

Madame Adequate
01-19-2010, 03:04 PM
I misvoted. God halp me. :(

I prefer and like PCs because I am not an ignorant savage with delusions of civilization. Mac users are like Mongolians sipping coffee in Milan, out of the skulls of children. Only even less hygenic and even more pretentious. :mad2:

rubah
01-19-2010, 04:29 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm, I love skull coffee 8DDDDDDDDDD

Psychotic
01-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I had a Mac when I was ten and I had this educational game where you could go into outer space and explore all the planets. My friend who had Windows 95 had some sort of robot dalek football kind of game. Then I swore in his presence and his mother forbade him from spending time with me. What I'm trying to say is PCs rule, Macs drool.

Raistlin
01-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Well it's good to know that so far only about 15% of the EoFF population are unjustified snobs. Mac is at about 18% now, but I deducted some to take into account Huxley's inability to read.

Shiny
01-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Probably another thing to mention why Macs have become so prominent in the filmmaker world is because the Dual Core 8 is the only computer that can handle Red camera (a camera that shoots with one of the highest definitions aside from Phantom) footage. Still, Windows is my boo boo.

NeoCracker
01-19-2010, 10:26 PM
PC. It gets the job done.

rubah
01-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I had a Mac when I was ten and I had this educational game where you could go into outer space and explore all the planets. My friend who had Windows 95 had some sort of robot dalek football kind of game. Then I swore in his presence and his mother forbade him from spending time with me. What I'm trying to say is PCs rule, Macs drool.

don't get me wrong, I love to play MacBlaster!

AntRid
01-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Anyone brought up Linux yet? Go Red Hat!

Tavrobel
01-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I misvoted. God halp me. :(

I prefer and like PCs because I am not an ignorant savage with delusions of civilization. Mac users are like Mongolians sipping coffee in Milan, out of the skulls of children. Only even less hygenic and even more pretentious. :mad2:

That would presume that they left Milan intact.

But yeah, it's a valid metaphor, and I salute you for it. I also use a PC, but that's because of my games.

Aerith's Knight
01-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Anyone brought up Linux yet? Go Red Hat!

It's quite the pleasant system. I keep both Linux and Windows 7 x64 on my system.

Linux is a lot of hard work to "get", but I like it a lot, most certainly while accessing programs through Shells and using finite element programs. I even have/use one finite element program where I can actively change and/or contribute to it's root programming. Impossible in windows.

Shiny
01-29-2010, 12:21 AM
So my Mac loving teacher spent an hour explaining to us a "cool" feature that she claims only Macs have. Public folders and private password accounts. I had restrain myself from calling her a moron. Eventually she kept going on and on and then said, "So you can lock your account on a Mac so that's something cool that makes them ahead." And I was like, "Yeah I lock my account on my PC all the time." They're both equal as far as I'm concerned with the exception of some programs being Mac or PC exclusive. And it's always the same type of person who thinks Mac is the greatest thing since sliced bread and all other technology is inferior.

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
Lol, please tell me that's a made up story.

Rantz
01-29-2010, 01:10 AM
I'd say PC fanboyism is just as bad as Mac fanboyism these days, though! Mac fanatics may be snootier but at least they wash their hair.

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2010, 01:13 AM
But at least PC fanboyism is grounded in truth and not a stupid marketing plan.

Raistlin
01-29-2010, 01:36 AM
I'm definitely not a PC (or more accurately, Microsoft/Windows) fanboy. Are there even Microsoft fanboys? I mean, there are plenty of Linux fanboys, but at least that's grounded in some sort of objective fact (Windows sucks and Macs aren't worth it).

Linus
01-29-2010, 02:05 AM
I have both. My Mac is a laptop, and it overheats when I do video editing or video chats, which are the only things it's good for. So, yeah, PC.

rubah
01-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Of course there are microsoft fanboys. My brother was one of them for the longest time xD

Linus: smc fan control + scrape some of the thermal paste down.

blackmage_nuke
01-29-2010, 03:06 AM
I prefer PC's but with the design of vista and 7 I feel that PC isnt pandering to its constituency anymore, rather trying to draw in a new demographic. Mac knows its audience.

Shiny
01-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Unfortunately, that wasn't a made up story. I too have a Mac laptop, but I never get problems with overheating when using Final Cut Pro or other programs. The only program that has given me problems on a Mac before is Pro Tools. Unless you count one of my teacher's Macs of Doom which kept crashing every five seconds.

Linus
01-29-2010, 04:02 AM
Of course there are microsoft fanboys. My brother was one of them for the longest time xD

Linus: smc fan control + scrape some of the thermal paste down.

The fan's not spinning at all. The RPM says 0000.

I don't know what thermal paste is. I just want the fans to work again, please rubah please. ;_;

rubah
01-29-2010, 04:59 AM
Did you download the correct version for your build/OS? If your fan isn't running, then that is a problem. however, it's possible that it just can't interpret the data from your logicboard.

Thermal paste is not something you should do yourself, mostly because you probably don't have any lying around. Take it to an apple place and ask them nicely, and they probably won't charge you for it.

Raistlin
01-29-2010, 05:50 AM
I am happy to report that according to the poll, approximately 85% of EoFFers are not obnoxious sissies.

eestlinc
01-29-2010, 07:19 AM
I used PCs for many years, bought a mac in 2006, and haven't missed a pc since.

krissy
01-29-2010, 07:48 AM
i've never used a computer in my life

NorthernChaosGod
01-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately, that wasn't a made up story. I too have a Mac laptop, but I never get problems with overheating when using Final Cut Pro or other programs. The only program that has given me problems on a Mac before is Pro Tools. Unless you count one of my teacher's Macs of Doom which kept crashing every five seconds.
That story just makes me sad then. I've always said Mac users were retarded, but that just takes the cake.

I am happy to report that according to the poll, approximately 85% of EoFFers are not obnoxious sissies.

Awesome.

EDIT: Also, this.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/CFace/MacPC.jpg

Aerith's Knight
01-29-2010, 10:52 AM
I like the linux metafor in that one. You can get a better result, but you have to know how to use it.

The Man
01-29-2010, 01:20 PM
At the moment I'm running Windows 7, but I actually liked Ubuntu more when I was running it. When I'm unlazy enough to create a boot sector for it and find replacements for all my Windows apps I'll probably go back to it.

I should add that I used Macs almost exclusively growing up, but switched to PCs before OS X came out because more stuff runs on them. I still like Macs but I don't have the money to invest in one right now. (I'd probably actually triple-boot all three OSs if I could afford one). Then again Apple has been pissing me off with some of its corporate policies lately.

Linus
01-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Well, I know the fan isn't working. Because I can't hear it. I've had my own small portable fan pointed at it any time I've had to edit video. Which btw, my Final Cut Express chose to start ignoring my camera after 5 months of working with it just fine. Some Mac update killed it and now I can't seem to reverse the effect. There's an Apple store in Charleston, but I'd almost rather have a half-functional Mac to complain about than go get it looked at/fixed.

LowCaloriePie
01-29-2010, 03:07 PM

I'm proud to be an obnoxious sissy, thank you. :p

Raistlin
01-29-2010, 03:50 PM
I used PCs for many years, bought a mac in 2006, and haven't missed a pc since.

Did going to law school take away your manliness? Should I be worried? :confused:

rubah
01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
*cringe*

c'mon linus, take care of your computer! They're very intimate machines that do a lot for us (and I'm talking about all computers, even PCs :P) and geeze T-T;;;;

Shoeberto
01-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Guh, yeah, Linus, it may seem half-functioning now, but constant overheating will quickly lead to you having a completely non-functioning laptop. As in completely frying itself. Which is a lot more expensive to replace than just having a dude go in and figure out how to fix up a fan.

Zeromus_X
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
I've used and owned both Macs and PCs throughout my life and I prefer PCs. There is no real reason for it, I just prefer PCs.

Linus
01-30-2010, 12:31 AM
I'm suddenly tempted to make a Youtube video where I just beat the Hell out of my Macbook with a hammer.

NorthernChaosGod
01-30-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm suddenly tempted to make a Youtube video where I just beat the Hell out of my Macbook with a hammer.

I'd watch it daily.

Raistlin
01-30-2010, 06:20 PM

You would be a true hero to real men everywhere.