PDA

View Full Version : FFXIII podcast sheds some light on negative ramblings.

Croyles
01-18-2010, 06:28 AM
The Out-Cast: A Japanese Gaming Podcast: The Out-Cast: Episode 0 - Final Fantasy XIII (http://theoutcastpodcast.blogspot.com/2010/01/out-cast-episode-0-final-fantasy-xiii.html)

direct link: The Out-Cast - ep00.mp3 - , Final, Fantasy, XIII (http://www.mediafire.com/?yedvmqljtwy)

I thought this was interesting because most of the complaints ive been hearing have been so disjointed and opinionated to the point that I wasnt sure what to believe anymore.

Ill still have to play the game myself to see if I like it though.

Rad Bromance
01-19-2010, 03:51 AM
No freaking way am I listening to an hour and twenty minutes of that.

Maybe when I get home tomorrow I'll try to skip around it and see if I can find the interesting parts.

Croyles
01-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Theres a timecode on the website.

Jessweeee♪
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM
My university won't let me download mp3 files that large ;_;

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2010, 02:55 PM
It was interesting but the podcast was kinda disjointed and you could tell they must have gotten together and just did it without really properly discussing everything they wanted to say at times...

As for the actual review. I have a hard time not taking part of it with a grain of salt as I've already seen Radical Dreamers review and he pretty much said in that one that most of the complaints people had with the title don't really bother him so I feel he came into this with a certain bias and basically roped in two like minded friends.

Granted they address some of the issues a little better than in the original review but once again I sorta feel they speak awhile about the negative problems and just say, "Well it didn't bother me, Case Closed!". The one thing they all agreed upon about being a bit of a pain they simply agreed upon and sorta just moved on without really addressing it and that was the whole MegaTen Main character death = Game over complaint about the battle system.

I sorta feel their discussion on linerailty in game design was too narrow cause obviously all three of them are pretty liked minded on what they like about the series. It would have been a more fair debate if they actually had someone their to really speak for those who legitimately have problems with the title but then again the whole point of the pod cast was to say XIII really is good and to ignore all the negative feedback it was getting.

About the only major things I can agree with them on are the topics in terms of the Japanese Gaming industry and how gaming in Japan is very different from the West.