PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love it when

~*~Celes~*~
01-18-2010, 03:36 PM
you're completely right about something that no one thought you were right about? Do you have the tendency to "see i told you so" during such moments?

I'm not one to do it for more serious matters, but otherwise, I rub it in deep.

G13
01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Usually I get the "It's wrong!" reactions from people. Then I say "You're a moron!" and walk away.

Raistlin
01-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I usually only say "I told you so" when I'm facetiously mocking a friend. If it's something serious and a person I dislike, I'll just think "serves you right" in a self-satisfied way and then dismiss it.

Goldenboko
01-18-2010, 09:29 PM
I rub it in deep.

I'm sure you do.

AntRid
01-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Even when I’m right I start doubting myself so I get no satisfaction from it.

Bunny
01-18-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm never right.

~*~Celes~*~
01-19-2010, 11:03 PM
I rub it in deep.

I'm sure you do.

:aimkiss:

Vermachtnis
01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm always right about everything cause I'm a genius.

Rye
01-20-2010, 09:08 AM
My parents seem to be convinced that, despite sending me off to college and my living pretty much on my own for two years, I'm suffering mental retardation and that the money they spend on tuition hasn't actually been teaching me anything, because anything I try to teach them, they're convinced I'm wrong about.

So all of the time I'll make a point or I'll do something (ex: During a discussion about the weather, I told them that in the winter, right against the water in the Atlantic, where we live, actually tends to feel slightly warmer, because the ocean retains summer heat and loses it very slowly - pretty basic stuff) , they'll say I'm obviously wrong and stupid and that makes no sense. I then explain it again, more simply, saying I learned it in biology in both high school and university. They'll insist I'm wrong - one of my parents actually tried to make an example saying that a teacup is more hot on the outside than the inside, or something, to refute my claim. It made no sense.

I then I have to make another person Google it for them to believe me.

Times a million times forever. I can't even muster a "told you so." It's just a feeling of wanting to scream. XD

smittenkitten
01-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Well it rarely happens with me and Daniel but once when he was wrong and I was right I shoved it in his face for about three days! Yes I was RIGHT DANIEL! :mwahaha:

~*~Celes~*~
01-20-2010, 02:15 PM
@Rye: Yeah, sounds kinda like my parents too. I like to call it "old people syndrome": because they're older, they're automatically right. Because we're young, we're automatically "naiive and wrong about everything" and we "don't understand how the world works." :rolleyes2

@SK: Oh yeah, I know how that feels. xD I'm the same way.

Mirage
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM
It depends. If I had a huge argument over it, I tend to rub it in real well. I love being right.

Peegee
01-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I usually only say "I told you so" when I'm facetiously mocking a friend. If it's something serious and a person I dislike, I'll just think "serves you right" in a self-satisfied way and then dismiss it.

I admire people like you. Whenever I'm hopelessly correct and everybody's wrong I get really mad, because I shouldn't have to be the only one correct. I feel that there's something wrong, something queer about the situation.

I can be correct and just explaining the issue to somebody else, who then agrees. That's okay and I don't feel bad. But if I am correct after a lot of arguing, I think the argument itself was pointless.

Like arguing with theists. Or pokemon anti-fans.

Vermachtnis
01-20-2010, 08:02 PM

I admire people like you. Whenever I'm hopelessly correct and everybody's wrong I get really mad, because I shouldn't have to be the only one correct. I feel that there's something wrong, something queer about the situation.

I can be correct and just explaining the issue to somebody else, who then agrees. That's okay and I don't feel bad. But if I am correct after a lot of arguing, I think the argument itself was pointless.

Like arguing with theists. Or pokemon anti-fans.

Well Pokemon anti-fans are usually morons who think they're grown up. You shouldn't get mad for making them look a fool.

krissy
01-20-2010, 09:16 PM
im not really into pokemon

Vermachtnis
01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm not talking about people who don't like it, that's fine. Different tastes and all that. I meant the people who flip out at the mere mention of Pokemon and attack the players by calling them kiddy and stuff.

Psychotic
01-21-2010, 12:40 AM
:smug:

That's all I'm sayin'.

Lawr
01-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Because we're young, we're automatically "naiive and wrong about everything" and we "don't understand how the world works."

It's true though.

The Space Pope
01-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Anyone who gets a feeling of superiority when they're right isn't right often enough.

qwertysaur
01-21-2010, 01:55 AM
When I encounter a pokemon anti-fan I hit the ignore button if possible. :p

I rub it in only if the person is acting like a jerk about how everything they say is right and all others are wrong. Otherwise I calmly correct them and move on.

Tavrobel
01-21-2010, 02:26 AM
I'm always right about everything cause I'm a genius.

What the hell, that's my line, goddamnit.

Unbreakable Will
01-21-2010, 06:58 AM
I hate being told "I told you so." probably because a certain female that I love tells me this on a regular basis. But when I say it I'm being mean. Smurf that :colbert:

~*~Celes~*~
01-21-2010, 07:07 AM
it's because you're a guy, and thus, anything you do that she doesn't like is going to be mean. That's just how us girls work :p

Mercen-X
01-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I tell my family each and everyday that I AM RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING... and I'm usually right. :jess:

Unbreakable Will
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
it's because you're a guy, and thus, anything you do that she doesn't like is going to be mean. That's just how us girls work :p
Gah, thats BULL:bou::bou::bou::bou:!! I hate that double standard lol

~*~Celes~*~
01-21-2010, 06:41 PM
unfortunately for you guys, that's how it is :( *patpat*