PDA

View Full Version : Auron... overrated?

Carl the Llama
01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Ok im going to rant a little, iv seen it all over the place where people make such a big deal and i have to admit i really dont see what the big deal is with Auron, when he was Braska's guardian all he did was moan... kinda like Tidus but unlike Tidus i didn't find him all that usefull in battle.

Oh and i dont mean to say Tidus is better im just useing him for a reference.

/rant mode off

Lacarus
01-18-2010, 06:39 PM
His usefulness in battle depends on how much you have "levelled" your characters, as new party members start with a set route on the grid when you get them. Normally Auron would have the highest Str when he joins. As for later in the game, his Overdrives are a lot less useful than Wakka and Tidus' and Aoens Overdrives. And I guess alot of people like him for being cool and tough. With people I mean emo kids.

Vermachtnis
01-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Shades man, it's the shades :cool:

AntRid
01-18-2010, 10:28 PM
all he did was moan... kinda like Tidus
Did he moan that much? All I remember is him standing around looking cool. Anyway if your deadyou have a right to complain.

Carl the Llama
01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
all he did was moan... kinda like Tidus
Did he moan that much? All I remember is him standing around looking cool. Anyway if your deadyou have a right to complain.

I was actually talking about in the flashbacks with Jecht and Braska

Del Murder
01-19-2010, 02:09 AM
As a character he was my favorite in the game because he was so darn cool.

During the game he was one of the best in battle because his grid path had a lot of strength and HP up. At the end you can make everybody the same and their overdrive and ultimate weapon is all the differentiates them, and at that point I didn't use Auron all that much.

Raistlin
01-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Auron was the most tolerable person from the game, character-wise.

blackmage_nuke
01-19-2010, 02:19 AM
He was too much stereotypical cool silent type for me, I prefered Kihmari as the silent one

Depression Moon
01-19-2010, 02:39 AM
He hardly had a story though.

jammi567
01-19-2010, 09:36 AM
It's amazing how much someone can be called "overrated" and "steriotypical". People throw these words around, and they loose all sense of meaning.

Auron was a mentally strong character, as well as a physical one, as even when he knew that he was going to die, he kept on going until he managed to find someone to pass the message on. Even in death, he was still keeping that promise to Jecht, even going as far as to use Sin to transport him to Dream Zanarkand to look after that brat, Tidus.

That's what I call dedication.

Rad Bromance
01-19-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm currently replaying X, and he's still my favorite character.

I just like him because he has lots of flaws, and his flashbacks reveal how he's matured and changed as a person. Not to mention he's one of the more useful characters in battle.

So no, I don't think he's overrated. :)

Jessweeee♪
01-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Auron is a pretty cool guy.

ANGRYWOLF
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
in FF.

No he wasn't overrated.

:)

Rad Bromance
01-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Auron is a pretty cool guy.
eh walks around dead and doesnt afraid of anything.

Renmiri
01-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Auron rocks! He is soo worshiped by all in Spira but he couldnt's give a rats arse about it. All he cares is that he failed his friend Braska. And that he has to help Tidus and Yuna.

Oh and the :cool: shades rule :p

Kyros
01-20-2010, 07:04 AM
I think he's overrated battlewise since his overdrives are meh but doesnt mean I dont like him as a character in the story.

crazybayman
01-20-2010, 04:24 PM
but he's so bad@$$!!

He's an absolute beast early on (by that I mean physically strong, high HP, etc).

Because of that he's usually on my front lines, and winds up being one of my most leveled characters in the game. I usually go with Tidus, Auron and Wakka as my main party, switching Kimarhi in there from time to time. Yuna / Lulu / Rikku just get switched in when I need healing / aeons / blackmagic / thievery.

So yeah, Auron RULEZ

'cause he's a beast.

Levian
01-20-2010, 08:26 PM
It was annoying in the moments at the start where he's supposed to spread his old man wisdom upon Tidus in a dismissive way. The reason it was annoying was because it wasn't advice at all, it was just Auron being extremely vague about everything.

He's definitely not an enjoyable character on the first play through, but on the second playthrough you know everything so at least you know what the hell he's on about when he talks.

Tiamat3710
01-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Well the first reason i like Auron is because he isnt annoying...which immediately makes him better than three of youre party members :P.

Also...despite his outstanding acheivements with Braska and Jecht and how people go about kissing his ass everywhere he walks he is not arrogant overconfident or reckless. Which is more than i can say for Tidus.

And yeah....pretty badass.

Jiro
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I found that he was less useful in battles my last playthrough due to more levelling prior to him joining the party. I wouldn't say he's overrated though - he's so popular because he's awesome and badass.

Kyros
01-23-2010, 02:41 AM
When I refer to him being meh in battle I'm speaking from the end game perspective where Tidus, Yuna, and Wakka are the best 3 by leaps and bounds. I rotate everyone into every battle so I dont have a 'main party,' which I guess some people dont do for whatever reason (it doesnt split exp so no reason not to do this). The only reason Auron can be put in the same league as them really is only because his ultimate weapon has initiative so he can cast hastega for the other 2 before he rotates out for the 3rd.

Christmas
06-29-2022, 12:27 PM
He is a GIANT SWORD wielding Force Ghost. Kinda like Obi Wan but less cooler. :bigsmile: