PDA

View Full Version : The Stomach Flu, yuck

Agent Proto
01-21-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey folks. Sorry I haven't been posting as regularly as I should over the past month. I have been afflicted with the stomach flu and pneumonia, which is not a good thing. Generally, I haven't been feeling well during that time. I was throwing up, coughing, and having a hard eating well. Though, after spending time at the hospital and getting the proper medicine to take care of what I have, I am starting to feel much better and eating better too, so that means I get to spend a little more time to post when I can. So that's good.

However, I want to get through a couple things. One, have you experienced the stomach flu, and what are some ways to deal with it? You have to know that there is no quick cure for the stomach flu, so you can't just take any medicine to get rid of it quickly.

~*~Celes~*~
01-21-2010, 12:37 AM
I had a 24 hour stomach flu before, it was awful. I just stayed in bed and read the whole time, ate yogurt and drank gatorade.

Psychotic
01-21-2010, 12:55 AM
I don't think I've ever been unlucky enough to have it, so I can't offer any advice, but get well soon dude.

Agent Proto
01-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Did I forget to mention the part that I'm pretty much over the flu? I guess I did. :p The worse thing about the stomach flu was the horrible stomach pains.:yuck:

AntRid
01-21-2010, 01:10 AM
It’s a virus so there’s little you can do apart from drink water feel like you slowly dying inside.

Psychotic
01-21-2010, 01:11 AM
This is for making me feel sorry for you: :twak:

qwertysaur
01-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Naptime helps and ice cream and soups if you can keep them down.

Miriel
01-21-2010, 06:10 AM
Stomach flus are the worst. :(

Best way to deal with it is to drink TONS of water and be in an unconscious state as much as possible. Nyquil is your friend.

Rye
01-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Ahhh, sorry, Proot. That sounds awful. ;_;

I had one only when I was a child, it was awful. I kept throwing up all the time and my parents kept tricking me into eating foods and drinks that made me throw up even more, because they thought I had to "get it all out" or something. I'm not sure it works that way, but okay! xD

Breine
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I have spend 6 months in Asia, so yeah.. I've had plenty of stomach flus and cramps. I also had food poisoning in China, which resulted in 24 hours of puking and diarrhea. Not fun.

Actually, I also have had multiple incidents of what probably is stomach flu as a kid. I have had a couple of times where I'd throw up up to 30 times a day - until nothing came up and I was just dry heaving.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better :)