PDA

View Full Version : Ace Attorney! Woohoo!

KentaRawr!
01-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Yeehaw court cases!

What do you think of this series? Do you like the new "Apollo Justice"? Are you looking forward to the new Investigations game?

Answer the questions.

Shiny
01-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Unfortunately, I haven't played Apollo Justice yet, but I have played the other games in the series. They're extremely funny to me -- especially the third one. I look forward to the new game coming out because I like the Edgeworth character and it will be interesting to see where they take it.

Momiji
01-23-2010, 05:12 AM
I tried so hard to get into the series, but I just never-*is shot*

Yeargdribble
01-23-2010, 09:17 AM
As I mentioned in a previous thread, I only recently tried out the games. I literally have heard so much about PW:AA, but always thought, "wtf... you play a lawyer... in a text based game... how the hell can that be fun?"

Finally, I was listening to an old podcast from Destructoid where Jim Sterling said basically what I said above and that despite that he tried it and loved it.

I picked it up and was pretty much instantly hooked. My wife thought it sounded silly and I told her that's what I thought and that she should try it. She said, "not interested."

Weeeellll... we were out taking a walk one day and I was in the middle of a case. I started spewing out what I knew and how it was killing me that I wasn't sure about some things and all the evidence pointed to my client so how could it be otherwise? She really got interested and started asking me questions about the case and if I'd tried different things or if it could be certain possibilities.

Well, now with them coming to WiiWare we're gonna play through them together. I wish the releases weren't so spaced out. I really really want to keep following the story, but I guess I'll just have to pace myself.

Rantz
01-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Yeehaw court cases!

What do you think of this series? Do you like the new "Apollo Justice"? Are you looking forward to the new Investigations game?

Answer the questions.

:jess:, yes, and yes.

Jessweeee♪
01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Phoenix's Objection! is my text message tone.

Objection!
Objection!
Mom: wtf is wrong with your phone

I love this series! I have owned all four at one point, but SOMEONE lost my copy of Justice for All! That one had my favorite cornered music :(

JKTrix
01-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I wish the releases weren't so spaced out. I really really want to keep following the story, but I guess I'll just have to pace myself.

They're 2 months apart. Imagine being a 'true believer' as they were coming out.

KentaRawr!
01-24-2010, 02:55 PM

Objection!
Objection!

I love this series! I have owned all four at one point, but SOMEONE lost my copy of Justice for All! That one had my favorite cornered music :(

Same here! I have all four, but someone lost my Justice for All. ;-; It was my favorite, if you can believe that.

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2010, 06:05 AM

Objection!
Objection!

Same here! I have all four, but someone lost my Justice for All. ;-; It was my favorite, if you can believe that.

The fourth case was really neat!

Sir Lancealot
01-25-2010, 06:14 AM
Yeehaw court cases!

Answer the questions.

Awesome, yes, and yes.

The fourth case was really neat!

The only thing I liked about the game.

Polnareff
02-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Great series. The only text-based game I can play and not get bored of.

Out of all the games so far, the third, Trials and Tribulations, is my favorite one. It has two of my favorite characters from the entire series: Ron DeLite and Luke Atmey. Not to mention my favorite cases, the same ones involving those two characters, and a ton of twists and turns. My other favorite characters are the von Karmas, Phoenix, of course, and Mia. But I like all the characters whether good or bad.

My favorite soundtrack was the first game's soundtrack.

Apollo Justice was kinda cool, but it was my second-least favorite one (after the second game). That doesn't mean I don't like it though.

Having played the newest game in Japanese a little bit, I can definitely say it's a good experience. Plus getting to play as Edgeworth is a great experience.

Jessweeee♪
02-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Great series. The only text-based game I can play and not get bored of.

Out of all the games so far, the third, Trials and Tribulations, is my favorite one. It has two of my favorite characters from the entire series: Ron DeLite and Luke Atmey. Not to mention my favorite cases, the same ones involving those two characters, and a ton of twists and turns. My other favorite characters are the von Karmas, Phoenix, of course, and Mia. But I like all the characters whether good or bad.

My favorite soundtrack was the first game's soundtrack.

Apollo Justice was kinda cool, but it was my second-least favorite one (after the second game). That doesn't mean I don't like it though.

Having played the newest game in Japanese a little bit, I can definitely say it's a good experience. Plus getting to play as Edgeworth is a great experience.

At first I wasn't really excited for AAI. I found Edgeworth to be a likable character but not really one of my favorites, so I only had a vague interest. I'd be seeing more of the Ace Attorney universe, but it likely wouldn't feature any of my favorite characters, so I was in no rush. After playing the demo I'm a lot more excited!

blackmage_nuke
02-10-2010, 01:30 AM
When I finally got around to playing the games it was every bit as fun as everyone said it was. Though a few things kept it from being perfect for me. The Maya and the whole spirit medium: "btw heres a piece of evidence lololol" thing annoyed me at points where I just kept thinking "SHUT UP I CAN DO THIS WITHOUT YOUR HELP". Which is why I enjoy the first case in AA more with Mia as well as the bonus case with the scientist

Nice
02-16-2010, 04:07 AM
I feel so bad - I just ordered the first game on Amazon last week. So I'm finally gonna play these games...here's hoping to some late night court cases!

Jessweeee♪
02-17-2010, 10:46 PM
AAI was released today! DOES ANYONE HAVE IT YET?

demondude
02-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Picking it up on Friday which is the European release. I love T&T, but damn Pearl Fey annoys me. xD

KentaRawr!
02-18-2010, 02:55 AM
AAI was released today! DOES ANYONE HAVE IT YET?

No, but I wantz. ;-;

JKTrix
02-18-2010, 04:52 AM
Got. In the middle of the 2nd episode currently.

Dignified Pauper
02-18-2010, 05:26 AM
I absolutely love this series, and I have only played Trials and Tribulations. Any game that makes a reference to how someone's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, or a reference of "Mr. Sahwit, more like Mr. Done-it" is a win in my book.

Jessweeee♪
02-18-2010, 03:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/jesse053/edgefail.jpg

What D:

demondude
02-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Damn ... I won't get the time to play it for a while, so I'll wait. ;( We need a Larry Butz game imo.

Jowy
02-20-2010, 12:55 AM
I've got leftover store credit from Gamestop, I'll pick this up after work on Monday.

Rantz
03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I just started Ep 3 of AAI, and it's pretty great so far. I love Kay Faraday xD

KentaRawr!
03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I was about to get it, but then I got Castle of Shikigami 3 instead. Sorry. :(

Kenshin IV
03-05-2010, 01:25 AM
The series is one of the best hand held series ever, and a great throw back to old Adventure games.

I do like Apollo Justice. All good things come to an end, and Phoenix's story finished in the third game.

I was very much looking forward to Investigations, and it did not disappoint. It's a perfect example of how to do a proper spin-off.

JKTrix
03-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Except Phoenix's story *didn't* finish in the 3rd game!

I'm on the 5th/last episode of this game now. Kay certainly became a more sympathetic character.