PDA

View Full Version : Did I quit too soon?

Levian
01-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I've played through the first part of DoC some time ago, I remember I had just left the first city where you start and ended up some place that looked brown and mountain-y. I'm wondering if I might have quit the game too soon! Does the game continue in the same mold or does it really pick up somewhere in the game?

Lunatic_High
01-23-2010, 05:08 PM
I know the feeling I found it hard to get into the game, and have never bothered to complete it.

G13
01-23-2010, 05:42 PM
It stays about the same throughout in gameplay. The story gets more interesting, but only by a little bit. The only reason I made it through is 'cause I'm a die-hard VII fan.

Lunatic_High
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
I am unsure the game may support it (the box doesn't state it) but I feel the game would be better with a PS2 light gun. Like the ones you can use when playing Time Crisis.

Saber
01-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I myself liked the game but it can be too big of a change for some. If you feel like doing a shooter game then don't complain Final Fantasy has one now. Its a lot of back story about Vincent but there is still the add on story about the future and the world of Gaia.

Levian
01-23-2010, 10:35 PM
If only there was some way to trick someone into playing while I peek up from my laptop every now and then to catch the gist!

Do we see much of Cait Sith and Yuffie?

PeneloRatsbane
01-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Yuffie and Cait Sith pop up quite a bit, but its mostly scene hogged by this dreadfully lame character Shelke, seriously i wanted to smack her a lot, luckily Yuffie did it for me.

Mo-Nercy
02-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I would've liked to have been able to use Yuffie as well as Cait Sith (not that using Cait Sith is a big hoot anyway). But the boss fights against Rosso, Nero and Weiss aren't bad.

In my opinion, third-person action games where the protagonist uses a mix of melee and ranged weapons are great fun, but in a game like DoC where the need to shoot stuff far outweighs the need to smack stuff, a first-person shooter may have been the better way to go from Square-Enix's point of view, but chasing the secret ending might motivate you enough to play it thoroughly.

Marky Tee
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
its worth playing just to see how ridiculous it is