PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite Job Class?

Wolf Kanno
01-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Ignoring the starting class, what class from the crystals do you use the least and didn't care for. Mine was probably Ranger cause it's expensive and its special actually isn't as good as you would think.

Zeromus_X
01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Probably Scholar. Most of the other classes I used for a little while after you're "supposed" to use them, but I just dumped Scholar after the Hyne fight.

Roogle
01-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I had a feeling when I saw this thread that Scholar would be chosen by someone as the least favorite job class. If I remember correctly, were they not more powerful initially in the NES version of the game when you had to use them because the book weapons had a higher attack power than normal for that time period in the game? In the Nintendo DS version, I know they gave them some weaker Black and White magic like a Red Mage, but I disagree with that interpretation of the job class.

Robostar
01-24-2010, 04:56 PM
My least favorite job class is the Viking class. I hate equipping axes! They are just too slow IMO.

Book
03-28-2010, 04:07 PM
Scholar for the original and Sage for the DS version. The scholar because it's.. well.. it's just that bad. And the Sage because it gives you the impression that it's supose to be good but in reality it's so slow that it's useless.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
04-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Bottom Tier

Viking
Sage
Evoker

Freelancer Class

Freelancer

Hollycat
04-16-2010, 02:48 PM
GEomancer, useful only at one point in the game. or maybe alchemist, or cannoneer

Robostar
04-16-2010, 06:42 PM
I didnt like Vikings too slow for my taste.

Rebellious Eagle
04-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I think I've used every class except for Ranger, so I'll go with that one. The Viking also is too slow, even though the axe is pretty powerful.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
04-19-2010, 07:17 AM
I think I've used every class except for Ranger, so I'll go with that one. The Viking also is too slow, even though the axe is pretty powerful.

Which class is slower, Viking or Sage?

No.78
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Bard... It never felt like their songs did anything.

Alexis121
02-21-2011, 05:36 AM
Most favorite:
Blue, Summoner, Thief, Monk, Ninja, White.

Blue - The sheer variety of spells you can get, a lot of which is exceedingly powerful early game. Lategame, the usefulness is reduced to White Wind and Big Guard, though, and both spells are quite tricky to get (You need !Control).

Summoner - Highest Magic Power in the game, plus some totally rocking damage moves.

Thief - Highest Agility, dashing, passage, a whole slew of useful utility abilities.

Monk - Highest Strength, rocks the hell out of the early game, gives ridiculously awesome abilities like Counter.

Ninja - 2 hands. Enough said.

White - Healing and one of the most effective single-target attack spells, Holy.

Least favorite:
Berserker, Black, Dancer, Time, Knight.

Berserker - Only good for the hot outfit Lenna wears.

Black - Horribly underpowered, Flare especially is a disappointment.

Dancer - If you want to use the overpowered Ribbons, just use the Bare class.

Time - Annoying because you need it very rarely, but not often enough that you want to actually be in that job.

Knight - Another underpowered class, Monks totally smoke them in terms of damage and spending on equipment.

Middle ground:

Roogle
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Middle ground:

What is your assessment of the Scholar? You completely left it out of your review.

TrollHunter
03-28-2011, 10:56 PM
My least favorite? I would have to go with either ranger, scholar, and some other class i forgot about. There are only a few bad classes on this game, which is good. (heck on my recent play through with a thief it was kicking butt till the earth crystal)
:D

Garland
03-29-2011, 02:14 AM
On the DS port, the hidden job Onion Knight. Before Onion Knight, you've got a wide assortment of different jobs with pros and cons. Granted, some are direct upgrades to others, but you've got a reason for a diverse party. After Onion Knight, the only reason not to do the work for four fully equipped Onion Knights is some artificial handicap.

On the original NES version I've only played as a ROM, my votes are Sage and Ninja for the same reason. They've been balanced in the DS port at least. I don't like classes that are clearly intended to be the final stop. I'd prefer a more egalitarian system.

KainHighwind
03-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Most favorite:
Blue, Summoner, Thief, Monk, Ninja, White.

Blue - The sheer variety of spells you can get, a lot of which is exceedingly powerful early game. Lategame, the usefulness is reduced to White Wind and Big Guard, though, and both spells are quite tricky to get (You need !Control).

Summoner - Highest Magic Power in the game, plus some totally rocking damage moves.

Thief - Highest Agility, dashing, passage, a whole slew of useful utility abilities.

Monk - Highest Strength, rocks the hell out of the early game, gives ridiculously awesome abilities like Counter.

Ninja - 2 hands. Enough said.

White - Healing and one of the most effective single-target attack spells, Holy.

Least favorite:
Berserker, Black, Dancer, Time, Knight.

Berserker - Only good for the hot outfit Lenna wears.

Black - Horribly underpowered, Flare especially is a disappointment.

Dancer - If you want to use the overpowered Ribbons, just use the Bare class.

Time - Annoying because you need it very rarely, but not often enough that you want to actually be in that job.

Knight - Another underpowered class, Monks totally smoke them in terms of damage and spending on equipment.

Middle ground:

Umm...wrong game?

Hollycat
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Bard is horrible and useless, Oracle is useless and hard to use, cannoneer can go suck a cannon ball.
wait, is this ff 3 or 5?

TrollHunter
04-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Bard is horrible and useless, Oracle is useless and hard to use, cannoneer can go suck a cannon ball.
wait, is this ff 3 or 5?

Totally ff3, on this game bards actually somewhat kind of useful.

Lamia
04-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Viking is the least useful melee class. Scholars are somewhat useless compared to the other classes as well.

I disagree with Bard and Ranger getting a lot of votes on there. Those two classes = big cheap damage.

TrollHunter
04-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Viking is the least useful melee class. Scholars are somewhat useless compared to the other classes as well.

I disagree with Bard and Ranger getting a lot of votes on there. Those two classes = big cheap damage.

bards and vikings are amazing on low-level runs