PDA

View Full Version : i junction 100 THread to STR!

wild-one
01-23-2010, 09:20 PM
hi,lets talk about,Junctioning
i collected 100 Fires,what will be most effective to junction it to?
also,Sleep junctioned to HP gives tons of it,so junction 100 Sleep to HP,and you'll be in the fight for much more time,giving you a chance to Escape:D:D:D:D

Roogle
01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I was only 12 when Final Fantasy VIII was released in North America on September 9, 1999.

I did not understand the Junction System and simply beat the game using Guardian Force summons and magic. In this day and age, I would encourage all players to simply Junction each spell that you have and see the effects before equipping to determine the best spell to junction to each statistic.

Saber
01-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Well it depends on what you are trying to do. If you want to stay in the fight longer then yeah Junction HP first and make sure its the best it can get. My first thing for HP is Cure whch you can get pretty easily in the first 15 mins of the game. Maybe less.

I found that while you are drawing magic from enemies you should take time to Junction magic as your best stat. Cause magic stat is what helps to draw. Then when your done do a little arrangement and prepare to get to the next area with new enemies.

wild-one
01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
i was totally confused too!
heres what works that i think
junction Sleep to HP(you can only do this by getting the Siren GF and junctioning it!)
junction Thunder to STR(junction Ifrit or ask Quetzotocaul or Shiva to learn it)
its all i ever did that worked best

Roogle
01-23-2010, 09:58 PM
How much does the MAG stat increase the probability of drawing additional magic spells? I knew about this correlation, but I think there is a degree of randomness to it that might make it less effective than you think.

Saber
01-23-2010, 10:02 PM
How much does the MAG stat increase the probability of drawing additional magic spells? I knew about this correlation, but I think there is a degree of randomness to it that might make it less effective than you think.

The enemies spirit decreases the amount. I think that luck has something to do with it. Cause when I first put my characters mag up, they seem to only incline slowly. Like if they were drawing 1 cure it would go, drawed 2 cures, draw 5 cures, draw 2 cures. Anyways after a while, it ends up helping. I don't know the whole story and mechanics behind it.

wild-one
01-23-2010, 10:08 PM
originally posted by sora_lion_heart

My first thing for HP is Cure whch you can get pretty easily in the first 15 mins of the game. Maybe less.
yesssss.true.but you can use this stragety to gain tons of Sleep:

go to the Training Centre.then,find a lone grat,Draw/Cast Sleep on it,then Draw Sleep from it until it wakes up,you'll get to 73 of them in no time,only 37 to 100!!!!!!!!
:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Roogle
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
That sounds like a good strategy for the beginning of the game. Personally, I don't like going to areas before the story tells you to go there unless there is something really good that you can't get later!

If you have a lot of time at the beginning of the game, I believe you can learn some abilities from the early Guardian Forces that allow you to refine very powerful magic like Curaga early on. I use a Gameshark when I play through the game for maximum AP since I don't have the time to play battle after battle...

black orb
01-23-2010, 10:30 PM
hi,lets talk about,Junctioning
i collected 100 Fires,what will be most effective to junction it to?
>>> Dont bother thinking about it, there is an auto junction option after you equip a GF, it even ask you if you want to priorize attack or defense..
The other stuff you can junction manually are the elemental defense/attack and status defense/attack..:luca:

Saber
01-23-2010, 10:45 PM
I think fire will do best on strength but I haven't played the game in a while. well its not that long but still can't remember the low level magic too good. I figure its only a matter of time before people in this thread say, Ultima, Meteor, Holy, blah.

Anyways there is a few areas to stock magic in the start of the game. In the training center, Out side on grass, Outside in forest, Ouside on Beach and I think you can still reach the fire cavern after ifrit... not sure.

As for getting those powerful magics with the refine ability is time consuming.

wild-one
01-24-2010, 12:17 AM
hey,i'm posting stuff for beginners,name me one ultima,holy ETC. draw point you can get at the beginning
also,Roogle,if you dont like my stragetie,then stuff it in the garbage can,it worked for me,so i shared it,thats all

sorry Roogle about the last post,i should've mention that you then hammer them down with either Shiva or a Blizzard,Blizzara or Blizzaga spell afterwards

i junctioned Thunder to Zell's STR and he improved loads
i junctioned 100 Fire to Squall's STR and he didnt improve much..........so i disagree

Roogle
01-24-2010, 12:40 AM
As far as I know, there is no difference between 100 Fire and 100 Thunder Junctioned to STR. Those differences occur because there is a difference between Squall's STR and Zell's STR.

Can you please stop posting multiple times in a row, wild-one? Use the "edit / delete" function to add what you want to add to your post.

Saber
01-24-2010, 12:55 AM
You can tell whats better while your junction it just go to junction - magic - HP - and then scroll though the spells you have to see whats best.

As for Fire and Thunder? Try to junction fire and thunder to Zell's strength and test both of them out on a enemy. Using two characters will differ since they have different stats.

wild-one
01-25-2010, 08:29 PM
your right Sora_Lion_Heart!,i had Squall at LV. 17 and Zell was LV.9 so you're right!
and Roogle why are you so bothered about me posting multiple times in a row?ITS MY THREAD!!!!i made it,so im allowed

Rantz
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
It's not your thread just because you made it. It's still on the EoFF forums, and when you became a member you agreed to the rules of said forums. If you wish to debate this issue further, please start a thread in the Feedback forum instead of continuing it here. Thank you!

Goldenboko
01-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Early on, after you just get Siren, buy lots of tents, turn them all into Curagas, put them on Squall's health, you are now unbeatable. That is all.

Jiro
01-26-2010, 08:35 AM
I somehow have the patience to max-draw every new magic I find up until Deling City. It ends up with me being ridiculously overpowered. Carding the enemies is even better, as you can get the magic, AP and a card, but no EXP so the other enemies don't scale up.

Roogle
01-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Early on, after you just get Siren, buy lots of tents, turn them all into Curagas, put them on Squall's health, you are now unbeatable. That is all.

I make use of this strategy when I play Final Fantasy VIII. I tend to get most of my spells through item refinement or card refinement than through the Draw command. It takes far too long for my liking, so I applaud your patience, Jiro. Do you look for every spell up to that point?

Jiro
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm not quite that patient. I just check what spells the enemies have, and if there's a new one, I max-draw it. I only hunt for spells at the very beginning, before entering the Fire Cave.

After that, I try and refine as many spells as possible to eliminate my need to draw. Because everybody knows how boring it is, even if they don't attempt max-draws.

qwertysaur
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Grind the fish by Balamb to get all the refine abilities and card. Spam card on anything that moves, refine into magic and items for weapons. :p

wild-one
01-27-2010, 12:24 AM
i simply draw or refine my magic,works a treat:)

Mirage
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Once you get Siren, make her learn L Mag-RF, then buy 10 tents and refine them into 100 Curaga. Junction this to HP for an instant 3-4000 HP.

Drawing from enemies is so boring.

Oh, someone already said that.

Xardrick
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I finished FFVII and now I started playing VIII, and I'm total confused about junction system... Its completly different than in VII. But I'll try to learn it :D

wild-one
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
yeah

Roogle
01-28-2010, 06:51 AM
I finished FFVII and now I started playing VIII, and I'm total confused about junction system... Its completly different than in VII. But I'll try to learn it :D

The Junction system is best described as equipping spells to each statistic to improve performance in your characters. Essentially, you want to junction a magic to each statistic that you have available. Early on, you can only junction to select statistics, but as your roster of Guardian Forces grows, you will be able to Junction, or equip, more of your spells into your statistics to make your character more powerful.

The best advice is to keep a steady stock of spells — not necessarily for use, but for Junction — so that you will always have resources to make your characters stronger.

wild-one
01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Essentially, you want to junction a magic to each statistic that you have available.
yes Roogle,i junction whenever i can

qwertysaur
02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Play around with which spells you junction where. For example Cure will have a much more noticeable effect if you Junction it to Vitality rather than Strength :p

Xardrick
02-02-2010, 06:20 PM
What's with magic?
Can I buy magic in stores or something or I must draw everything??
and what is about "...then buy 10 tents and refine them into 100 Curaga" ? How can I refine or what this means?

Saber
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
What's with magic?
Can I buy magic in stores or something or I must draw everything??
and what is about "...then buy 10 tents and refine them into 100 Curaga" ? How can I refine or what this means?

No you can not buy magic in stores. You have to draw them from monsters (during battles), or at a draw point (found in most places).

Each GF has a list of abilities you can learn. A lot of them have special "Refine" abilities you can use once you learn them. Afterwards go into ability (under the menu) and you'll see the stuff you have learned. You can make magic or other items as well this way.

Mo-Nercy
02-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Another tip I'd give you would be to avoid using the magic you've junctioned to a statistic. It makes you marginally weaker each time.

Oh. If memory serves me right, I believe getting Diablos early on allows you refine Demi which is pretty good for junctioning early on.

rubah
02-03-2010, 05:28 AM
hey,i'm posting stuff for beginners,name me one ultima,holy ETC. draw point you can get at the beginning
also,Roogle,if you dont like my stragetie,then stuff it in the garbage can,it worked for me,so i shared it,thats all
http://www.ffskies.com/images/ff8/drawpoints.jpg

Jiro
02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
He was talking about Ultima/Holy/etc draw points towards the earlier parts of the game. However that map will be invaluable from beginning to end, so good find.

BG-57
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't think there are any draw points for Holy or Ultima that you can access at the beginning of the game. The best you can hope for early on is to draw some Holy from Diablos when you choose to fight him (if he's at level 30+).

Refining them will eventually become an option, but you will need both the materials and the GF's with the right abilities learned.

The Draw points themselves dispense few and refill slowly, so no matter how you slice it, getting these spells are a major pain.

Speaking of Pain, try to draw it from Granaldo if he's level 30+. You won't regret it.

Kyros
02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Theres an ultima drawpoint in the mayors house at FH, but I think you can only ever use it once =/

BG-57
02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
From a purely hypothetical standpoint it would be interesting to hack the game to see if those obscure draw points are there from the start and you can't simply reach them, or if they don't exist until later.

wild-one
02-09-2010, 12:13 AM
The best you can hope for early on is to draw some Holy from Diablos when you choose to fight him (if he's at level 30+).
so its actually a good idea to battle him high level

BG-57
02-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Like random encounters in FFT, the enemies level up along with the party. What makes or breaks a battle then is your junctions. There are ways to gain abilities without Exp, so if you go that route, low levels are better.

But in terms of drawing magic and dropping items, the best stuff is from higher level monsters. You can eventually level enemies up or down at will with the right GF ability, so again, raising party levels is not necessary.

The low level challenge is time consuming, so bear that in mind. Personally I never bothered with it.

Karifean
02-10-2010, 08:44 PM
The low level challenge is time consuming, so bear that in mind.

I don't think it is time consuming. Practically all my games were low-level challenges, I hardly ever exceeded Level 20, only once I played a high-level challenge, cause I wanted to get the Ultimate Weapons on Disc 1.

I think it actually shortens your game time, as you can simply run from random encouters - better yet just equip 0% Enemy Encounter throughout the game. The only thing you can do is kill Tonberries (0 EXP) and Cactuars (very little EXP). And yes, the Lv Plus ability comes in handy here.

I think the "No Level Up"-Challenge is much more time consuming. I just started it, there's actually a way to avoid getting any EXP at all until you get to the Rocket Launching Station. The 3 soldiers (bossfight) there are immune to Stone and will give EXP.

Iceglow
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
After that, I try and refine as many spells as possible to eliminate my need to draw. Because everybody knows how boring it is, even if they don't attempt max-draws.

I actually draw a lot of my magic in FFVIII I don't mind, I drew 100 demi from Diablos with my entire party (yes 300 did take a long time, especially with Zell's pitiful mag stat and the fact that only 2 can junction magic to their magic stat at the first point you receive the magical lamp) the easiest way to survive this and not get beaten is simply to every now and then when you are low on hp is fire a stocked demi spell at Diablos, he will counter your character by casting Curaga on them, free healing is awesome. I also drew 100 double and protect/shell spells from Biggs and Wedge atop the communication tower in Dollet. That too took a long time, the main boss will not attack until you then focus on either of the two and defeat their hp level. Though a standard practise of mine is to card enough Fasticalon-F to card mod them in to 300 water spells.

You are right that magic and spirit do affect draw but eventually with even low level magic you can guarantee a draw of around 6 - 9 spells a time. IMHO Refining is best left for the highest level hardest spells to obtain or for refining items in to other items needed to gain the best magic.

Oh and as to the original posters post:

All elemental core elemental spells, that is fire, thunder, blizzard and their subsequent higher levels will give the same bonus to most stats afaik though I haven't checked this in a while. Only elemental spells like water and such have a major difference in the terms of stat gain.

I suggest junctioning the cure spell to hp (though you will use it regulary for healing, therefore you could continue using sleep until you get a better spell) and as soon as possible card modding some Fasticalon-F cards (obtain through playing and also through Carding them) for 100 water spells per character this will give you a nice bonus on any junction stat (magic is useful for drawing more spells) also any Thrustaevis cards you mod will allow you to get Aero or Tornado spells which will give you another elementally powerful spell. Once you reach Dollet continue to draw from Biggs and Wedge for 100 Double spells and also Esuna I believe is available at this point. Basically draw every spell you come across to 100 unless you have a strict time limit (black widow boss, draw with the character who has not got elemental attack j with thunder on attack or the character who is junctioned with Quezacotl and just make sure they have mag j so shiva would be ideal then flee when needed) Other enemies to watch for in regards to early on drawing of magic is once you leave Timber you're free to roam around the Gabaldian contient so long as you stick to the Dollet/Timber areas and don't try to enter Gabaldia go find Vysage and maybe Ochu as well for drawing points. At certain levels Anaconda will have bio available as well :) Remember if you don't want to level up card is your great ally!

BG-57
02-10-2010, 09:45 PM
The low level challenge is time consuming, so bear that in mind.

I don't think it is time consuming. Practically all my games were low-level challenges, I hardly ever exceeded Level 20, only once I played a high-level challenge, cause I wanted to get the Ultimate Weapons on Disc 1.

I think it actually shortens your game time, as you can simply run from random encouters - better yet just equip 0% Enemy Encounter throughout the game. The only thing you can do is kill Tonberries (0 EXP) and Cactuars (very little EXP). And yes, the Lv Plus ability comes in handy here.

I think the "No Level Up"-Challenge is much more time consuming. I just started it, there's actually a way to avoid getting any EXP at all until you get to the Rocket Launching Station. The 3 soldiers (bossfight) there are immune to Stone and will give EXP.

What I call low level challenge is what you are calling no level challenge.

I actually draw a lot of my magic in FFVIII I don't mind, I drew 100 demi from Diablos with my entire party (yes 300 did take a long time, especially with Zell's pitiful mag stat and the fact that only 2 can junction magic to their magic stat at the first point you receive the magical lamp) the easiest way to survive this and not get beaten is simply to every now and then when you are low on hp is fire a stocked demi spell at Diablos, he will counter your character by casting Curaga on them, free healing is awesome. I also drew 100 double and protect/shell spells from Biggs and Wedge atop the communication tower in Dollet. That too took a long time, the main boss will not attack until you then focus on either of the two and defeat their hp level. Though a standard practise of mine is to card enough Fasticalon-F to card mod them in to 300 water spells.

You are right that magic and spirit do affect draw but eventually with even low level magic you can guarantee a draw of around 6 - 9 spells a time. IMHO Refining is best left for the highest level hardest spells to obtain or for refining items in to other items needed to gain the best magic.

I ran into the same problem with Zell when I was drawing Pain from Granaldo. Took a long time.

wild-one
02-12-2010, 09:43 PM
i say that esther soldiers are great
normal Esther Soldier: more magic,less EXP
Terminater Esther Soldier: less magic,more EXP