PDA

View Full Version : LOST - Season 6

Pages : [1] 2

Moon Rabbits
01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
HYPE THREAD BECAUSE IT'S BACK IN A WEEK.

If anyone's been reading spoilers they know that the first episode(s) consist of the survivors landing at LAX.

McLovin'
01-24-2010, 11:08 PM
:jess:

charliepanayi
01-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Can't wait for this :)

Del Murder
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM
*hype*

McLovin'
01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
I came with this just now. As anyone keeping up with Lost since the finale would know, this season looks like their's an alternate timeline going on but what if what if this whole season is going to be done like Desmond's episode where he switched time periods in his mind? What if that's what will happen to all the Losties? That would be mindblowing.

That would bewhy there haven't been any previews for season 6! Because one little shot of the actors showing themsevles being aware of themselves in different timelines would mean this secret being exposed!

Croyles
01-30-2010, 12:49 AM
I wonder if they will be able to end the story in a way that will please the enormous amount of expectations it has brought on itself. I hope so!

Del Murder
01-30-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah right.

McLovin'
01-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Concerning what you said about the ending, after some theoryizing, the end should show you the show overall and that will be the producers gift to us. To make us rewatch from this new perspective of knowing the answers. That's why it's so hard to come up with answers to this because the answer is so broad and we're only shown tiny insignificant specs of the characters in the world that don't matter to the overall story.

Moon Rabbits
01-30-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm really hoping that it will end with a close up of Jack's eye opening, a pan out and then

surprise! It was all a dream. :):)

Psychotic
01-30-2010, 03:17 AM
I am hoping it ends with more of Sawyer beating the snot out of Jack. Possibly while banging Kate at the same time.

Moon Rabbits
02-02-2010, 04:06 AM
YouTube - LOST - Season 6 Trailer/Promo HD - NEW FOOTAGE (Major Spoilers) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc8l-7PV6X8)

Spoilerish I guess. All new footage!

edit: First hour is leaked too, btw. But it's shot on a camera at a pre-screening so bad quality~~

edit edit: I watched the first hour and this season is gon be crazy~

Moon Rabbits
02-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I don't care that this is a double post. This is all I have to say about that episode:

:confused:

LowCaloriePie
02-03-2010, 04:15 AM
Anything involving the temple-arc was boring, poorly-thought out, and took up way too much time. (Edit out rant about temple because I decided to get off my lazy arse and do a quick search on Lostpedia.)

And other questions... Why was the ANOTHER overly-dramatic scene between Sawyer and Juliet? The one at the finale of Season 5 was perfectly fine, but I guess we needed to raise her from the dead just to speak two cryptic words ("It worked") and repeat the the process again. Why was Jacob able to go to Hurley even though he's dead? Is it because he's crazy? Is it because no one is actually dead in Lost?

Gah! This episode pissed me off. However... anything involving "Locke", Ben, and others was rather interesting, and I wished the episode focused more on that. :(

The Man
02-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Hurley's been able to see dead people for the entire show. I see no reason Jacob should be any different.

Juliet's last words aren't particularly cryptic to me - they obviously refer to the splintering of the show into two parallel timelines.

I liked it, by the way. Although I do agree that bringing Juliet back only to kill her off again was kind of melodramatic.

Del Murder
02-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I used to be able to follow what was going on in this show, even if it didn't make a lot of sense. But now I don't know what the smurf is going on. At least Smokey was in it.

Psychotic
02-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I am hoping it ends with more of Sawyer beating the snot out of Jack. :jess:

Moon Rabbits
02-03-2010, 03:09 PM
I am hoping it ends with more of Sawyer beating the snot out of Jack. :jess:

Yes!

"Yeah, for once you don't know!"
that :bou::bou::bou::bou: was awesome. I didn't mind them raising Juliet from the dead for one more scene - it totally cheapened the end of last season's finale but I love SawyerxJuliet too much not to love another scene between them.

I hope that they make the alternate time line a little more interesting. I liked it and everything (the on-plane scenes really rocked story-telling-wise: Boone's "if this plane goes down I'm sticking with you" was just awesome) but it just didn't hold my interest.

LowCaloriePie
02-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Juliet's last words aren't particularly cryptic to me - they obviously refer to the splintering of the show into two parallel timelines.

I meant, in the perception of the characters, it made little sense.

Miriel
02-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I kinda love Sawyer & Juliet together but their final scene was so cliche and cheesy I didn't know what to do with myself. I mean c'mon! If the "kiss me..." wasn't campy enough, they had to throw in the whole, "I need to tell you something super important but I'm going to wait until the last minute and die before I tell you" thing in there as well. It was such awful awful writing.

But I do like the idea that one day, in the alternate reality, Sawyer and Juliet might hook up for coffee. That would me me AWWW like crazy and would be a sweet way to close the story on those two.

I really hate that Locke isn't Locke anymore and now it seems Sayid isn't Sayid anymore either. It's weird because the characters that we've grown to know and love are essentially dead, and yet we haven't really been given an opportunity to mourn them because technically, they're still there on the screen. It's strange and I don't like it. I've NEVER liked it when it's happened on other shows like Alias or Fringe (both of which are actually Abrams shows as well).

I don't know how I feel about the alternate reality thing. I find it hard to believe that this is truly what they had in mind when they started this all those years ago.

Lost in the beginning: OH NO WHERE'S MY INHALER? OH HERE IT IS, YAY!
Lost now: TIME TRAVELING IS KILLING US AND JOHN LOCK HAS BEEN POSSESSED BY A SMOKE MONSTER AND SAYID JUST ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND THERE'S AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.

Del Murder
02-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Why is he not Sawyer anymore?

Miriel
02-04-2010, 02:21 AM
I meant Sayid.

Locke = Smokey Monster Dude
Sayid = Jacob

At least that's the theory.

Del Murder
02-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Aww that would suck. Who cares about those guys! They are probably giving us the alternate reality so they can smurf with the real characters all they want.

Miriel
02-04-2010, 02:24 AM
I think it's funny we're sitting here talking about Lost via EoFF while in the same apartment. :p

McLovin'
02-04-2010, 04:11 AM
The alt timeline will probably have some sort of significance that we aren't aware of just yet.

I think it would be interesting if Sayid came back as Jacob which would sort of answer what happened to Christian Shepherd. Cas that would mean Jacob can literally possess the dead while MiB can only assume their form.

When MiB referred to his home he could be referring to the alt timeline (rather should be called Another World like in Chrono Cross).

So apparantly John Lennon is alive on this island. :p

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2010, 04:16 AM
Lost in the beginning: OH NO WHERE'S MY INHALER? OH HERE IT IS, YAY!
Lost now: TIME TRAVELING IS KILLING US AND JOHN LOCK HAS BEEN POSSESSED BY A SMOKE MONSTER AND SAYID JUST ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND THERE'S AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.

Yeah, this. Except, ever since the whole hatch business and the button to save the world I expected it to go this way. Season 1 had paranormal stuff like the smoke monster and the whispers and the ghosts - I've always sort of wished they stuck with fantasy / paranormal stuff and not gone into crazy time loops and sci-fi.

Psychotic
02-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Locke's story is depressing as fuck and seeing that other guy walking around in his skin doesn't make it any less depressing.
Who cares about those guys! Seriously. "Oh hey we're on the last season of six, here's the ultimate showdown for control of reality between a couple of random dudes!" Great. Thanks for that. Fake Locke vs Fake Sayid? It'd be cooler if it were the real thing. :colbert:

Croyles
02-04-2010, 04:42 AM
I don't know I kind of like it.

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2010, 04:45 AM

This is pretty much my opinion. Indifference leaning towards kind of liking it!

Croyles
02-04-2010, 04:49 AM

This is pretty much my opinion. Indifference leaning towards kind of liking it!

Probably mostly because ive just spent so much time with the show. I probably can't and don't want to be objective whether its actually well written or not anymore, i'm just enjoying the ride. Total hours consumed is now going into Final Fantasy length.

Miriel
02-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Locke's story is depressing as smurf and seeing that other guy walking around in his skin doesn't make it any less depressing.

I thought what smokey monster man said about Locke's final thoughts were so freakin' depressing. And the look Alternate Reality Locke had when we was being wheeled off the airplane. :( His whole story arc has been crazy sad.

Craig
02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
i dont think sayid is possessed by jacob (by that i mean, i hope he isnt) because didn't jacob's letter say that if sayid were to die they would all be in trouble?

Moon Rabbits
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I've been watching previews / reading stuff and it doesn't appear that Sayid is Jacob. Unfortunately it also looks like Kate will be doing the whole "I WANT BOTH JACK AND SAWYER" thing again which is so old.

Oh, next week's episode is a Kate episode called "What Kate Does" and Kate is apparently bat :bou::bou::bou::bou: insane in the alt-timeline by the looks of things; "The Substitute" will focus on Locke who apparently gets hit by a car, poor guy, and Rose still has cancer off Island :(; "Lighthouse" is a Jack episode; "Sundown" is about Sayid; "Dr. Linus" is obviously a Ben episode; "Recon" is Sawyer's; Ab Aeterno is Richard!! and the producers are all on about "how many questions will be answered," but I'm not holding my breath; "The Package" is a Sun/Jin episode; "Happily Ever After" marks the return of Desmond; and "Everybody Loves Hugo" is a Hurley episode where we'll see both Michael and LIBBY :jess::jess: return.

Phew~

edit: Oh and I guess this is a "major" spoiler about Ilana, but she's Jacob's daughter.

LowCaloriePie
02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
"Everybody Loves Hugo" is a Hurley episode where we'll see both Michael and LIBBY :jess::jess: return.

Yes, I've been waiting a year for another one of these. :p

LunarWeaver
02-04-2010, 09:44 PM
The no-spoiler pole is frankly too far up my ass, but I think you should have spoiler-marked that entire paragraph, Kelly :ffvitrouble: But I don't even watch previews of the next episode.

*is a freak*

Levian
02-04-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't particularly care anymore about anything that happens on the island as we never know if what happens is permanent anymore with people getting revived, time changing and stuff being reversed, everything is just so far out there. Locke's storyline on the island is not interesting in the least to me, which I suppose is a bit sad since it's probably the most important one for the overall story.

The alternate timeline interests me though, and it'll be what I'm going to look forward to in this season.

Laddy
02-05-2010, 02:51 AM
That episode fucking sucks.

Moon Rabbits
02-06-2010, 06:01 AM
I'm just gonna go on record and say two things:

Matthew Fox is fuckin sexy and I'm pretty sure Jacob is evil.

McLovin'
02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Don't think there is a good or evil, cas the producers usually go for something more in the grey.

scrumpleberry
02-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Ilana is still boring as smurf

They totally should have rezzed Juliet as well also kate goddamn she couldn't stay away from sawyer for 5 freaking minutes during grief period (also yeah their final scene was awful and killed the season 5 finale HARTBRAEKING bit that made juliet totally brilliant)

I like the new dudes in the temple they will be fun, glasses guy is like a non-:bou::bou::bou::bou: version of dharma glasses guy

I want to see the black rock time already!

Hurley is the LUCKIEST GUY IN ZA WARUDO does that mean number power is negated when there's no island? but without number power he wouldnt have gotten the lottery numbers off the dude.

Has vincent been absorbed by the island or is he chilling with the polar bears and pigs or what

SMOKEY :D also smokey in not-locke form has a goddamn evil face also it was hilarious when he totally crushed that dude ignoring his magic dust circle

Moon Rabbits
02-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Ilana is still boring as smurf

Not as much if you read the spoiler I posted about her :bigsmile:

Four characters will die in episode 14.

Croyles
02-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Damn you Moon Rabbits, the spoiler tags were not in my email notification! lol.

Oh well, its not that bad :)

McLovin'
02-08-2010, 04:03 AM
Ep 14 out of 17, meh. Kill em all.

Kirobaito
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
The issue with Jacob possessing Sayid is that, after coming to, Sayid says, "What happened?" I don't think that's what Jacob would have said.

Moon Rabbits
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
The issue with Jacob possessing Sayid is that, after coming to, Sayid says, "What happened?" I don't think that's what Jacob would have said.

Sayid is just Sayid.

edit: This person will die soon: Ben.

very minor spoiler: The sickness that Rousseau was always on about will apparently be discussed in the next episode.

LowCaloriePie
02-10-2010, 03:05 AM
For a Kate-centric episode that was rather enjoyable.
And thank God we saw more of Claire. :)

Moon Rabbits
02-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Good episode. KatexSawyer on the docks was like ouch my heart. The last ten minutes or so was BAAAAAAADASSSSSSSSSS. I'm glad they're following up on that whole "infection" thing.

The preview for next weeks episode shows Sawyer apparently falling to his death. Which I hope isn't a cheap hype thing because I really think they should kill him on-island.

McLovin'
02-10-2010, 06:34 AM
He's hanging onto the rope I read.

"No...I am not a zombie." i loled.

Was an ok episode, waiting for something to make me go --> :jess: (like KatexJuliet in the alt)

Psychotic
02-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I was gonna post that same exact quote. Zombie Sayid needs to happen.

Del Murder
02-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Not bad for a Kate episode, which means it was still kinda bad. Everything on the island is pretty ludicrous still. At least we see more of Claire.

Faris
02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Claire!

I found she looked a bit like Rousseau at the end.

Miriel
02-11-2010, 12:50 AM
New characters were getting on my last nerve. I hope they all just die and we can move on.

I liked the re-introduction of Claire. I thought the way they handled her initial exit was haphazard and weird so I'm glad she's back.

I can't believe what a smurfup they've turned Jack into. I mean, he's always had his issues, and I never really loved him as a character but man. Nobody likes him anymore, not fans, not the people on the show, not even himself. I wonder how the actor feels about the development of his character. If I were him, I'd be kinda pissed. "Why are you making me such a douchebag?"

Levian
02-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Good episode! Gotta love Kate. :D

Gotta love Kate, Del Murder. :colbert:

Croyles
02-11-2010, 01:05 AM
I hate Kate and her episodes. This one was kind of boring.
I still really enjoy lost but one thing that always gets on my nerves is that whenever theres someone who knows whats going on, they NEVER explain it. It seems to just be a cheap way to prolong it.

Levian
02-11-2010, 01:15 AM
I still really enjoy lost but one thing that always gets on my nerves is that whenever theres someone who knows whats going on, they NEVER explain it. It seems to just be a cheap way to prolong it.

That's easily one of the most annoying things with Lost, especially when they try to double those moments as cliffhangers.

McLovin'
02-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Hey hey what is this a press conference?!

Anyone else notice Miles has been acting really weird towards Saeed? I think he acted the same right before Claire disappeared and Sawyer said something like "you're gonna need a restraining order." Maybe he can "feel" the sickness.

Oh it was right after that DHARMA house blew up with Claire inside!

LowCaloriePie
02-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I can't believe what a smurfup they've turned Jack into. I mean, he's always had his issues, and I never really loved him as a character but man. Nobody likes him anymore, not fans, not the people on the show, not even himself. I wonder how the actor feels about the development of his character. If I were him, I'd be kinda pissed. "Why are you making me such a douchebag?"

"It's all my fault! He was helping ME! I'm such a bad person! :cry:"
Shut the hell up, you know you were helping everyone by dropping
the atomic bomb. Stop it with your stupid, unjustified pity party.

Croyles
02-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Hey hey what is this a press conference?!

Anyone else notice Miles has been acting really weird towards Saeed? I think he acted the same right before Claire disappeared and Sawyer said something like "you're gonna need a restraining order." Maybe he can "feel" the sickness.

Oh it was right after that DHARMA house blew up with Claire inside!

Theres really moments of brilliance like this where it seems to prove that the creators knew where they were going with it from the start, but they could do with a few more instances of distilling my fears.

Last season and theres still a crapload of stuff left to explain.

McLovin'
02-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Also something interesting to note.

Sawyer raided his old house in dharmaville and found the ring that HE put there in 1977 so that would mean that whatever happened, did happen and that the bomb going off truly did split the timelines. So his life with Juliet did still occur back in 1977. One timeline where the bomb went off and one where it simply didn't and all the Losties die (which would be the main timeline we are watching).

Moon Rabbits
02-11-2010, 04:36 AM

Aw, I feel sorry for Jack :( I like him more than most people on the show >_> maybe I am biased because he's prettyyyyyyy~

edit: Actually I can't say I like him more than most of the remaining original characters because I lurrrv them all. I just wish Sun and Jin would hurry up and find each other.

also Sawyer < / 3. I still think the scene on the docks was amaaazing.

McLovin'
02-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Jimmy Fallon's Spoof on LOST called LATE | LOST Media Mentions (http://lostmediamentions.blogspot.com/2010/02/jimmy-fallons-spoof-on-lost-called-late.html)

this is one of the coolest/funniest Lost related thing I've ever seen.

Moon Rabbits
02-17-2010, 04:07 AM
Lol all the previews for upcoming episodes are like "the time for questions is over!"

Yeah right.

McLovin'
02-17-2010, 06:13 AM
Good eppy, digging the smokey point of view scenes.

I like Frank. I hope he plays more of a role in the season.

Moon Rabbits
02-17-2010, 07:45 AM
digging the smokey point of view scenes.

Totally ripped off of the Evil Dead.

Psychotic
02-17-2010, 03:20 PM
I like Frank. I hope he plays more of a role in the season.Hell yeah. I want to see a Frank and Sawyer no-nonsense dream team.

Glad alt-Locke got to be with Helen. :)

Also hahahaha at nerdy teacher Ben.

Del Murder
02-18-2010, 06:33 AM
SMOKE VISION HELL YEAH

LowCaloriePie
02-24-2010, 03:02 AM
"That's not John... that's 'my friend.' :)" Priceless. However, I do find it a bit odd that this is the first we've heard of Jack's son.

McLovin'
02-24-2010, 06:06 AM
"That's not John... that's 'my friend.' :)" Priceless. However, I do find it a bit odd that this is the first we've heard of Jack's son.

Well he doesn't have a son in the "present" timeline.

This episodes purpose seemed to just move the story a little but otherwise nothing more...

Moon Rabbits
02-24-2010, 06:37 AM
That episode left me totally "meh"

NOTHING HAPPENED.

Psychotic
02-24-2010, 05:07 PM
NOTHING HAPPENED.Untrue! Jack broke several mirrors. Mirrors, damnit! And just when he was becoming somewhat likeable again.

welp, time to work on my ClairexLocke fanfic. It's funny that she's become Rousseau 2.0.

Bunny
02-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Doesn't he already have enough bad luck? Stupid Jack.

LowCaloriePie
02-24-2010, 09:50 PM

Well he doesn't have a son in the "present" timeline.

Well why would he have a son in one timeline and not the other? :confused:

Psychotic
02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
The two timelines have a lot of differences. (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_flash-sideways_timeline_and_original_timeline)

Anyway the fake Locke guy definitely has the best team. Sayid, Sawyer, and now Crazy Claire? That's a winning combination right there. All Jacob has going for him is Hurley. Jack and Kate are just going to fuck things up like they always do.

Parker
02-24-2010, 11:21 PM
European History Teacher Ben is my favourite side-ways timeline mini-suprise so far.

Also Jacob owns Flocke any day, badass crew or not.

Miriel
02-25-2010, 12:06 AM
I hate this show so smurfing much.

I never thought I'd see the day when a show could go from brilliant to :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty in a manner worse than Alias. God damn Abrams.

I hate Abrams so smurfing much.

Del Murder
02-25-2010, 02:15 AM
This episode sucked. 'The time for questions is over' my ass.

McLovin'
02-25-2010, 02:50 AM
So...I think the big mystery of whether or not Jack has a vagina has finally been answered.

Anyone feel that the producers aren't even trying to be subtle anymore? Like when Hurley talked about Adam and Eve it seemed like the producers were pointing a megaphone to all the casual viewers to get them on track.

Del Murder
02-25-2010, 07:53 PM
'The time for subtleness is OVER.'

Moon Rabbits
02-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Anyway the fake Locke guy definitely has the best team. Sayid, Sawyer, and now Crazy Claire? That's a winning combination right there. All Jacob has going for him is Hurley. Jack and Kate are just going to smurf things up like they always do.

Hells ya.

I agree with Miriel+Del, though, this :bou::bou::bou::bou: is bananas and not in a good way.

I swear to god the only reason I was still watching was because Matthew Fox is sexy when he flies into mirror-smashing rages and I was curious what that scene was all about from the previews ... now I have nothing to watch for.

So...I think the big mystery of whether or not Jack has a vagina has finally been answered.

:confused:

Psychotic
02-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Speaking of Jack and his body parts, I like how the appendix scar (from the op that I think Juliet and Bernard gave him) appeared and he had no idea what the smurf, just like that cut on his neck in the first episode. Kind of cool how the real universe is bleeding (literally, ho ho ho!) into the alt one.

Was kind of a meh episode, though, yeah, but then Lost has always had filler eps like that. Want Richard and Ben please.

Faris
02-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Want Richard and Ben please.

Yes :(

This ep wasn't the greatest, like most others have said. I found just when it caught my attention again the commercials started too >=(

Del Murder
02-26-2010, 12:47 AM
How do you have time for filler episodes when there are only like 10 episodes left in the whole series? BSG did this too and it was annoying. And the ending of that show SUCKED. I expect the same fate for Lost. These writers have no clue what they're doing.

Miriel
02-26-2010, 12:56 AM
BSG. :crying:

I didn't realize it, but you're totally right.

BSG was all, FINAL SEASON! ALL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!!

And the final season ended up being a ton of filler followed by a finale that made no smurfing sense and didn't answer any damn question. Ugh. I have such little hope for Lost, since Lost is more of a clustersmurf than BSG ever was. Lost is more of a clusterfuck than any show that has ever existed. :o

Croyles
02-26-2010, 03:08 AM
Heh, I liked the last two episodes. To me it actually does feel like its getting somewhere, but still unsure if they will screw it up or not.

Lockes/alt-Lockes episode was definitely better though.

So uhmmm, is the sideway-timeline a parallel universe that split off when the island dissapeared (underwater?) and that whole time travelling stuff started? Thats what im guessing anyway.

Bunny
02-26-2010, 04:14 AM
This season better pick up the pace. After last season, this show has been pissing me off; I hate when shows use time travel as a plot device. They need to start answering all the questions that they constantly put out instead of just throwing out more wacky :bou::bou::bou::bou: every episode.

I hate Jack, I hate Kate, I hate this show.

Argh!

LowCaloriePie
02-26-2010, 04:27 AM
So uhmmm, is the sideway-timeline a parallel universe that split off when the island dissapeared (underwater?) and that whole time travelling stuff started? Thats what im guessing anyway.

The alternate timeline is what would have happened if the atomic bomb at the end of Season 5 worked.

Moon Rabbits
02-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Considering the producers have flat out said "we will not explain everything" I think it's safe to say this show is going down the :bou::bou::bou::bou:ter.

Predictions: Jack and Kate are Adam and Eve; Locke's "soul" or w/e wins over Smokey; big finale and an OMG THEY WERE ALL MEANT TO BE THERE FOR NO REASON REALLY AT ALL JUST BECAUSE. Christian and all the apparitions = smokey who was guiding them all along for no particular reason that actually won't make retroactive sense; uhhh and uhm if Jacob lived under the foot then who was in the cabin? Smokey obvii, but uh, that doesn't make sense either so oh :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

I highly doubt stupid :bou::bou::bou::bou: like Hurley's bird or "omg the others don't leave footprints" will ever be explained.

Croyles
02-26-2010, 02:42 PM
This season better pick up the pace. After last season, this show has been pissing me off; I hate when shows use time travel as a plot device. They need to start answering all the questions that they constantly put out instead of just throwing out more wacky :bou::bou::bou::bou: every episode.

I hate Jack, I hate Kate, I hate this show.

Argh!

Considering the producers have flat out said "we will not explain everything" I think it's safe to say this show is going down the :bou::bou::bou::bou:ter.

Predictions: Jack and Kate are Adam and Eve; Locke's "soul" or w/e wins over Smokey; big finale and an OMG THEY WERE ALL MEANT TO BE THERE FOR NO REASON REALLY AT ALL JUST BECAUSE. Christian and all the apparitions = smokey who was guiding them all along for no particular reason that actually won't make retroactive sense; uhhh and uhm if Jacob lived under the foot then who was in the cabin? Smokey obvii, but uh, that doesn't make sense either so oh :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

I highly doubt stupid :bou::bou::bou::bou: like Hurley's bird or "omg the others don't leave footprints" will ever be explained.

Wow people, calm down, its just a show.

LowCaloriePie
02-26-2010, 04:10 PM

Yes, a show that we've dedicated over 120 hours in watching.

Psychotic
02-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Actually the last show was the 108th hour. 108 IS ONE OF THE NUMBERS!!!!!

Also I dunno you guys, that last episode about Locke wasn't so bad. It's just Jack and Kate episodes that suck and have always sucked because the characters themselves suck. But for some reason the producers think everybody loves them and wants to see them and so give them a lot of airtime.

Moon Rabbits
02-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Actually, I like Jack and Kate :bigsmile:

Psychotic
02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
You are dead to me. DEAD TO ME. DEAD LIKE LOCKE. (too soon?)

LunarWeaver
02-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I like Kate. Always have. Throw tomatoes all you wish.

Psychotic
02-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Kate is basically the Clubbin' Sheva of Lost.

LunarWeaver
02-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Clubbin' looks like a hooker that got her hair from a Tyler Perry movie, but she shoots people with an AK-47. Half your assessment is incorrect :colbert:

Psychotic
02-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Well seeing as how Kate has never shot anybody...

McLovin'
02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
They just need to show some Desmond <3 and noone will complain.

Bunny
02-26-2010, 11:03 PM

When you enjoy something (regardless of how angry it makes you), it isn't just a show. So... shut up.

charliepanayi
02-26-2010, 11:26 PM
You could just stop watching, the way people on here are going on I wonder why they bother watching something they seem to be getting so little enjoyment from. The last episode was pretty filler-ish but the season has been good so far. They've been planning for an ending for three years now and I doubt it'll be perfect but I think it'll be worth the wait.

Croyles
02-27-2010, 01:26 AM
I like Jack kind of, hate Kate though.

And yeah exactly, if you dont like it, dont watch it!

Del Murder
02-27-2010, 01:32 AM
You want to see it to the end because you invested so much time into it. It's like reading a really good book that just falls apart near the end. There's only 1 chapter left, might as well finish it, but doesn't mean we can't complain on how much better it could have been!

Miriel
02-27-2010, 01:53 AM
You could just stop watching, the way people on here are going on I wonder why they bother watching something they seem to be getting so little enjoyment from. The last episode was pretty filler-ish but the season has been good so far. They've been planning for an ending for three years now and I doubt it'll be perfect but I think it'll be worth the wait.

Lost used to be one of my absolute favorite shows. The pilot episode will still go down as one of the best TV premieres, ever. The number one question that has been asked since the beginning of the show is, "What is the island and why are they there?" In all the seasons that Lost has been on, they've NEVER answered that question. As the show got crappier and crappier, they still didn't answer it. We still kept watching because we're still invested in the characters and their fate. Now we're at the end of the show, last season, and we're finally supposed to be getting answers.

So we watch, incredulously with growing impatience to find out wtf all this was about. And we can complain about it, and there's nothing wrong with that!

McLovin'
02-27-2010, 02:07 AM
The island is like a champagne cork (not a cock although one could argue given how everyone gets smurfed by it eventually)

Croyles
02-27-2010, 02:55 AM
Fair enough, although, i think most people on here have been saying that its crappy all the way back since season 3-4.

Im still enjoying it, however, even if I have my doubts about what the ending is going to be.

Psychotic
02-27-2010, 03:20 AM
I love Lost and it's my favourite show. Doesn't mean I have to love everything they do. :monster:

charliepanayi
02-27-2010, 08:46 AM
I love Lost and it's my favourite show. Doesn't mean I have to love everything they do. :monster:

Yeah but by the look of recent comments it's becoming less of a case of not enjoying everything (Lost has always been flawed in some respects of course - too many bloody redshirts for one) and more a case of some people not enjoying anything. Some of these comments suggest that people havn't been liking things much for a number of series now and yet continue to watch!

Del Murder
02-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I only watch for Smokey. And Ben Linus. I hope those two finally get together this season.

McLovin'
03-03-2010, 06:04 AM
Ok that was seriously an AWESOME episode.

It's nice when the bad guy seems to be winning but I bet by the end we'll see Jacob's true plan and it'll be epic.

Oh Ben's prolly gonna die next episode based on the retardedly spoilerery promo.

Kirobaito
03-03-2010, 09:39 AM

It's nice when the bad guy seems to be winning but I bet by the end we'll see Jacob's true plan and it'll be epic.

Oh Ben's prolly gonna die next episode based on the retardedly spoilerery promo.
The promo was so retardedly spoilerery that there's basically no way that Ben dies next week.

LowCaloriePie
03-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Thank goodness Dogen and Lennon died were killed. Totally rooting for smokey.

Psychotic
03-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Thank goodness Dogen and Lennon died were killed. Totally rooting for smokey.Hell yeah. Although they died in the pool, so it wouldn't surprise me if they come back from the dead.

"Hello Sayid."
*stab*
"....:|"
:eek:
"Now why'd you go and do that?"

Is one of the best exchanges I have seen on television in a long time. The Army of Locke kicks ass. Don't let Kate join, Smokester, she'll only betray you for her precious Jack.

Oh, and Keamy and his eggs out of nowhere, and Sayid popping him when he's been on screen for less than five minutes. Brilliant.

Del Murder
03-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Meh. Why are they making characters evil? Hopefully Ben episode will be better.

Psychotic
03-03-2010, 04:45 PM
I fail to see why killing Keamy, Dogen and Ratface is evil. :colbert:

Also...he could give Sayid Nadia? Is that where the alt universe comes into play? Hmm.

Del Murder
03-03-2010, 06:10 PM
No it's more like, 'you can go join Nadia now...' *shoots Sayid in the head*.

Psychotic
03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
That's way too obvious for Lost.

Del Murder
03-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Or it's so obvious that everyone suspects it, so that makes it the least obvious thing for them to do.

Or they don't know what they're doing and don't give a smurf anymore and this won't even be addressed at all.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
03-04-2010, 10:35 AM
ahhh frak another stupid decision made by Kate...i hope shes the next to go...just so we dont have to put up with her whinging and pointless travels and love triangles!!

Smokey FTW...it just makes people look badass...case in point Sayid and Claire! Insane.

I hope this all makes sense in the end lol...The complainers (with very good points btw) should reserve judgement on the season and series till the series finale...we all made it this far anyways!!

McLovin'
03-04-2010, 10:06 PM

The promo was so retardedly spoilerery that there's basically no way that Ben dies next week.

I don't know about this episode but he'll probably kick the curb soon...He's a good character to kill off to make an impact on the audience.

Croyles
03-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Poor Sayid getting manipulated once again.

I just want to know what the deal with Smokey v Jacob is already.

charliepanayi
03-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Isn't it less a case of Sayid being manipulated and more that 'infection' taking hold. He and Claire are long gone in terms of sanity anyway.

Dogen probably should have thought of alternative methods of getting people on your side. Like not treating them like crap all the time and being absurdly cryptic. And Lennon should have learnt to not run up to the obviously crazy guy with the knife.

PeneloRatsbane
03-06-2010, 11:14 PM
I enjoyed Sayid fighting Dogen, that was kickass, I loved how he used a broom. He should have a series about using household objects as weapons, That dishwasher bit from s.5 is one of my favourite moments.

Bunny
03-06-2010, 11:57 PM
I just want to know what the deal with Smokey v Jacob is already.

This is really the only reason I watch the show anymore. Since the beach scene with Jacob and Mr. Evil Smoke Security System Dude, I've wanted to know what the deal is between them. Why are they immortal, how'd they get on the island, and why the hell do they hate each other so much. Also what is the deal with Jacob's naming game.

I don't even care about the characters anymore. Kate is retarded, Jake is retarded, Locke is deadtarded, Sayid is getting manipulated more times than a high school boy, Hurley is retardedly not questioning why the hell Jacob is making him do all these stupid things and following him blindly (which is part of his character, I get it, but he should have learned by now).

Moon Rabbits
03-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Good episode was good.

Psychotic
03-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Arzt - Ben - Locke teaching dream team.

I'd forgotten all about Widmore! But man the CGI on that sub was utterly terrible. FFVII had better FMVs than that.

Faris
03-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Ben and Richard! :heart: I absolutely adored this episode. Ben redeems himself in his flash sideways and in the normal time line, which made me smile.

I was all wtf when Windmore's sub went by but then I remembered that we don't know all that much about him so his story kinda needs to wrap up. Desmond too! I hope this means he'll be back! :jess:

Also, now that I think about it, I don't remember Michael being touched. Maybe I've forgotten a line or something, but at one point he could not die. :confused:

Del Murder
03-15-2010, 08:28 AM
They should all be Ben episodes.

The Man
03-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Yeah, that was one of the best episodes this season, if not the best.

Del Murder
03-16-2010, 05:20 AM
Anyone know how many episodes are left?

Moon Rabbits
03-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Ben's episode was 7 out of 16 iirc.

McLovin'
03-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Finale is a 3-parter. So its 18 episodes.

McLovin'
03-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Next episode better be mind blowing...

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Bad episode was bad.
Next week looks promising.

PeneloRatsbane
03-17-2010, 05:43 PM
What idiot decided that Charlotte and Sawyer should have scenes together, waste of time. We learnt stuff we already know about Sawyer and absolutely nothing about Charlotte

stupid lost writers wasting our time, this better start unraveling soon

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
"Ugh, this show"
is pretty much all I find myself thinking
ever.

Psychotic
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I never thought a Sawyer episode could be that bland. I mean, don't get me wrong, Sawyer's still a badman and I would love to see a TV show made out of him and Miles being cops, but ehhhhh why couldn't Claire have killed Kate?

LowCaloriePie
03-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Should I even bother watching this week's?
Did I miss anything noteworthy?

Moon Rabbits
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Should I even bother watching this week's?
Did I miss anything noteworthy?

The ONLY "noteworthy" thing, I would say, was Locke's conversation with Kate which is something to the effect of: "A long long time ago I had a crazy mother; a very disturbed mother."

And Kate was all "Why are you telling me this?"

And Locke is all "Cuz now Aaron has a crazy mom too."

I lol'd. Other than that it was pretty ... bleh.

Psychotic
03-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Also Widmore's submarine has a locked room!!!! in it and they made a big deal out of it, so you know that's gonna come up later.

(It'll probably have Desmond inside!)

McLovin'
03-18-2010, 12:13 AM
The number review for next ep look good.

Faris
03-18-2010, 04:45 AM
(It'll probably have Desmond inside!)
Oh, do I ever hope so. It would be nice to see why the island isn't "done with him yet"

It was pretty awesome seeing Sawyer as a cop. Honestly, Charlotte could have been a totally new character for all I care.

The Man
03-18-2010, 08:44 AM
So was I the only one who liked this episode? I agree more could've been done with Charlotte's character but other than that I enjoyed it. Though yeah, next episode should rule. More Nestor Carbonell is never a bad thing.

PeneloRatsbane
03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
It narks me off that they used Charlotte for that, If they were going to demote her to that level then they should have wrapped her up in a bow and given her to Faraday as a reward, at least that would have made more sense.
It bugs me that they have so many opportunities to represent women in a better way, I mean Charlotte is super smart, but do they go into that no cos shes a woman and they use women in such a stupid way on Lost.
Loved her slamming the door on Sawyer tho, that was the most in character she was in the episode

Flying Mullet
03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
What idiot decided that Charlotte and Sawyer should have scenes together, waste of time. We learnt stuff we already know about Sawyer and absolutely nothing about Charlotte

They probably did that because people assumed Sawyer x Juliet and Charlotte x Faraday in the alternate reality. See, the writers can still throw in twists that no one will see coming and it'll be mind blowing! :roll2

I would love to see a TV show made out of him and Miles being cops
Absolutely.

Also Widmore's submarine has a locked room!!!! in it and they made a big deal out of it, so you know that's gonna come up later.
If it does come up later, I thought that was really lazy foreshadowing on the writers' part. Sawyer isn't going to get nosy about some random locked room or door on this sub. If he was that nosy he'd check every other door in the place as he was walking through to see what's inside.

Writer 1: "Hey, we need to let people know that Widmore has something secrety on his sub. How do we write it in so people want to know what's in there?"
Writer 2: "Hey, have Sawyer ignore all of the other doors in the sub and when he walks by this completely arbitrary door the locks on it will cause him to pause and make a big deal out of it. The viewers will ignore the fact that all Sawyer's focused on is getting off of the island and if he's planning on stealing the sub he'll have plenty of time to bust open the locks as he travels back to the mainland."
Writer 1: "Brilliant! You're a genius!"
Writer 2: "Thanks! Everyone's been saying that since I wrote season 2."

Next week's episode has the chance to be the first good one of the season.

PeneloRatsbane
03-18-2010, 04:16 PM

They probably did that because people assumed Sawyer x Juliet and Charlotte x Faraday in the alternate reality. See, the writers can still throw in twists that no one will see coming and it'll be mind blowing! :roll2

Yeah they fail.
I mean I could almost accept Sawyer not finding Juliet (altho I want him to so badly) but they need to do Charlotte and Faraday and Claire and Charlie because they both ended tragically. Is it too much to ask that they continue the more interesting love stories?
Cos i for one am sick to death of SawyerXKateXJulietXJack

Del Murder
03-18-2010, 09:31 PM
The best part about this episode was at the end when the preview showed next week is the long-awaited Richard episode.

I was getting scared too when Kate showed up at the end of Sawyer's flash thingy. 'Oh god not another Kate episode...'

Miriel
03-18-2010, 09:35 PM
I hated Charlotte's character from the beginning so I wasn't happy to see her again. Sawyer & Miles being all cop buddies was cute but also kinda silly. Like the whole time it felt like they were playing dress up.

I can't believe we're this many episodes in and it still feels like we haven't hit the meat of it yet. And I swear to god if they leave off the Sun/Jin reunion until the last episodes I will be PISSED. Jesus christ how long have those two been separated? And super callous & evil Sayid is no fun. Yes we get it, you're all super duper evil cause of some evil infection of evilness. Oooh scary.

I am excited for next week's episode. I love Richard! He's like one of the few characters left who I even like anymore.

PS. Did anyone else notice anything off about the camera work? It felt so different to me, but maybe I'm going nuts.

Moon Rabbits
03-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Next week's episode has the chance to be the first good one of the season.

Did you see the Dr. Linus episode!?!?!????? Seriously, though, you're right. If this Richard episode isn't as mind blowing as I've hyped it up in my head to be, I'll be pissed and totally "done" with this show. Even though I'll keep watching.

Yeah they fail.
I mean I could almost accept Sawyer not finding Juliet (altho I want him to so badly)

Dunno about those other side stories, but I know that Elizabeth Mitchell is returning sometime near the end of the season, which, to me, is a big "JULIET AND SAWYER GET TOGETHER IN THE ALT LINE." - either that, or Juliet is Jack's baby momma.

Sawyer & Miles being all cop buddies was cute but also kinda silly. Like the whole time it felt like they were playing dress up.

This this this.

I can't believe we're this many episodes in and it still feels like we haven't hit the meat of it yet. And I swear to god if they leave off the Sun/Jin reunion until the last episodes I will be PISSED. Jesus christ how long have those two been separated?

Over three years. :P Unfortunately, Sun and Jin apparently (mild spoiler) won't get reunited until later in the season. Though, I read that a long time ago, so "later" probably means in the upcoming JinxSun episode the week after Richard's episode. Also, (sort of medium-sized spoiler but) Jin and Sun's reunion won't be happy. Jin is apparently all fucked up b/c he was put in Room 23 (Remember that place?!?? circa Season 3) by Widmore's science team.

And super callous & evil Sayid is no fun. Yes we get it, you're all super duper evil cause of some evil infection of evilness. Oooh scary.

No :bou::bou::bou::bou:. I don't get why Sayid is all "empty soulless vessel, I have no feelings gwar" if he has the same infection as Claire who is nothing but RAGING BALL OF EMOTION AND CRAZINESS. I mean, if Claire has the capacity to feel the emotions she does about AaronxKate, wouldn't Sayid have the capacity to realize Kate was once his friend and is being assaulted by Claire ?? And you know, help? W/e.

PS. Did anyone else notice anything off about the camera work? It felt so different to me, but maybe I'm going nuts.

Yeah, I did too. The whole episode was weird. We're into "act 2" of the season now, though, according to the producers - so maybe they're trying to go for something aesthetically?? :S

The Man
03-19-2010, 06:55 AM
It's possible that the infection has different stages that cause people to behave differently. Claire has apparently been infected for three years so it'd make sense that she'd behave differently than Sayid. It may also simply have different effects on different people.

Kirobaito
03-19-2010, 07:26 AM
I've been having various discussions with people about my issues with the flash-sidewayses, and what I see as either serious continuity errors, or that it's completely erroneous to think that the detonation of Jughead is what created our alternate timestream. I'm going to post what I've said on another forum, and hang up and listen:

The only changes in the timeline happened because of the hydrogen bomb detonating. The Losties' prior interference on the island in 1977 - Sayid shooting Ben, saving Amy, Eloise shooting Daniel, etc. - did not create a new timeline. The ONLY thing that created a new timeline was the bomb going off. Anything and everything prior to that point is established history. This includes the submarine leaving the island.

I present two pieces of evidence for this: Ben and Dr. Chang. Sayid, Kate, and Juliet's interference in Ben's life as a child in no way affects the flash-sideways timeline differently than it does the "normal" timeline. In the timeline we had for five seasons, the "original timeline," what happened to Ben involving the Losties was no different. Ben as a child had been shot by a time-traveling Sayid and saved by the Losties, never to be the same again. That event happened, and there was never a timeline in which that event did not happen, or happened differently.

In the case of Dr. Chang, we have a more direct comparison. In the Incident fiasco, minutes before Juliet detonates the bomb, Dr. Chang loses his arm when it gets pinned. In one of the Dharma videos we saw during seasons 2 or 3, Dr. Chang did not have an arm. This is pretty clear evidence that the events that occurred in 1977 prior to the bomb going off HAPPENED in both timelines. What created the new flash-sideways timeline we're seeing, it is supposed, is not as a general result of the Losties interfering with Dharma in 1977. They interfered in 1977 in the original timeline, as well. The ONLY event that created this new timeline, we are assuming, is the bomb going off. Everything that happened before the bomb going off happened in every conceivable timeline, include the timeline that we've seen for five and a half seasons as well as this alternate flash-sideways timeline.

Another example is Eloise shooting Daniel. The Losties' interference prior to the bomb going off in 1977 is established history, as Eloise in the original timeline that we saw last season knows that she shot Daniel.

We are forced, therefore, to apply this same understanding to the submarine, because the submarine left the island prior to the bomb going off. The submarine leaving the island precisely as it did, when it did, should be governed by the same principles that have guided our other examples -- Eloise shooting Daniel, Sayid shooting Ben, and Dr. Chang losing his arm. Nothing the Losties did changed the submarine leaving in a way that would affect the flash-sideways timeline. The submarine leaving the island happened in both the original timeline as well as the flash-sideways timeline.

Among the people to leave the island via the submarine during this part are Miles and Charlotte. In the original timeline, we know, Miles and Charlotte left the island when they were young, Miles under extreme conditions that led his mother to resent his father. The way in which Miles left the island as a baby happened in the original timeline, as well as our flash-sideways timeline, because you're acknowledging that in the cosmos of the flash-sideways, Ben and his dad were on the submarine.

What I challenge you on is your insistence that Ben and his dad were on that submarine. We know that there is nothing different about the submarine leaving the island between the original timeline and the flash-sideways timeline, because nothing else that happened prior to the bomb going off is different, as the numerous examples above hopefully have shown.

In the original timeline, as shown by the episode "The Man Behind the Curtain," Ben grows up on the island, eventually killing his father. He did not leave the island on the submarine in this original timeline. Therefore, he did not leave the island on the submarine in the flash-sideways timeline either, because this event occurred prior to the hydrogen bomb being detonated.

In order for your understanding to be an accurate one, the following would have to be true:

1) In the original timeline, as well as the flash-sideways timeline, Ben and his dad were on the submarine, something which would have been very important for the writers to have shown, as we're not even shown that Ben returns to Dharma during the Incident hoopla. There can be no discrepancies between the two timelines, as the submarine left prior to the bomb going off.

2) In the "original timeline," the one in which the bomb did not go off and which we have seen play out for five seasons, after leaving the island, Ben and his dad return to the island. After leaving the island, Roger Linus decides he actually wants to go back and Ben wants to go back and live in Dharmaville some more, rather than living in the real world. An occurrence like this has in no way been suggested by the "original" timeline.

3) After the Losties officially "interfere" and create a new timeline, though, by detonating the bomb, the years 1977-2004 can be played out differently. Presumably, Ben and his dad, after leaving the island on the submarine, do not return to the island, because there is no more island. Ben goes to school and gets his PhD, and his dad lives with him until the events of "Dr. Linus" unfold.

(1) is a given, because based on the show with which we have been presented, there seems not to be a logical counter-argument to it, and I have presented ample amount of argument in favor of it. (2), while I feel it is quite implausible based on what we know of Ben's character, is nonetheless still possible. (3) is another matter. In "Dr. Linus," Ben's father asks him about what their lives would have been like had they stayed on the island. For Ben's father to ask this question requires him to somehow not know that the bomb ever went off. In their understanding, the island is still there, because we must presume that it wasn't a rhetorical question, and that Roger Linus didn't know the answer was "lol dad, we'd have been esploded."

Why would they not have known the island went kaboom? When they left the island, they had to have departed from the knowledge of the Dharma Initiative, so as to not have learned that 2 hours after leaving the island on the submarine, a hydrogen bomb went off. This therefore means that, in the original timeline, in which your understanding requires that Ben and his dad return to the island after leaving, go and do their own thing independent of Dharma, only to later be re-recruited and return.

Lastly, we have our first image from this season - the island underwater. I'm no expert in geology, but I really don't think that a hydrogen bomb would sink an island. I also think that if a hydrogen bomb, far more powerful than this,

http://www.freeinfosociety.com/media/images/798.jpg

exploded on an island, some houses made out of wood just a mile or so away wouldn't have continued to stand in any manner.

Therefore, we are at an impasse. I believe that your understanding of what we're seeing is a priori - you are assuming that the flash-sideways is as a result of the bomb's explosion creating a new timeline, where we are not yet met with sufficient evidence to back that up. I am wagering that there are an awful lot of implausibilities associated with that viewpoint, and so do not necessarily subscribe to the presupposition that you are subscribing to.

The alternative is, of course, that this is a major continuity error. Some may say that all of this is not so much a continuity error so much as it is me overanalyzing things. I counter that my reasoning here is not actually that complex. It's long, but I do not believe I'm jumping to any conclusion that is not self-evident, to put it in Cartesian terms. This reasoning was obvious to me from the first time we saw Ben. Up to this point, I had never described it as I do above, but I came to this conclusion rather easily based on the evidence as we have it in the show itself.

I hope to, in making this incredibly long post, that I have sufficiently explained my position. I've had difficulty explaining this to many people, but hopefully this is detailed and syllogistic enough to explain my point.

The Man
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Interesting post. I'd be interested in seeing the thread it's a response to, so I can get more of an idea of the arguments it's responding to.

Flying Mullet
03-19-2010, 01:27 PM
I've been wondering if the island is Atlantis and it "moves" around the globe. That's why it disappeared or "dropped" into the water when Ben moved the wheel, as it has been moved in the past. It could help explain the Egyptian hieroglyphics and the island being on the bottom of the ocean in an earlier episode. I don't have much evidence to support it, but it's fun to think about.

Psychotic
03-19-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't think the bomb in and of itself is what sunk the island, I think whatever the hell is under the Swan did it after being hit by the bomb.

Moon Rabbits
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Uhm I think the alternate timeline is the "magic box" sort of. Basically, it's what the characters deserve - I mean, remember smokey asking Sayid if he would join him if Smokey could give him what he wanted most (ie. Nadia). And then in the alt timeline, bam, that happens.

I'm also thinking that the Island sunk b/c Smokey left it, which is why everyone is freaking out about him leaving.

Either that or the writers really just have no idea. I think that might be it.

Kirobaito
03-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Interesting post. I'd be interested in seeing the thread it's a response to, so I can get more of an idea of the arguments it's responding to.
The thread really wouldn't help. It's at a forum where you have to be a member to read threads. But the guy I was trying to explain this to basically was not getting what I was meaning at all.

Him: "I am not even going to attempt to tackle the 4,000 inconsistencies revealed in flash-sideways land today, the most heinous of which was Miles' implication that his father was alive. That makes zero sense."

Me: "There have been such an incredible amount of obvious inconsistencies in the timelines - Ben's dad's presence, Ben's presence, Miles having a dad, etc. - that I don't think we're seeing what we assume we're seeing."

Other person: "Why is that inconsistent?"

Me: "Ben's dad would have died in the explosion of the hydrogen bomb, if that's what we're going off of.

The people who left the island before the bomb went off left anyway. We have no indication that it had anything to do with the bomb going off. We know this because young Miles and Charlotte both left the island, in every timeline. That is history. History only got changed when the bomb went off. Therefore, we know that Ben's dad never left the island, because Ben would later grow up to kill him. Ben's dad was on the island when the bomb went off.

There are many things that would have to be changed, that we have no indication of, in order for this side-flash to work."

Him: "Well, bens Dad I assumed was on the sub (along with Ben, though they never showed it on camera)."

Me: "Why do you assume Ben's dad was on the sub?

In the timeline where the bomb did not go off, the sub still left the island with many women and children, but not Ben or his dad. Ben and his dad were not on that sub, because they stayed on the island for years after that point. We have no reason to believe any of that should have changed because the bomb went off."

Him: "Errr...what does the original timeline have to do with it?

The flash sideways are the future of the timeline in which the bomb exploded, the submarine left with most of the DHARMA folks on it, and the island sunk as a result of the bomb as shown in the season premiere (Island sunk WITH dharma barracks intact)

So the only way for Bens dad to be alive in the flash sideways would be for him to have left on the submarine in "The Incident." Otherwise he'd be dead and sunk with the island.

Right?"

Me: "The submarine left with "most of the DHARMA folks" in the original timeline, as well. That's why Miles and Charlotte left, just as they did before. The submarine leaving is a fact of every timeline, and has nothing to do with the Losties changing the timeline by detonating the bomb. Ben and his dad weren't on it."

Him: "I don't think I understand what you're suggesting.

How else could Ben and his father be alive in the sideways timeline?

Things didn't happen like they did before. They DID change things. (Or, rather, created a new timeline)"

And thus my post. I've had similar problems explaining this to other people.

Miriel
03-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I think trying to think critically about Lost and making sense of everything is useless. I doubt the writers know wtf they're doing and are just making it up as they go along.

Del Murder
03-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I think trying to think critically about Lost and making sense of everything is useless. I doubt the writers know wtf they're doing and are just making it up as they go along.
Bingo.

McLovin'
03-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Ok I get it, Jacob and MiB are against each other. Nothing new tbh :p

The Man
03-24-2010, 06:53 AM
I liked it. Then again I'm a sucker for Richard episodes.

Flying Mullet
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
A lot of the recent episodes felt like they were retreading on old ground, so this episode was fun in that there was a lot of fresh material, even if it was not mind-blowing.

And holy :bou::bou::bou::bou:, that had to be one big-ass wave to raise the ship high enough to crash into the statue's head and then leave it in the middle of the island. Or did the island "sink" so that the head was at sea level and then raise back up after the wrecked ship was over the island?

So does the island move or does it teleport people to it? (Really? "teleport" isn't in Firefox's dictionary?) Richard was sailing across the Atlantic when he crashed on the island, yet the Losties crashed when flying over the South Pacific. Also, Mr. Eko's brother's plane crashed on the island after taking off from somewhere in Africa. So were they teleported to the island or did the island move so that it would be in their line of travel. Is this how Jacob brings people to the island?

And lastly, if the island can physically move, does it have any boundaries? It has always been portrayed as a tropical island, but what would happen if it moved above the Tropic of Cancer or below the Tropic of Capricorn? Would the island's climate change due to the colder weather or would it be impervious to outside weather conditions? All three crashes can be placed within the Tropics, so perhaps the island's movement is confined?

LowCaloriePie
03-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Really good episode. Hopefully they can keep this up. =]

Miriel
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I liked the episode, but I really felt like it was the sort of episode that should have come like a whole season ago. It's weird that we're rushing toward the end of the show and halfway through the last season we finally get Richard's back story. There were only a couple interesting tidbits that came from the episode. If we'd had this episode last season, I would've given it like an A++++, but at this point in the game, its weird to get an episode that really doesn't drive the plot forward so much as reflect on things from the past.

Psychotic
03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
I just want to give Richard a big ol' hug.

McLovin'
03-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Nestor Carbonell (actor who plays Richard) had this really awesome impression of the finale script (no spoilers):

What can you tell us about the finale?
I got the script late, it was like 10 something at night, and usually I go to bed fairly early because you’ve got to put the kids, but no, I was up at 12:30, pouring through it, reading pieces of it again. There’s a lot of tight security as far as scripts—we all have to be there when they’re delivered, but I was really, really, thrilled to get it, and again, just blown away with what they wrote. I’m anxious for people to see it and we’re in the process of shooting it now.
There’s going to be major heartbreak, there’s going to be some very emotional stuff coming down the pike. But the emotional stuff, the payoff will be great. When you see it, and as I read it, it made complete sense what they were doing, and they’re doing it in such a beautiful way, what it needs to be. And again, without giving away too much, I think people will be fulfilled even as they may be crying.

Kinda gives me faith, ya know?

Del Murder
03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I liked the episode but his backstory dragged on at times. And again nothing really happened.

Faris
03-26-2010, 02:14 AM
I liked the episode but his backstory dragged on at times. And again nothing really happened.

I see this episode as learning about the mystery that is Richard. We now know why he doesn't age and we got a small glimpse of what the island is.

Loony BoB
03-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Whee, can't believe I've not posted in this thread yet. :p I loved the Richard episode!

Either "nothing happened" or "we learned nothing" seems to be said after each episode these days. But I see it as either "something happened" or "we learned something" - one or the other generally does happen. It is a TV series, remember - they have ten episodes to go, so obviously things that are happening / things we are learning will wrap up a load of loose ends. I see this as a whopping big loose end (Richard) being wrapped up. We now know who he is, how he got there, who he came with, his motives for staying, that he was tempted by both parties and chose accordingly, that he lost hope entirely and went back to the "dark side" but was rescued by Hurley. I mean, that's a lot. What do you need to happen to make it so that "something happened"? Does someone need to die in every episode or something?

There were so many answers in the last episode. Who is Richard? Why is he there? What does he do? What is the island's purpose, according to Jacob? When did Richard arrive? How? What is his motive? Why does he follow Jacob? What makes him tick? What was his life like before the island? How did the Black Rock arrive at the island? Who did it bring with it? How did that statue get busted down? All answered!

The Man
03-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I agree with BooB. I definitely don't get why so many people have been criticising this season for a lack of action, or not delivering answers; it seems to me that the exact opposite has been the case.

Del Murder
03-29-2010, 06:35 PM
There were so many answers in the last episode. Who is Richard? Why is he there? What does he do? What is the island's purpose, according to Jacob? When did Richard arrive? How? What is his motive? Why does he follow Jacob? What makes him tick? What was his life like before the island? How did the Black Rock arrive at the island? Who did it bring with it? How did that statue get busted down? All answered!
The issue is we already knew the answers to many of those questions based on hints given in previous episodes. It was already pretty obivious that Richard came on the Black Rock and his examination of the chains showed he was a prisoner of some sort. And we also knew that he was a liason between Jacob and the Others and his longevity was because Jacob touched him. We didn't know he had a wife, so that's new, but not very relevant. We also didn't know that Jacob 'brings' people to the island to 'test them', and that's probably the most relevant thing to come out of the episode, but that's just one new thing from an entire hour. And it's still vague, since we don't know why or how he does this.

The issue is not that we aren't learning anything or nothing happens. In an hour long show obviously something is going to happen. The issue is that not enough happens, or what happens isn't relevant to the overall questions that have been on our mind for 6 years. There are so many loose ends and so many mysteries on this show that it's frustrating to see episodes that only give you maybe 2 minutes of actual answers with the rest being filler. It's still entertaining, but somewhat unfulfilling.

Loony BoB
03-29-2010, 06:52 PM
You say that you knew all the stuff, but you should know by now that anything you know from indirect information is going to be part of a future episode that actually shows it happening. I didn't know who Richard really was. Like, I knew he was a guy who followed Jacob. I didn't know he arrived on the Black Rock until the episode before this one. I don't remember any chains - maybe I forgot something there? The islands purpose has been stated now, I didn't know that it was there primarily as a prison for the monster. I certainly didn't know that the monster met him on the day he got on the island. I didn't know that the boat smashed into the statue. I didn't know that he chose to live forever, and I didn't know that Jacob denied him those other requests. I didn't know his background of a wife, which is relevant because it tells you about the character. I think you seem to want to know the answers to the island in a quick time, whereas I enjoy the telling of the story rather than the knowing of the little facts that you pick up on here and there.

I think that last bit is key: You can say you know this and that, but each character still needs their story to be told. This is why it's a TV series rather than a movie trilogy or mini-series.

Del Murder
03-29-2010, 11:06 PM
On the contrary, I want it to be done slowly. What I think is happening is that they are stalling for the finale and then they are just going to wrap up everything one thing after another very quickly in the last episode. Like wtf moment after wtf moment. I'd rather we see some of that stuff now rather than wasting time on Richard learning English in a prison cell. The Richard episode is a bad example, because it did reveal more than some of the other episodes had. And I did realize that all the hints about the Black Rock were going to play out in his episode. But did it really need to be 90% flashback? They could have made it shorter and showed some more stuff happening on the island.

Rather than see a slow buildup to a crazy finale, which is what they're doing, I'd rather the entire season be the finale. I'll still watch regardless.

Flying Mullet
03-30-2010, 01:07 PM
We know they won't reveal a whole lot until the finale, so I prefer episodes like Richard's, which have mostly new material, rather than episodes focusing on the Losties that go nowhere and don't reveal anything.

Loony BoB
03-30-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm with Mulley on this one. It also helps that I think Richard is possibly the coolest character in the series. Finally, it would be a sham to not have him have his backstory told, and it makes sense that it would take 90% of one episode as otherwise it would take 20-25% of four episodes, which would probably be far more worthy of being labeled 'dragging things out'. Richard has had pittance when it comes to airtime in comparison to far more boring characters such as (urgh) Jack.

Del Murder
03-31-2010, 02:01 AM
I definitely agree with you guys which is why I said the Richard episode was a bad example of this. The JKS episodes have sucked balls. I definitely wouldn't have minded the Richard episode if all the others didn't feel so lagging. But in the final season, Richard's episode shouldn't be the best of the lot when we're already 10 hours into it. That's what I'm trying to say.

McLovin'
03-31-2010, 06:06 AM
I like Sun.

Miriel
03-31-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm with Mulley on this one. It also helps that I think Richard is possibly the coolest character in the series. Finally, it would be a sham to not have him have his backstory told, and it makes sense that it would take 90% of one episode as otherwise it would take 20-25% of four episodes, which would probably be far more worthy of being labeled 'dragging things out'. Richard has had pittance when it comes to airtime in comparison to far more boring characters such as (urgh) Jack.

And this is exactly why the Richard episode should have come in previous seasons, not in the middle of the very last season. People are complaining about the slow progress of the show because it's like we've been digging ourselves out of a ditch for the past 3 or so seasons. No answers, more questions, flashback flashback flashback. And I'm sure many people, myself included, expected the final season to be much more action packed than it has been. You're focusing on the Richard episode and calling out people who commented that not a ton of new info was revealed pertaining to the main mysteries of the island. But you're ignoring the previous non-Richard episodes where the complaining is legitimate imho.

It really does feel like we're running out of time. Or that they're biding their time and wasting away most of the season so they can blow up our minds with the finale. I'd prefer a season with solid episode after episode and a great finale rather than one with mediocre episodes followed by a OMFGWTFAHHHH!!! finale.

We've put up with tiny tiny nuggets of information tossed sparingly at us for years. People are sick of it. People have less patience than they did 4 years ago. It's time for Lost to :bou::bou::bou::bou: or get off the toilet. God damn.

Also, I like Sun too. I almost cried when Jin was looking at the pictures of his little girl, omg. If Jin/Sun and cute little asian baby don't end up happily ever after at the end of this, I will cut a bitch. It better not be like Harry Potter where happy families are torn apart for no reason other than to be melodramatic. :mad2:

Loony BoB
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Nah, part of what made Richard is that he had some mystery about him, so I'm glad they didn't reveal it earlier on. I feel that they timed it right when to reveal things about him and his introduction to the island. I think any sooner and it wouldn't have fitted in with his personal storyline, which until very recently wasn't a dramatic one so much as just him doing his job in the background.

We have, what, ten hours left? I think that's a lot of time to reveal things.

Slothy
03-31-2010, 11:30 AM
Nah, part of what made Richard is that he had some mystery about him, so I'm glad they didn't reveal it earlier on. I feel that they timed it right when to reveal things about him and his introduction to the island. I think any sooner and it wouldn't have fitted in with his personal storyline, which until very recently wasn't a dramatic one so much as just him doing his job in the background.

I agree with you on that. Revealing the backstory for Richard any earlier than this season would have completely ruined the character and undermined everything that made him interesting. I also agree with you that more has been happening overall this season than most people seem to notice or want to admit, but that said, we've still gotten next to no real answers about what's up with the island, Jacob and the Black Smoke. Given that this is the last season we should be getting more from the writers. The fact that we're halfway through the season and have gotten few answers of any substance is shameful. If anything I'd say we've just been hit with more questions than answers.

Last night didn't improve either. The only real big reveal was Desmond being the package if you ask me, and it's not like anyone with any sense in their head couldn't have guessed that he was what Widmore brought to the island in that locked room.

Croyles
03-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Im halfway through the latest one but I just have to say that Richards episode was damn amazing, best one since like the last few seasons.

EDIT: Just finished The Package. Was an ok episode, definitely not bad, just no way as good as Ab Aeterno.

Interesting to see Desmond return, as other people predicted here. I knew it must be playing a pivotal role in the last season, but never guessed how.
We know he travelled through time before anyone else did, but how does this help them destroy The Man in Black? Will he travel back to the 'origin of evil'?

What the hell has happened to Sayid? Has smokey sucked out his soul? Is he just a walking corpse?

Moon Rabbits
03-31-2010, 06:16 PM
I like Sun.

That's pretty much how I felt about the episode too.

Del Murder
03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
The Koreans better get together. Soon. And one of them better not die. They have a baby!

The flash sideways annoy me. They are interesting, sure, but they are revealing nothing about the main plot and are only stalling an already stalled show. I think they are the worst incarnation of the 'flashes' this show has had too. The flashbacks at least give some real history on the characters and what led to them being where they were. The flash fowards were pretty much a part of the main plot since that group was separated from the island. I wouldn't mind them as much if the parts on the island were non stop action and revelation, but they aren't. I really hope the last few episodes don't have any flashes because we need some plot development here.

And Hurley's episode better explain the numbers and why he can see the dead.

Next week is Desmond, and I like Desmond, so it should be entertaining. My guess though is that will take the entire episode to tell us why he is back on the island and the rest of it will be his misadventures in alternate reality LA and a lot of 'I'm going to tell you exactly why you're here...' *interrupted by gunshots*.

Psychotic
04-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Damnit why did they have a Jin/Sun episode then not have them finally meeting? :(

Moon Rabbits
04-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Damnit why did they have a Jin/Sun episode then not have them finally meeting? :(

Because, at this point, especially since Sun was shot in the flash sideways (:(), I don't think they're going to be reunited. Or, they will be, briefly, and one will die (betting on Sun).

Too much is pointing to that they won't get back together. Like Keamy! "Some people aren't meant to be together."

And Hurley's episode better explain the numbers and why he can see the dead.

The producers already said they won't explain the numbers (more than they already have). Basically, the numbers are 4 - Locke, ... etc. That's all we're getting. So they say, anyway.

Next week is Desmond, and I like Desmond, so it should be entertaining. My guess though is that will take the entire episode to tell us why he is back on the island and the rest of it will be his misadventures in alternate reality LA and a lot of 'I'm going to tell you exactly why you're here...' *interrupted by gunshots*.

Desmond is there, basically, because Widmore brought him there. A sneak peek was released with a scene explaining that (how he got there). As to why he's there, it might be explained (but I doubt it, at least not yet).

Set photos show desmond in some weird Room 23-esque room, and then some other (younger) man is in the room. I'm guessing it's a room that sends people back in time but keeps them in the present.

Oh, and these people are "confirmed" to die: Widmore, Ilana, Sayid, and Sun.

No.78
04-02-2010, 11:36 PM
YES, A LOST THREAD!!!

Sorry, yes. I was also disappointed that Jin and Sun did not unite last episode. I have a horrible feeling that if Sun dies from the injury in the alt world, that may mean she has to die in this world too.

I don't want her to die. :( But at least we know Jin is 42!

Set photos show desmond in some weird Room 23-esque room, and then some other (younger) man is in the room. I'm guessing it's a room that sends people back in time but keeps them in the present.

Omg I saw that! I thought it may be something to do with crossing into the alt world in the mind, as that's what I think Juliet did right before she died.

Please leave spoilers in spoiler tags when quoting. ~ Mulley

Miriel
04-03-2010, 05:03 AM
I will drive to the writer's homes and have my dogs :bou::bou::bou::bou: all over their lawns if they don't give Sun/Jin a happy ending. :mad2: My dogs are Korean, they will do it to avenge our people. And also cause they just like pooping on lawns in general.

Meat Puppet
04-03-2010, 07:45 AM
thus the existence of reverse racism

No.78
04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah I will be pretty annoyed if we don't get a happy ending to bawwww over.

PeneloRatsbane
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I love that Desmond is "the package" I think that should be his new nick name *wink**wink*

No.78
04-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Desmond's package, you say?

McLovin'
04-03-2010, 09:28 PM
Maybe his package is the key to stopping smokie...

Croyles
04-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Hasn't washed in a while, maybe?

badumm, tshhh.

Loony BoB
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree that the new 'flash-sideways' (or whatever) are annoying because I don't get how they are supposed to make sense either. All I can think of is that they're just a cheap way to get everyone their moment in the spotlight before the season is over. It's the one part that doesn't make sense at all to me. On the other hand, it meant I got to see Keamy and Mikael again, and I thought they were some of the best characters in the series, so that made me happy. Then I got to see them die (again), and that made me sad. Oh well. Such is life Lost!

Del Murder
04-06-2010, 04:11 PM
The cameos are the only good part of the flash sideways. There's supposed to be some <i>unexpected</i> ones in tonight's Desmond episode. I'm guessing Walt!

Loony BoB
04-06-2010, 04:20 PM
On a sidenote (and don't spoil anything for me if you know anything about tonight's [America] episode or beyond!): If Jacob does find his replacement to protect the island, can anyone really see any of them that aren't Jack doing it? I can't for the life of me.

Del Murder
04-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah it's gotta be Jack, which sucks because it would be much cooler if they ended up killing him off in the finale.

Psychotic
04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Jack will become Jacob, Sawyer will be the new smokey. :D

Seriously I think it's 90% likely to be Jack. The other 10% I guess is Hurley. He's the only one of the other candidates who comes close.

Flying Mullet
04-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Jack will become Jacob, Sawyer will be the new smokey. :D
I can't think of an appropriate joke analogy of where that leaves Kate.

Psychotic
04-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Dead, hopefully.

LowCaloriePie
04-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Desmond + Charley + Faraday = <3
We're finally going somewhere with
this season. =]

McLovin'
04-07-2010, 06:13 AM
How the fuck does Eloise know everything.

Del Murder
04-07-2010, 06:25 PM
She's smart and knows a lot about the island. She's also the only one who knew about the time travelers in the 70s (I think). She at least knows that her son somehow makes it to the island and comes back to the 70s where she shoots him. Since the island is gone and that can't happen now, she probably put two and two together. In fact if anyone in the flash sideways world knew what was going on, it would be her.

This was a great episode and it finally moved the flash sideways plot along. It also helped that some of the more interesting and likeable characters (Desmond, Charlie, Daniel) were featured. It was the first episode of the season where I wanted to see more right after it ended. Desmond's flash sideways storyline has turned out to be the only interesting and relevant one so it sucks that his turn is over already (hopefully he'll get a lot more screentime in the final episodes because he seems to be the key to everything). Really I wish it hadn't taken a bunch of crap filler episodes to get to this point but oh well I hope we're in end game now.

McLovin'
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Does anyone else notice that Jack looks so old? Like there's grey in his hair and it's longer compared to island Jack.

Kirobaito
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
She's smart and knows a lot about the island. She's also the only one who knew about the time travelers in the 70s (I think). She at least knows that her son somehow makes it to the island and comes back to the 70s where she shoots him. Since the island is gone and that can't happen now, she probably put two and two together. In fact if anyone in the flash sideways world knew what was going on, it would be her.

This was a great episode and it finally moved the flash sideways plot along. It also helped that some of the more interesting and likeable characters (Desmond, Charlie, Daniel) were featured. It was the first episode of the season where I wanted to see more right after it ended. Desmond's flash sideways storyline has turned out to be the only interesting and relevant one so it sucks that his turn is over already (hopefully he'll get a lot more screentime in the final episodes because he seems to be the key to everything). Really I wish it hadn't taken a bunch of crap filler episodes to get to this point but oh well I hope we're in end game now.
I think that Eloise might have Desmond's ability as well, but actually understands it unlike Desmond. That's how she always seems to know everything because she understands multiple timestreams. I dunno.

Moon Rabbits
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Does anyone else notice that Jack looks so old? Like there's grey in his hair and it's longer compared to island Jack.

He's still sexehhhhhhhh~

Good episode. I can't wait for Hurley's next week~~~~~~

Miriel
04-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Really enjoyed that last episode.

It always makes me super happy to see Charlie. He was the reason I gave this show a chance in the beginning. A hobbit is going to be on network tv? Sure I'll watch!

Anyway, we didn't get much in terms of answers, but I still feel like this episode moved the story along a ton. We're getting closer to end game!

Croyles
04-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Desmond is a really good character, and this episode had something very magical about it. I think the direction, the dialogue and the music all flowed together perfectly for some odd reason.

All this time I thought the flash sideways were only serving the purpose of showcasing the character's personalities which would help you to understand them better on the island, but it seems that it may actually be going somewhere.

Do you think Desmond knows he is supposed to go with Sayid?

And where does Daniel get the name Faraday (maybe already explained, but cant remember much from the older seasons)? Are him and Eloise NOT related to Whitmore in non-flash-sideways timeline?

LowCaloriePie
04-09-2010, 12:04 AM
And where does Daniel get the name Faraday (maybe already explained, but cant remember much from the older seasons)? Are him and Eloise NOT related to Whitmore in non-flash-sideways timeline?

Pseudonym, perhaps?

Moon Rabbits
04-09-2010, 12:15 AM

Pseudonym, perhaps?

AFAIK in the normal timeline, Daniel didn't know (or barely knew) Widmore and had a pretty strained relationship w/ Eloise. Unsurprising he took a different name. I don't think a real reason was ever given, though - probably just a plot device or w/e; it would be pretty obvious that Daniel was Widmore or Hawking's son if he came on the show as "Daniel Hawking" or "Daniel Widmore."

McLovin'
04-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Do you think Desmond knows he is supposed to go with Sayid?
Desmond probably wants to see the other Losties to tell them about what he saw thus he went with Sayid.

Del Murder
04-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Eloise is probably named Faraday and she married someone else with the last name Hawking in the original timeline.

McLovin'
04-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Wasn't her picture with that priest guy on his desk in one of Desmond's flashbacks?

PeneloRatsbane
04-10-2010, 12:16 AM
God, this episode is my favourite so far (of this season), I've missed Desmond a lot, hope we see more of him now.

Charlie creeped me out a bit but, he's so naughty, all his shenanigins

Daniel is just too great, he learns a lifetime of physics just cos he see a pretty lady, and comes up with the idea of mixing Drive Shaft with his classical music. Cute little Rich boy living a happier life, hope he goes after Charlotte. I mean throwing a charity Gala at a girls work is one way to get attention

Levian
04-10-2010, 12:32 AM
I agree that the new 'flash-sideways' (or whatever) are annoying because I don't get how they are supposed to make sense either. All I can think of is that they're just a cheap way to get everyone their moment in the spotlight before the season is over. It's the one part that doesn't make sense at all to me. On the other hand, it meant I got to see Keamy and Mikael again, and I thought they were some of the best characters in the series, so that made me happy. Then I got to see them die (again), and that made me sad. Oh well. Such is life Lost!

The flash sideways annoy me. They are interesting, sure, but they are revealing nothing about the main plot and are only stalling an already stalled show. I think they are the worst incarnation of the 'flashes' this show has had too. The flashbacks at least give some real history on the characters and what led to them being where they were. The flash fowards were pretty much a part of the main plot since that group was separated from the island. I wouldn't mind them as much if the parts on the island were non stop action and revelation, but they aren't. I really hope the last few episodes don't have any flashes because we need some plot development here.

While the flash sideways might be useless because they're not how things are supposed to happen, I think they're nice in that they bring more justice to the ones who died along the way, like Charlie, Charlotte and especially Alex so far. in Charlie's instance, it's nice to see a different ending to a character that has been built up throughout the seasons. Here's to hoping Ana Lucia and Libby will pop up sooner or later. At this point everything that's happening on the island is so far out there that I care more about the characters. :mog:

Del Murder
04-10-2010, 12:33 AM
After thinking about it, yeah this was my favorite one. Ben's was good and all but it didn't really move the story along.

I have also decided that Desmond is my new second favorite character on Lost. So now it goes:

1. Ben
2. Desmond
3. Smoke Monster

Levian
04-10-2010, 12:42 AM
1. Jack
2. Kate
3. Sawyer

:D?

Psychotic
04-10-2010, 12:48 AM
1. Sawyer
2. Miles
3. Frank

:colbert:

Del Murder
04-10-2010, 12:48 AM
*kills Levian and the sad Lost music plays*

Levian
04-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Eh, I was only messing about. Although Kate would be first.

PeneloRatsbane
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I have a dead list of faves and an alive list of faves

Dead
1.Charlotte
2.Daniel
3.Juliet
(damn you series 5)

Alive
1. Desmond
2. Miles
3. Jack/Frank

No.78
04-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Loved that last episode! Oh but I wish I knew what exactly Desmond remembered when he woke up. What did he see?!

Trust Sayid to come along and ruin everything, though. :/

My faves always die.

Season One: Boone
Season Two: Libby
Season Three to Five: Juliet

Now I've decided it's Ilana. If I had to pick my fave who's been in the whole series, it's probably Jin. ^^

Levian
04-10-2010, 01:44 PM
..Is Daniel Faraday dead? xD

How, when?

No.78
04-10-2010, 01:49 PM

How, when?

He was shot in season 5 by Eloise Hawking, before she realized he was her son from the future.

You really can't afford to miss an episode, you know!

Croyles
04-10-2010, 02:58 PM

How, when?

He was shot in season 5 by Eloise Hawking, before she realized he was her son from the future.

You really can't afford to miss an episode, you know!

Umm I really don't remember that either now lol.

Ah yes I remember now, it was young Eloise.

Levian
04-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Ah yeah, I remember it now. It's weird that I don't remember the death of such an annoying character.

Psychotic
04-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Faraday is one of the best fucking characters, you shut your filthy Kate-loving mouth. :colbert:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/3994000943_258c4d6f6f.jpg

Croyles
04-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Faraday IS awesome, stop lying Levian :p

PeneloRatsbane
04-10-2010, 05:41 PM
*Gasp* how dare you speak ill of Faraday!
Sometimes I love him so much that its probably innappropriate.

love for that picture with the grass

Del Murder
04-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Maybe the translation to Scandinavian makes Daniel annoying and Kate less of a stupid bitch.

No.78
04-10-2010, 06:23 PM
AWW MAN! I like Kate! She gets so much bad press! Faraday was cool but, not really one of my favorite characters. He was such a drip.

PeneloRatsbane
04-10-2010, 07:37 PM
A drip?

No way, he totally sassed Richard, saved the stupid Island peeps from potential death by poison gas, ferried people to the frieghter (okay that didn't end well but, you know, the thought was there), Charlotte gives everyone attitude but the second he tells her to behave she hushes up, he tamed that firey miss. he came up with the craziest plan ever, to play with a hydrogen bomb.

certainly not drippy, just cos he cries a lot, but he's got a lot to cry about. lol

Croyles
04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe the translation to Scandinavian makes Daniel annoying and Kate less of a stupid bitch.

You probably know this already but, you do know Scandinavian is not a language right? :p

That was probably the joke that I just ruined, oh well. ;)

A drip?

No way, he totally sassed Richard, saved the stupid Island peeps from potential death by poison gas, ferried people to the frieghter (okay that didn't end well but, you know, the thought was there), Charlotte gives everyone attitude but the second he tells her to behave she hushes up, he tamed that firey miss. he came up with the craziest plan ever, to play with a hydrogen bomb.

certainly not drippy, just cos he cries a lot, but he's got a lot to cry about. lol

Yeah he is pretty much Super-Nerd! The nerd every other nerd wishes they would be :D

Loony BoB
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Of the 'main' cast...

1. Jin
2. Richard
3. Miles
4. Hurley
5. Eko
6. Daniel

Those six constantly change order for me, although I think Jin remains #1 throughout. Claire & Sun the best of the girls.

Of the 'supporting' cast... (in no order this time, as I don't know which I like better :p)

Keamy
Rose
Tom
Widmore
Mikhail

LowCaloriePie
04-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I was flabbergasted to realize that Kate actually had some likable traits when I was re-watching some Season 1 episodes. Same with... y'know, the entire cast (bar Shannon). :O

Moon Rabbits
04-14-2010, 04:19 AM
hurley episodes are always good.

libby!

McLovin'
04-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Did anyone else laugh when Illana died? I was like "YEAH BITCH, DYNO-MITE!"

I think Desmond going into the well is similar to what happened to MIB and how he became the smoke monster. We'll see.

The Man
04-14-2010, 06:33 AM
I liked the Libby scenes a lot. I'm also enjoying the way they're starting to tie the flash-sideways into the main plot.

No.78
04-14-2010, 04:22 PM
OH GOD ILANAAAAAA

I love how like, no one cared.

She was replacing Juliet as my favorite, and now THIS?!

P.S. If Desmond doesn't say "See you in another life, brother." during this season I will be severely disappointed.

Psychotic
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
dude what a fucking episode

Libby, Ilana getting Arzt'd, Black Rock getting Artz'd, the whispers revealed, Smokey throws Desmond down a well so Desmond splatters him in the alt-universe - fuckin' awesome.

Croyles
04-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Didnt enjoy this episode much for some reason... :(

Moon Rabbits
04-15-2010, 01:22 AM
Did anyone else laugh when Illana died? I was like "YEAH BITCH, DYNO-MITE!"

No, I was like "WTF? WAY TO NOT EXPLAIN ANYTHING ABOUT HER CHARACTER."

Croyles
04-15-2010, 01:37 AM
I never thought she was going to be one of the main ones to be honest. Pretty lackluster episode imo, but maybe thats because its after Ab Aeterno and Desmonds one.

LowCaloriePie
04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Desmond was my favorite part of that episode, which makes me sad because normally Hugo episodes are all the more enjoyable. =/

Moon Rabbits
04-15-2010, 02:49 AM
I never thought she was going to be one of the main ones to be honest.

No, me either. BUT she was built up as having HARDCORE answers to the mythology and whatnot and personally I would have liked to know what the "training" she went through was, why Jacob chose her, how she ended up bandaged in the hospital, etc.

The Man
04-15-2010, 03:37 AM
P.S. If Desmond doesn't say "See you in another life, brother." during this season I will be severely disappointed.

Didn't he already?

Slothy
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
No, me either. BUT she was built up as having HARDCORE answers to the mythology and whatnot and personally I would have liked to know what the "training" she went through was, why Jacob chose her, how she ended up bandaged in the hospital, etc.

You can't really say we won't see that stuff. Though I didn't think she was built up as having any real answers to the mythology. Aside from being trained to protect Jacob and the candidates she really didn't seem to know any more than anyone else on the island.

Flying Mullet
04-15-2010, 01:19 PM
I was wondering how they were going to get the dynamite over to Hydra Island without it blowing up, and that explained that.

Faris
04-16-2010, 05:06 PM
(In no order) Daniel, Desmond, Hugo, Richard and Ben
My boyfriend said: Locke, Ben, Sawyer, Kate, Jacob. :irked:
/late :D

Hurray, Illana will now only be seen by Hugo if at all! All that build up to be exploded. >=(

PeneloRatsbane
04-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Loved seeing Dr Chang :D
I'm interested in how the "remembering" works at first i thought it was the deadies, but Hugo remembers too so maybe its just triggered.

Del Murder
04-18-2010, 08:35 AM
That episode was overly crazy.

No.78
04-18-2010, 10:36 AM
BECAUSE IF HE- *explodes*

PeneloRatsbane
04-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Illana getting blown up was so shocking! This episode was really pretty awesome! It left me with my Jaw wide open like "This Place is Death" from series 5, not quite as good as that one but definately my second favourite of the season so far.
I was never sold on Libby and Hurley but they were too adorable in this episode, they won me over

Del Murder
04-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I think the fact that we got an <i>answer</i> about something from season 1 (what the voices are) was even more shocking than Illana blowing up. As soon as she got the dynamite I had a feeling that was going to happen.