PDA

View Full Version : Valen-times

Rye
01-24-2010, 09:40 PM
♥http://www.jumpnow.de/b5lotr/i/valen.jpg♥

Nah, for seriously, has anyone made plans yet for Valentine's Day?

All of my Valentine's have been away from my boyfriends, until now, so I've been a little "yassssss valen-times lets go i need to be princess you WILL wear a suit! >;O" this time around, which I usually never am like. It's like the divorced woman who becomes a bridezilla about her second marriage sort of thing. But I'm not quite sure what we're doing. We're probably not going to a real nice restaurant because 1) poor college student since I'm not able to work at my job across the ocean and 2) I just really don't like what would be considered to be fancy food.

We're more likely going to out for sushi, or maybe for drinks and food at this place. (http://www.eclecticbars.co.uk/sakurareading/) But I don't know! I just want it to be special! I don't want to mess it up.

Alternative subject: best Valentine's day you've ever had? Also, if you have any good ideas, let me know, please! ♥

Momiji
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm not doing anything, as usual.

Marshall Banana
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a plan, but I can't say what it is! For obvious reasons!

Shlup
01-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Every year I cook for BJ (with gratuitous amounts of red dye) and he makes a CD for us to listen to.

It's always good fun.

NeoCracker
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Imma flirt with some lonely high school girls myself.

Goldenboko
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm buying a phone :)

rubah
01-24-2010, 10:23 PM
haha, me too boko

Last year was kinda fun. no big plans for this year, though

I do kinda want to get some little kiddie valentines and send them out to my classmates or somethingxD I only have one class on friday, and it's a big one! I wonder if my prof would give me the roster

~*~Celes~*~
01-24-2010, 10:29 PM
I have no idea what I'm doing for V-tine's just yet. I love to be surprised! :D

AntRid
01-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Ill probably be spending the whole day working at work. Not the most romantic thing giving tech support over the phone to someone.

Rye
01-24-2010, 10:41 PM
haha, me too boko

Last year was kinda fun. no big plans for this year, though

I do kinda want to get some little kiddie valentines and send them out to my classmates or somethingxD I only have one class on friday, and it's a big one! I wonder if my prof would give me the roster

Last year, I did this for all of my friends. The valentine's came with stick-on tattoos of kittens! xD

~*~Celes~*~
01-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Ill probably be spending the whole day working at work. Not the most romantic thing giving tech support over the phone to someone.

The cards tell me you will give tech support to a lonely girl who needs some tech support from a REAL man :jokey::jokey:

Goldenboko
01-24-2010, 10:42 PM

Unless you are romantically involved with said person in need of help.

Tavrobel
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Celebrating the new year's.

Zeldy
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I have never had a valentine's in my liiiiiife. I shall be out though, single night out!

AntRid
01-24-2010, 11:00 PM

There’s a good chance I’m not unless, “plug the cord into the hole on the side of the laptop” is considered flirting?

Goldenboko
01-24-2010, 11:01 PM

There’s a good chance I’m not unless, “plug the cord into the hole on the side of the laptop” is considered flirting?

With the proper tone of voice, anything is possible.

AntRid
01-24-2010, 11:25 PM

With the proper tone of voice, anything is possible.

This could go anywhere. There’s so many computer parts that have a double meaning.

NorthernChaosGod
01-24-2010, 11:56 PM

I approve. I should join you.

Shiny
01-25-2010, 12:28 AM
The only holidays I have ever cared about/ever will is Christmas, New Years, and Birthdays. With that said, I think the best I've ever had is when I got a crap load of candies. More so than usual.

Shoeberto
01-25-2010, 12:32 AM
I might just get :bou::bou::bou::bou: faced and drunk dial all of the girls in my contacts. Might be fun!

Tavrobel
01-25-2010, 12:38 AM
Drunk dials are hella fun. I approve.

Peegee
01-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Shrug

If your girl likes that sort of thing and can actually appreciate it, I don't see the harm in making her special for one day out of the year.

Captain Maxx Power
01-25-2010, 01:41 AM
Shrug

If your girl likes that sort of thing and can actually appreciate it, I don't see the harm in making her special for one day out of the year.

You know it's funny. I always wonder about the reasoning behind setting out one day to be particularly nice to your partner. For me I'm of the opinion that making your significant other feel loved is an all-year deal.

Anyway, as for me I'll be doing two things. One I'll be stewing in my own anger as is par for the course this time of year. The other thing I'll be doing is...well, I really couldn't say.

Bunny
01-25-2010, 01:47 AM
You know it's funny. I always wonder about the reasoning behind setting out one day to be particularly nice to your partner. For me I'm of the opinion that making your significant other feel loved is an all-year deal.

It serves as an excuse to go out and do something. Naturally, you shouldn't need an excuse to take your partner out somewhere nice and lavish them with love, praise and gives, but that's what society made Valentine's Day.

I might take my girlfriend out for sushi since she's been craving it for awhile but I haven't planned on it other than a spur of the moment idea just now. I normally don't do the flower route because it's cheesy and overdone, but she really liked it last time so I probably will do it again. Really, I don't know It all depends on how busy we are that week.

I don't even know what day it is. What day is Valentine's Day? The 14th?

LunarWeaver
01-25-2010, 02:36 AM
I forgot all about its existence. I'm sure he did too. It's all good. If he does bring it up, I'll buy him a soda or something.

AntRid
01-25-2010, 02:50 AM

The cards tell me you will give tech support to a lonely girl who needs some tech support from a REAL man :jokey::jokey:

I hear you. If only we can find this real man. I strive to be unrealistic as possible.

41-Inches-Wide
01-25-2010, 05:42 AM
I hope we go to a beach for Valentines. :heart:

Marshall Banana
01-25-2010, 05:44 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8</a>

:kaoclove:

Faris
01-25-2010, 05:57 AM
We're going to have a night in a few days early. We'll be playing VGs (Mario in particular), exchange gifts and eat pizza!

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2010, 06:53 AM
We're going to have a night in a few days early. We'll be playing VGs (Mario in particular), exchange gifts and eat pizza!

Throw in some beer and that'd be perfect. :cool:

The Man
01-25-2010, 08:40 AM
As has been the case the last three years I expect to be single for Valentine's Day. Since I haven't met anyone worth dating around here who's single and interested in a relationship, and since for that matter I don't even know how much longer I'll be spending in Florida, it's probably for the best.

Jiro
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM

I approve. I should join you.

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm so down, we can make a competition too. :cool:

Madame Adequate
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
All I want to do is play videogames :(

Breine
01-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I've never cared for Valentine's Day, plus I'm single.. so no.

Rye
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8</a>

THAT IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a musical boyfriend to sing that to me. Go take up the guitar now, Huxley! :kaocry2:

Jiro
01-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Get out while you still can Hux. Get out now

rubah
01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
All I want to do is play videogames :(

YouTube - Black Out Band - Video Games (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SNOAcD3ak&feature=video_response)

NeoCracker
01-25-2010, 05:32 PM

You have no hope against me.

Chicks dig the hair. :cool:

The Summoner of Leviathan
01-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Dunno yet. I work that night, so I have no idea what to do. :/

NorthernChaosGod
01-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Oh, it's on. You's going down, son.

Sephex
01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/fSymsOGXOjwjwv1oJCVhL9E7o1_r1_500.png

kikimm
01-26-2010, 12:47 AM
I think I am going to cook and bake myself something delicious. No awkward dates please.

Unbreakable Will
01-26-2010, 03:24 AM
RUN HUXLEY!

I have something very special planned for Nikki :love: but sadly I cannot post the details ;~;

Jiro
01-26-2010, 07:20 AM

Time for me to put on my charm. Sorry boys, but you're both gonna get beat.

qwertysaur
01-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm going to be having a party in Chinese class because it's also the Spring festival that day so lao shi is taking the entire class to a restaurant. :D We just have to order our food in Chinese :p

Rodarian
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Its too far away for me...Not that I'm doing anything special....yet....

NorthernChaosGod
01-26-2010, 11:01 PM

I'm so going to just buy a motorcycle and carry around my guitar then.

Easy win.

Tavrobel
01-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Ohh dear. It would appear that I have accidentally dropped my oversized condoms onto the ground.

Miriel
01-26-2010, 11:47 PM

That is so fucking geeky and adorable. <33

Um Valentines day, I dunno. But President's Day weekend we might go away for awhile. Napa Valley or maybe rent out a cabin in the mountains. :)

Jiro
01-27-2010, 03:28 AM

I'm so going to just buy a motorcycle and carry around my guitar then.

Easy win.

My friend owns a car exactly like this (http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/08/18/18/56/pic-57077.jpeg) so I'll just borrow it. Being a car, I should be able to fit at least two of them in there ;)

Evastio
01-27-2010, 04:09 AM
I don't have any plans exactly on Valentine's Day.

But if you're talking about Valentines-ish things that I'm doing, there's this one birthday party that I'm planning to go to. This Filipino girl that I like will be there and I'll hopefully be able to talk to her and get to know her better and not butcher the opportunity like I did the last party that I went to four days ago where I was bored out of my mind and would've practically fell asleep at.

She's too perfect for me to pass up. She's shy, pretty, reassuring, has a good singing voice (though she sings too quietly for most people to notice), finds my awkwardness amusing, and she's always helping out in the background with the parties and events she attends. I find it insanely hard to believe that she's single.

G13
01-27-2010, 07:37 AM

Nice! I'm totally singing that for my girlfriend!

Meat Puppet
01-27-2010, 10:02 AM
I will be spending the early hours stalking my current obsession as she jogs through the park, grabs a coffee with her girlfriends, or whatever else ensues before I lose her scent. I will then return home, paw half a gallon of whiskey & cola, and finish off the day by performing a cover of “Goodbye Horses” to myself (on repeat until unconscious).

NorthernChaosGod
01-27-2010, 11:48 PM
My friend owns a car exactly like this (http://www.cargurus.com/images/2008/08/18/18/56/pic-57077.jpeg) so I'll just borrow it. Being a car, I should be able to fit at least two of them in there ;)

Cheater, that's not yours.

If you wanna play like that, I'll just borrow my friend's 'vette. :mad2:

Unbreakable Will
01-28-2010, 05:30 PM
I will be spending the early hours stalking my current obsession as she jogs through the park, grabs a coffee with her girlfriends, or whatever else ensues before I lose her scent. I will then return home, paw half a gallon of whiskey & cola, and finish off the day by performing a cover of “Goodbye Horses” to myself (on repeat until unconscious).
Damn... that sounds like an awesome V-Day.

BarelySeeAtAll
01-28-2010, 06:30 PM
No plans for me; I'm actually in France with college =_= when I found out they're making me spend val's day in another country I - for some reason - got angry. It's just another day to me XD

Last year someone sent me roses, I found out who, and binned them D= XDDD it sounds harsh and I can't make you think otherwise.

For some crazy reason, I keep hoping this certain someone is going to be sending his letter so it arrives then haha, haven't had one yet and it's been weeks o_O

Academic
01-28-2010, 07:33 PM
I don't have any plans for Valentine's day other than it being a normal day.

If I do get anything, it'll probably be a bear or some candy from my mom, but that's about it.

rubah
01-28-2010, 09:18 PM
will loony bob penetrated me be sending out valentines this year?

~*~Celes~*~
02-01-2010, 05:02 PM

If so, I want one :aimkiss:

Rye
02-02-2010, 11:00 AM
lbpm luv luv letters?

I finally found a restaurant to go to, and I've picked out an outfit! The restaurant doesn't actually have a Valentine's menu, which means it is actually much cheaper than most places, which pretty much require you to spend at least $50 dollars if you reserve, since you have to eat from their Valentine's menu! Yes!

Mo-Nercy
02-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't made plans for Valentines with my missus. I'm broke this year as I've elected not to work through the break this time 'round (I had a field placement at the end of last year for six months and will be receiving another one when the semester starts, so working in between will just burn me out).

If I did have money, we'd be off to this quaint little, semi-underground French bistro which serves my girlfriend's favourite 'self-melting' chocolate pudding (though I guess those last two PS3 games could've waited....) but since I don't, I've decided to go all out on the gift instead. I've picked up some used timber and I've been spending the last month and a half building a cathouse for her cat (aptly named Pudding). I put the front wall up yesterday and tomorrow I'm putting in the hinges with the door and windows. The roof is going to be a breeze but I'm not sure about how the railings for the porch is going to be held to the foundation, I might have to duck out and buy some glue. Once I've got that sorted, the house'll be finished. It won't look stunning but it's the thought that counts.

But just it case the thought doesn't count for enough, I'm also getting her a bottle of perfume she's had her eye on.

The Man
02-03-2010, 05:50 AM

If so, I want one :aimkiss:

+1

Jess
02-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I wasn't planning on anything. at all! Purely because I smurfing hate Valentines.

However, I got a text the other day when I was at work from my boyfriend telling me to keep the evening of the 13th free. I asked why (forgetting Valentines even existed), and he's taking me out for dinner and drinks on the Saturday night, table is already booked and everything. He's a bit sweet.

Raistlin
02-04-2010, 01:44 AM
For Valentines Day I'm going to ref a basketball game. That's about as significant as the day gets for me.

Aerith's Knight
02-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Valentines day falls together with Carnaval this year.

I predict the amount of unexpected pregnancies will go up this year.

Mo-Nercy
02-05-2010, 05:55 AM

Valentines is also Chinese New Year this year.

Aerith's Knight
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM

So drunken valentines with fireworks?

Madonna
02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Whoa, whoa, Tibetan New Year; the Chinese just celebrate it at the same time!

I plan on giving out Valentines on Valentine's Day; nothing hurts more than not receiving at least a note from a friend saying you are loved!

Kamiko
02-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I think I'm watching a movie and eating frozen yogurt with a couple people. Some of my friends are planning on going out for jajangmyeon on Black Day, but I think it's kind of pessimistic. Maybe some of us will be dating by then, who knows?

Unbreakable Will
02-05-2010, 06:39 PM

So drunken valentines with fireworks?
Smurf yes to that :cheers: