PDA

View Full Version : Largest Boss

Tacirn
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm just curious as to who's the physically largest boss within all of the final fantasy's.

Shlup
01-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Allow me to move this to the proper forum for you. :<3:

Uhm... I'm guessing the main FFX boss? I forget his name. Sin? He was big.

Goldenboko
01-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Yeah, definitely Sin. Although I don't think there's any best way to determine this. Just consider how large he is compared to everything around him, I doubt any game has anything close. Perhaps a boss from an early FF can come close (that one conjoined enemy from the fight before Kefka in FFVI appeared very large), but the graphics back then where always shifting into strange perspectives (Golbez suddenly turning 5 times the size of the entire party put together comes to mind).

VeloZer0
01-25-2010, 12:19 AM
In their FMV apearances the Weapons from FFVII are huge. Sapphire Weapon is the size of the city of Junon, and in the FMVs they are usually portrait as dwarfing the Highwind. Distance from the camera makes it hard to tell the actual size, but it is safe to say they are all much larger than the airship.

In FFIV the Giant of Babil was extremely large (enough to house a dungeon inside), though I don't think it is bigger than Sin (once again, hard to tell due to technology restrictions.)

Goldenboko
01-25-2010, 12:22 AM
FFIV's Giant of Babil wasn't really a boss. Sin was, you physically fought him in game (sure, he only charges up the entire battle, but if you don't beat him in time, he does kill you). Same with Sapphire Weapon. The other weapons you do fight definitely do rival Sin's size, but it's very, very difficult to tell.

PuPu
01-25-2010, 12:50 AM
Vegnagun.

VeloZer0
01-25-2010, 01:25 AM
I think the Giant counts as much as a boss as Sin does, as you both go inside them to fight a boss that is essentially their 'core'.

I just threw Sapphire in because it is the Weapon we can most closely approximate a size for. (Of course that is assuming they are all roughly the same size.)

Raistlin
01-25-2010, 01:51 AM
Some of FF7's weapons were the first thing that came to my mind. Sapphire is huge, and Diamond, Ruby, and Emerald may be just as big. Ruby is about the size of the Gold Saucer, though admittedly the world map view probably is not the best scale.

Goldenboko
01-25-2010, 03:27 AM
I think the Giant counts as much as a boss as Sin does, as you both go inside them to fight a boss that is essentially their 'core'.

I just threw Sapphire in because it is the Weapon we can most closely approximate a size for. (Of course that is assuming they are all roughly the same size.)

To me: There's a boss called Sin, you blow off his arms and smash his head up. There's no boss named Giant of Babil.

Some of FF7's weapons were the first thing that came to my mind. Sapphire is huge, and Diamond, Ruby, and Emerald may be just as big. Ruby is about the size of the Gold Saucer, though admittedly the world map view probably is not the best scale.

Yeah, probably not. In battle probably works better because it has much more detail, in which case it doesn't appear that Ruby weapon is the same size as Gold Saucer, if you consider his size relative to Cloud. Besides, if that's the case, Cloud is just as tall as some buildings! :0!

PuPu
01-25-2010, 03:33 AM
CPU = Giant of Babil

Edit: I mean, Vegnagun wasn't named as a boss either except for tail, node, arm, left/right bulwark, core, and head.

Goldenboko
01-25-2010, 05:44 AM
This is true, but you physically fought Vegnagun. CPU didn't feel like I was fighting a Giant, it felt like I was fighting a defense system. Like in the beginning of FFX you fight tons and tons of Sin Spawn throughout. I wouldn't consider CPU as fighting Babil, just like I wouldn't consider fighting the turrets in FFV as fighting the Flying Ruins. I'm fighting a defensive system. CPU is a CPU, part of Giant of Babil, but not quite Giant of Babil. To put it in math terms x/3 isn't x, only a fraction of it.

KuRt
01-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Exdeath in his second form is HUMONGOUS.
Just look how tall that smurfer is.
http://gameaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ffv_exdeath.jpg

qwertysaur
01-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Likely Sin.

VeloZer0
01-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Exdeath in his second form is HUMONGOUS.
Just look how tall that smurfer is.
http://gameaxis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ffv_exdeath.jpg

Oh wow, I never noticed how far that tree trunk went into the background. Looks like I shouldn't have knocked him off my list.

Roogle
01-26-2010, 03:41 AM
I consider Sin the largest boss in the Final Fantasy series because there are many instances in which only a certain part is fought while the entire body can be seen in the background.

The Giant of Babil from Final Fantasy IV is not a boss in the traditional sense. Cecil and the others travel inside of the giant to disarm it, but you never fight it head on externally like you fight Sin in Final Fantasy X.

Vegnagun from Final Fantasy X-2 is very large for a boss, but I don't think it is bigger than Sin or bigger than the Giant of Babil.

Here is a screenshot from Final Fantasy XIII:

http://egamer.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/FFGiantTurtle-2.jpg

Jessweeee♪
01-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Definitely Sin. It's almost funny attacking him with Wakka's ball. It's just so tiny and I expect it to only do about 10HP of damage each time.

Evrae was pretty big, too. I don't remember how big he was in comparison to Sin, though.

Sephiroth
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
It's quite hard to say, but [Sin] ist so huge it just used one of its fins to build the calm lands.

The Titan of Gran=Pulse in Final Fantasy XIII is bigger than a mountain as well. He eats an Adamantoise when you arrive at Pulse - and Adamantoises are way bigger than your characters, but he just grabs it and it looks like he is holding an action figure in his hands.

Goldenboko
01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Definitely Sin. It's almost funny attacking him with Wakka's ball. It's just so tiny and I expect it to only do about 10HP of damage each time.

Evrae was pretty big, too. I don't remember how big he was in comparison to Sin, though.

In comparison to Sin, most things where pretty small in that game. Oh relativity <3

Roogle
01-27-2010, 12:12 AM
The Titan of Gran=Pulse in Final Fantasy XIII is bigger than a mountain as well. He eats an Adamantoise when you arrive at Pulse - and Adamantoises are way bigger than your characters, but he just grabs it and it looks like he is holding an action figure in his hands.

Have you played Final Fantasy XIII? Is the monster in the screenshot that I posted an Adamantoise? If so, that certainly sounds like an impressive battle and a contender for the Largest Boss in the Final Fantasy series.

qwertysaur
01-27-2010, 06:56 AM
Lulu's dolls running up and kicking Sin's fin for the final hit causing the fin to fall off xD

Sephiroth
01-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Have you played Final Fantasy XIII? Is the monster in the screenshot that I posted an Adamantoise? If so, that certainly sounds like an impressive battle and a contender for the Largest Boss in the Final Fantasy series.

Yap, I have Final Fantasy XIII. Of course the monster you've posted is the stronger version of an Adamantoise - but indeed, he eats the monster you have posted. And the Titan really eats this thing - which is only as big as the Titan's mouth.

Well - there are characters like Kefka, Sephiroth, JENOVA or Galenth Dysley who have the ability of shapeshifting (well - Kefka is using his illusions which Sephiroth and JENOVA can use together with shapeshifting as well, but you can't really say who doesn't really shapeshift in a fantasy world). So they can be the largest bosses as well - but of course only a boss you really fight in a large form counts.

Jessweeee♪
01-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Lulu's dolls running up and kicking Sin's fin for the final hit causing the fin to fall off xD

Oh my god please be a Cactuar doll xD

qwertysaur
01-27-2010, 11:57 PM

Oh my god please be a Cactuar doll xD
:cactuar:

Roogle
01-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Yap, I have Final Fantasy XIII. Of course the monster you've posted is the stronger version of an Adamantoise - but indeed, he eats the monster you have posted. And the Titan really eats this thing - which is only as big as the Titan's mouth.

What an impressive monster. Of course, the larger the monster gets, the more suspension of disbelief is required. I think it sounds graphically impressive that Lightning and the other party members take on a giant monster of that size, but, at the same time, it sounds a little overwhelming that they would even be able to damage it with their small bodies and weapons at that point. Is there something that you have to do especially in this boss battle?

Sephiroth
01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
What an impressive monster. Of course, the larger the monster gets, the more suspension of disbelief is required. I think it sounds graphically impressive that Lightning and the other party members take on a giant monster of that size, but, at the same time, it sounds a little overwhelming that they would even be able to damage it with their small bodies and weapons at that point. Is there something that you have to do especially in this boss battle?

Well I haven't finished the last optional missions yet - I haven't played it for almost 3 weeks now, because I have finished the storyline, explored Yashas Mountain, done some missions and then I thought I should take a break to have something for later - but it seems you cannot fight the Titan - which is very strange because I thought it would be the "Ruby WEAPON of Final Fantasy XIII". But notice - the Titan is a fal'Cie (which gives you your last missions) and the heroes are able to beat fal'Cies (like many other final fantasy heroes are able to beat the villains when they have obtained godly power) so if you just think about the story, Lightning and her team would be able to fight it.

I will post you a screenshot of fal'Cie=Titan. And of course I will post the answer if you are able to fight it or not (well - it wouldn't change the fact how large the Titan is but of course we only count bosses here).

Rad Bromance
01-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah, Sin wins this hands down. It was like, bigger than sky scrapers.

Raistlin
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Yap, I have Final Fantasy XIII. Of course the monster you've posted is the stronger version of an Adamantoise - but indeed, he eats the monster you have posted.

Something eats that? Holy crap. We may have a new contender for this in FFXIII.

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2010, 04:44 AM

Well I haven't finished the last optional missions yet - I haven't played it for almost 3 weeks now, because I have finished the storyline, explored Yashas Mountain, done some missions and then I thought I should take a break to have something for later - but it seems you cannot fight the Titan - which is very strange because I thought it would be the "Ruby WEAPON of Final Fantasy XIII". But notice - the Titan is a fal'Cie (which gives you your last missions) and the heroes are able to beat fal'Cies (like many other final fantasy heroes are able to beat the villains when they have obtained godly power) so if you just think about the story, Lightning and her team would be able to fight it.

I will post you a screenshot of fal'Cie=Titan. And of course I will post the answer if you are able to fight it or not (well - it wouldn't change the fact how large the Titan is but of course we only count bosses here).

Oh, so you can't fight the super huge guy that eats that other huge thing? That's kind of disappointing ;_;

Sephiroth
02-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I will post you a screenshot of fal'Cie=Titan.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9378/titanrl.jpg

Rebellious Eagle
02-26-2010, 01:49 PM

Yeah, I was always surprised when it did 4,000 damage!
I think Sin is pretty massive. But what about the many parts of the last battle of FFVI? Looked pretty big to me, it needed more than one screen...

lalaz4
03-01-2010, 11:13 PM
most off the buildings are like as big as the twin towers or bigger
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/7doc-omega-o.jpg