PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim's new anime series?

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2010, 03:57 AM
All of you watching probably saw the bumps mentioning three new series. I'm kind of curious to see what the are! My hopes aren't high, they've said repeatedly that anime doesn't bring in as many viewers as they'd like. The only ones that do well are the 800+ episode action series like Bleach or Inuyasha. I always find them neat for the first season or two, but then they just get a little too repetitive for me.

I figure Soul Eater (I'll finally have a good excuse to start watching xD), the new FMA series, and Eden of the East are likely to be among them.

Higurashi and NHK seem like things they'd like to air, but it doesn't seem likely.

Vermachtnis
01-25-2010, 04:45 AM
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is most likely one of them. Dunno about the other two. Maybe Darker than Black? I watched some of that, seemed like something could air.

JKTrix
01-25-2010, 02:08 PM
I'd think Soul Eater is a strong contender as well, since it's suitably long. There could potentially be some licensing contract that makes them (Funimation) actually have to put Soul Eater on TV before FMA (FMA and SoulEater are owned by the same japanese company, and companies have made strange demands like that before).

I'd love to have Sengoku Basara show on there. Adult Swim has had a Samurai Show before but it wasn't a Super Powered Samurai Show like this one. It was pretty short though, which might rule out Eden of the East as well (which is incomplete in its television form). Though they did air FLCL which is only 6 episodes, but that's a special case.

If they ever licensed Michiko to Hatchin, that would be a fantastic show to put up as well. That show is some fun and consistent eye candy, and really that's what's most important for an Adult Swim show.

I hope they don't do Higurashi. Aside from my personal issues with the superficial subject matter, they would have to edit too much of the violence.

qwertysaur
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Soul Eater is great, you should watch it.

JKTrix, did you just watch the first season of Higarushi or the second Kai season as well. Because Kai is the rest of the answer arcs and the entire mystery gets pieced together and it's actually a lot more complicated than the first season lets on.

Momiji
01-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Soul Eater is good and Eden of the East is smurfing fantastic.

As Trix said I doubt they'd do Higurashi just because of the extreme violent content.

When it comes to NHK, the average American mainstream anime fan wouldn't understand what the smurf would be going on, and would likely find it boring and pretentious.

As far as what I hope they'd air, it doesn't really matter much to me, since I download whatever anime I want and then buy it if I like it. :p But if I had to pick something, I think Baccano! would be right up their alley.

qwertysaur
01-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Baccano! is amazing *.* and I need to watch East of Eden.

Also I wonder if they will ever be able to show the second half of Eureka Seven.

JKTrix
01-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Eden of the East. Like, for real. 'Higashi no Eden' can be translated either way, but in the context of the show it is *meant* to be Eden of the East.

Adult Swim did finish Eureka 7. I know this because I recall them botching the final episode so bad that they had to show it again at a later date.

Also I have Zero interest in ever consuming any part of Higurashi.

Jessweeee♪
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
I don't know about the violence thing. Didn't they pretty much go "fuck you guys" after people got upset over the third episode of Paranoia Agent and aired it again unchanged? Or maybe they caved. I forget what happened. Then again that was sex, not violence.

Ouch!
01-25-2010, 08:26 PM
JKTrix is right, although I think some of Sengoku Basara's awesomeness would be lost in an English dub (entirely because Date Masamune's epic ENGRISH would be--literally--lost in translation). Eden of the East might be a bit short for what Adult Swim usually airs, but it's so freaking fantastic that it doesn't matter. It would be quite a wait for the English dubs of even the first movie, though, so I can imagine them waiting on that a bit.

At any rate, I think Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is just about a given.

Tavrobel
01-25-2010, 09:42 PM
It'll probably be either Soul Eater or FMA. Higashi is too short, and its plot, though excellent beyond words, is incomplete, at best. There's still two more movies for the series, and we have not meet all of the Selecao yet. Higurashi doesn't seem like an Adult Swim kind of show. The main problem with it, is the "power of friendship" anvil at the end of the last two episodes.

Adult Swim doesn't do :bou::bou::bou::bou: like that.

Vermachtnis
02-14-2010, 01:12 AM
In case anyone's not aware, FMA: Brotherhood premiers tonight at Midnight on [as]

Momiji
02-14-2010, 02:01 AM
Any word what the other two are, out of curiosity?

Tavrobel
02-14-2010, 02:48 AM
[adult swim] : Schedule (http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html)

Not that I follow Adult Swim's anime schedule too closely these days.

Zeromus_X
02-14-2010, 05:55 PM
In case anyone's not aware, FMA: Brotherhood premiers tonight at Midnight on [as]

Awesome, I've been wanting to see this dubbed for a while.

Jessweeee♪
02-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I saw it last night, it was pretty neat o: